Bar conversations....Would you trade Revis and this years #1 for Andrew Luck?

Matt39

No, but it does add context to how significantly Sanchez is overrated here

In the big scheme of things, how fans evaluate qb's really means nothing.

What matters is what the front office thinks, and how they evaluate. And the bottom line of that appears to be that they are going to see the Sanchez decision through to its potential. What that potential is, remains to be seen as they most likely change the coordinators and people working with him this offseason.

All this, regardless what fans think feel or scream

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, but it does add context to how significantly Sanchez is overrated here

I give Colts 2 #1's and Revis and i do not blink. we will never win a SB with Revis and the crap we have at QB. I am in awe of Luck and i believe he can come close to Rodgers good. Originally i wanted PM, but the chance for injury and short shelf life (2-3 yrs) I go all in on Luck. Sh*t if they want Harris too why not.

Would Revis matter much if the Jets had some safeties that could cover as well?

Look at all the difference that a mediocre Jim Leonhard makes with the secondary. Imagine what a true cover safety could do for this defense (and imagine ven more if there was a true pass rusher.

You don't bastardize a set piece of your foundation, to fill a leak somewhere else, because what you ma actually do is create 2 holes in the process.

Meh, CB's dont win SB's. QB's do. Revis in all his greatness and glory has been on essentially a .500 Football team for his entire career playing on a very inconsistent defense. Its too easy to just throw the other direction these days. CB's dont create wins for you. They can help you get them but at the end of the day, the person who touches the ball on every offensive play is 50x more important than some great cover corner which apparently every single draft produces.

Except in this case, we already have a pretty solid team, unlike New Orleans at the time, and we would trading for QB, not a RB...That comparison is awful.

We have a solid team? Maybe on defense but you haven't watched this offense enough. We could use a new RT, WR (or 2), and a new TE.

Considering QB is a much harder position to evaluate and develop then RB, I think selling a farm for a rookie QB is probably one of the worst ideas ever. If we are gonna talk about pipe dreams, why not at least sell the farm for someone like Brees who is set to become a FA then someone as green as Luck.

In response to the original question....I would do this deal. Revis is another year away from a holdout anyway. Love the guy, but to get Luck, I do the deal. Kyle Wilson can play corn.......oops, wait a minute............

Stick with your thought . Wilson CAN play corner. He is a 1st rnd talent. This can work especially if the Jets draft a true pass rushing outside backer so the corners dont have to hold coverage for an eternity.

In the big scheme of things, how fans evaluate offensive coordinators really means nothing.

What matters is what the front office thinks, and how they evaluate. And the bottom line of that appears to be that they are going to see the Schottenheimer decision through to its potential. What that potential is, remains to be seen as they most likely change the quarterback and people working with him this offseason.

All this, regardless what fans think feel or scream

Bam.

Bam.

Follow the money and follow the want to look like "geniuses", Aten, and that will tell you who stays and who goes.

Schottenheimer was a holdover from the old regime or in other words, disposable garbage.

Sanchez was a hand picked draft choice of Tanny and Rex who they gave up picks and players for. There reputations lie with this kid. These 2 like to set themselves up to look lile geniuses. They hold out to the bitter end on players they invested in.

Just guess who survives

Follow the money and follow the want to look like "geniuses", Aten, and that will tell you who stays and who goes.

Schottenheimer was a holdover from the old regime or in other words, disposable garbage.

Sanchez was a hand picked draft choice of Tanny and Rex who they gave up picks and players for. There reputations lie with this kid. These 2 like to set themselves up to look lile geniuses. They hold out to the bitter end on players they invested in.

Just guess who survives

obv, which is why I think Schotty is gone one way or the other and the only way Sanchez isn't here is if Manning comes available. They aren't going to give up on Sanchez for Luck or Flynn

Just guess who survives

I'm just having a difficult time getting my head around the idea of a fan who can't evaluate quarterbacks but is nonetheless qualified to hold forth at ridiculous length about the offensive coordinator's performance. Sounds like an interesting character.

obv, which is why I think Schotty is gone one way or the other and the only way Sanchez isn't here is if Manning comes available. They aren't going to give up on Sanchez for Luck or Flynn

Someone has to be the "fall guy" for this, particularly with the distasteful way things ended. Schottenheimer looks like the choice, and has earned it as well.

Our only hope is that privately, TanneRex realize their misdeeds in this current circus and react appropriately. And appropriately is not mumbling the mantra of "we were in the last 2 AFC Championship games, we have the right formula"

If they in fact do change their ways, and approach team building and team management differently, this will be a blessing in disguise. I honestly believe that Rex understand how a team should be run in practice and on the field. It is in the lockerroom and private office that he struggles.

I'm just having a difficult time getting my head around the idea of a fan who can't evaluate quarterbacks but is nonetheless qualified to hold forth at ridiculous length about the offensive coordinator's performance. Sounds like an interesting character.

This has nothing to do with evaluation of performance, and everything to do with what will happen. Those are separate conversations.

You'd have to be a jackass not to make that trade.

Is Revis the best CB in the game? You bet your a$$ he is.

Is Luck the best QB prospect of the past 25+ years? You bet your a$$ he is.

Would you rather have Revis stick on the roster and be giddy about having "the best CB in the game" or would you rather have potentially the next John Elway leading this team for the next 12-15 years?

I'll go with option B.

3 way deal...

Colts get: Rams first rounder (2nd overall), Jets first rounder, Rams second rounder, Jets third rounder, Rams fourth rounder

Rams get: Revis

Jets get: Luck

Rams give up their 1, 2 and 4 for Revis

Jets give up Revis, their 1 and 3 for Luck

Colts get RGIII plus a slew of picks.

You'd have to be a jackass not to make that trade.

Is Revis the best CB in the game? You bet your a$$ he is.

Is Luck the best QB prospect of the past 25+ years? You bet your a$$ he is.

Would you rather have Revis stick on the roster and be giddy about having "the best CB in the game" or would you rather have potentially the next John Elway leading this team for the next 12-15 years?

I'll go with option B.

Take your potential. I'll take the lockdown corner.

sorry, but you got to go with the qb, i'd rather have brees, because we know he can perform. but if you have the chance at a pro bowl qb you have to take him. is luck that, idk. and no one else does either. but how many wins did revis get you this year??? and there is his contract dispute that is coming up.

Chicken Little said "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" What would this board look like IF in another three years Sanchez is a polished NFL QB for another team and Andrew Luck is throwing interceptions for OUR NY JETS? And we have given up the BEST parts of our team. I heard the same bad comments about Eli Manning right before he was part of the TEAM that beat the Pratriots in the Super Bowl. This has got to run at least another season....and then there may be a case to get rid of everyone blow up the JETS and root for a totally rebuilding franchise! Or another team! NOT ME!! BEEN WAITING TOO LONG.

Take your potential. I'll take the lockdown corner.

I don't think you really grasp the concept of how good a prospect Andrew Luck is.

If you built the perfect QB in a lab from the ground up, you'd end up with Andrew Luck.

The size, the arm, the accuracy, the athleticism, the toughness, the pocket presense, the intangibles, the coolness under pressure...it's all there.

The guy is legitimately the best QB prospect since John Elway came out in '83.

Chicken Little said "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" What would this board look like IF in another three years Sanchez is a polished NFL QB for another team and Andrew Luck is throwing interceptions for OUR NY JETS? And we have given up the BEST parts of our team. I heard the same bad comments about Eli Manning right before he was part of the TEAM that beat the Pratriots in the Super Bowl. This has got to run at least another season....and then there may be a case to get rid of everyone blow up the JETS and root for a totally rebuilding franchise! Or another team! NOT ME!! BEEN WAITING TOO LONG.

LOL

I love how Jets fans are convinced that Sanchez would magically become a great QB if he went elsewhere. Kinda like how Chris Baker and Victor Hobson were going to own us when they signed with the Pats.

What don't you people understand about Andrew Luck being a once in a generation prospect? We're not talking about f*cking Matt Leinart or Brady Quinn here.

We're talking about a guy who could have a bust in Canton 20 years from now. Yeah, he's that good and he's that much of a sure thing.

I also love how "we" are putting Luck in Canton already and Sanchez is David Carr part II.

I wish we could Trade fans like players,there're a few on here I'd love to send to the Browns or Seattle give them a real reason to bitch and moan.

Trading the best corner ever for an unproven Q.B Is stupid no matter how

good he looks against collage players. Do you think Brady would have been a 6th rounder if we know what we do now? - or Jamarcus Russell 1st overall.

Simple fact is no one knows until they play in the

Pros.

Corner backs don't win superbowls but defences do.

We are a couple of good safeties and a pass rusher from having a monster D.

I also love how "we" are putting Luck in Canton already and Sanchez is David Carr part II.

I wish we could Trade fans like players,there're a few on here I'd love to send to the Browns or Seattle give them a real reason to bitch and moan.

Trading the best corner ever for an unproven Q.B Is stupid no matter how

good he looks against collage players. Do you think Brady would have been a 6th rounder if we know what we do now? - or Jamarcus Russell 1st overall.

Simple fact is no one knows until they play in the

Pros.

Corner backs don't win superbowls but defences do.

We are a couple of good safeties and a pass rusher from having a monster D.

G&P is dead, it's all about Passin not about game management

Archived