Rex Ryan's and Mike Tannenbaum Press Conference - Monday 1/2/12 at 3pm

Maxman

I hate to say it, but I think those in the "talk up Shotty so they can get rid of him" folks are living in a fantasy land.

Rex and Tanny like Shotty, and want to keep Shotty. Nothing has ever indicated they feel Shotty is the problem, or that they want rid of him.

I think we have to face it, they think he's awesome, and want him. It's not a sell job, it's how they feel.

If they wanted rid of him, they'd fire him, or would have fired him. Firing is common in the NFL. It's no sin, even for a guy you like (Tanny loved Mangini and had history, and still fired him).

Face it, Tanny and Rex like and support Shotty.

It's the reverse, they're not going to sh*t on him when they have an easy way out. Schotty gets hired, they don't have to can him, everyone is happy..

Also, it's entirely likely that they know that Sanchez is by far the bigger problem then Schotty, which should be obvious imo

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see why this press conference would make anyone feel differently about Rex than they did yesterday or last week or last year or three years ago.

The hope was that having a season blow up in his face would knock some of the naïveté off of Rex, humble him and make him take his job a little more seriously. This press conference reveals none of that. It's business as usual, with the usual boogeymen external factors that are to blame for their failures and nothing they did. The only course of action they promised this year is the same as they promised last year and the year before that--"we'll take a close look...we'll evaluate...we have to do a better job...etc." Delusional, kick the can down the road bullsh*t.

I know I'm not wasting my hard earned money on this team this year-they are going to have the same QB and the same OC if he doesn't get hired and the same issues-not going to bother torturing myself with this crappy franchise-if they're on, fine I'll watch otherwise I'll read all about it online

The hope was that having a season blow up in his face would knock some of the naïveté off of Rex, humble him and make him take his job a little more seriously. This press conference reveals none of that. It's business as usual, with the usual boogeymen external factors that are to blame for their failures and nothing they did. The only course of action they promised this year is the same as they promised last year and the year before that--"we'll take a close look...we'll evaluate...we have to do a better job...etc." Delusional, kick the can down the road bullsh*t.

that's the same way I'm reading it-this is Herman Edwards all over again-Tannenbaum is out of his league aND so is Rex-he had no CLUE of what was happening on HIS FOCKING TEAM!!!

Rex ate the sh*t sandwich on the Holmes captaincy and admitted he completely misread the locker room. Again, what exactly do you want here? Remember: be specific.

What a waste of time. Rex doesn't understand why fans blame schotty? Can someone tell that a$$hole that we were one of the 5 worst offenses this season and Sanchez hasn't progressed at all. I've never seen an offensive coordinator whose on the hot seat but is being considered for head coaching jobs it makes no sense at all if he's this bad as an offensive coordinator than why would anyone want to reward him with a head coaching job.

The team is being run by an accountant and a carnival barker.

lol @anyone who thinks were hearing what these guys really think..

I think most of us know we aren't. I also think its fun to take pot-shots at them for sounding like complete asstards on the radio... and then watching everyone here go crazy.

I think its official Rex Ryan is a dreadful head coach. He is a hell of a D coordinator but he has no idea how to run a team or how to handle being the head of an organization and the one who has final say, There is a reason why Baltimore passed on him and the more he talks and the more time he is in NY it become more and more evident.

As for Schotty if they truly do support him and plan on bringing him back next year I won't watch a snap, I'm sick of watching the most bullsh*t lifeless offense the last 6 years and won't subject myself to it any longer.

It's the reverse, they're not going to sh*t on him when they have an easy way out. Schotty gets hired, they don't have to can him, everyone is happy..

And I'm, convinced this is a total fan fantasy. That there is ANY desire by Rex and Tanny to "get rid" of Shotty, one way (firing) or the other (new HC job).

Put simply, there is no reason the Jets FO needs to take a "easy way out", in fact it's entirely counterproductive.

If they wanted to improve the O-Co spot, the only decision is to fire him immediately, then put the press on all the best possible replacements now, asap, before others (and other new HC's) get a jump on them.

Sorry, there is simply no evidence that the team wants rid of Shotty, they've had every opportunity over the time he's been here, and never once showed anything to indicate they want rid of him.

Archived