New franchise QB...via Revis?

KINGDIRK

It boils down to this question. Do you think Mark Sanchez will develop enough to WIN a Super Bowl....not come up 2 wins short. Actually win a Super Bowl. I respectfully say no. And if Jets brass feels that way, not looking for another real option (bringing in a Kyle Orton type this offseason is not a real option) is a slap in the face to Jets fans.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rl:

Really?

Revis is great, but you would have to throw in Sanchez. That is one step forward and two steps back in a trade.

why would irsay want sanchez? we will be lucky to get a 5th from seattle. Going to take Revis harris and 2 #1's to get Luck. Jets would win a SB with Luck at QB, aint

going to win anything with revis the final few years he is here.

:rl:

Really?

Revis is great, but you would have to throw in Sanchez. That is one step forward and two steps back in a trade.

That thinking is too short sighted. One step forward and two steps back but you would have an elite QB. You may not win a Super Bowl right away (we aint winning one anytime soon anyway) but long term the organization would be better off.

The Lions were 0-16. 3 years later they are in the playoffs and are a few pieces away from being legit SB threats.

The Jets have some nice core pieces in place and if they brought in an elite QB prospect and it worked out - your in business sooner than you think.

why would irsay want sanchez? we will be lucky to get a 5th from seattle. Going to take Revis harris and 2 #1's to get Luck. Jets would win a SB with Luck at QB, aint

What if the Jets felt that RG3 was the answer. And the cost was Revis + a 2nd and 3rd?

Im not saying RG3 is elite, my question is what is the tipping point for you? How much is too much in order to secure an elite QB prospect?

I dont see the Colts trading out anyway. To go from Manning to Luck is too good to pass up. The ONLY way they move out is if they liked RG3 better; but if your a new GM and Andrew Luck is there for the taking, I dont care about multiple picks. Take Luck and hit on your 1st rounder next year (which will also be a top 10).

What if the Jets felt that RG3 was the answer. And the cost was Revis + a 2nd and 3rd?

Im not saying RG3 is elite, my question is what is the tipping point for you? How much is too much in order to secure an elite QB prospect?

I dont like Big12 qB'S they dont play vs Good Defenses and most of them suk at next level

Luck is unreal, not fair colts get back to back franchise QBs

I not a huge Big 12 guy either but I was surprised at this kid's stats - over 70% completion rate and most scouts agree he throws the best deep ball in the country.

I would trade Revis and picks for Luck and not be afraid. RG3 on the other hand.....

Yeah, Colts got lucky, no pun inteneded. But then again luck and timing are everything in life. The Jets were able to move up to the 5th spot in 2009. Unfortuantely Stafford seems to be the only elite qb from that class.

he has a monster deal, a history of hold outs, and with him the jets were 8-8

the rams will want to trade back and stockpile picks or take that OSU WR wassisname

JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A BEAST! THATS THE ONLY PLAYER I"D SEE US TRADING UP FOR!

This is such a ridiculous mentality among certain Jets fans. In a quarterback, no a passing league Revis is exactly the kind of player you need o your team.

So you're suggesting Revis is of great importance because this is a passing league. Wouldn't a more direct route to improvement be getting a QB of our own who can keep up with the Rodgers's and Brees's of the league?

Remember, Rex Ryan has coached top-5 defenses without Revis before and he will again. Also remember we poured big money into retaining Cromartie (who is much better suited facing WR1's than little shifty WR2's) and drafted Kyle Wilson in the 1st round two years ago.

Revis on his own doesn't stop an opposing QB. While we've gone 9-7 and 8-8 with Revis playing at his best, The Packers just won a Super Bowl and followed that up with a 15-1 season.

Im not saying its not progress (it absolutely is) but people like you make it sound like we actually won something. When in fact, we didnt.

Its ridiculous listening to Tanny and Rex talk about back to back AFC Title game losses.

Ok yes people shouldn't champion losses in the AFC title game in the same breath as a Lombardi trophy, but the same applies for some here who act as if this team is no better than the Rams or Browns. The fact is this years team wasn't as good as the previous two, but the mistakes are for the most part correctable and the team still has a solid foundation. So many here want instant satisfaction, but Mike and Rex are trying to build sustained success, not a one off shot.

So you're suggesting Revis is of great importance because this is a passing league. Wouldn't a more direct route to improvement be getting a QB of our own who can keep up with the Rodgers's and Brees's of the league?

Remember, Rex Ryan has coached top-5 defenses without Revis before and he will again. Also remember we poured big money into retaining Cromartie (who is much better suited facing WR1's than little shifty WR2's) and drafted Kyle Wilson in the 1st round two years ago.

Revis on his own doesn't stop an opposing QB. While we've gone 9-7 and 8-8 with Revis playing at his best, The Packers just won a Super Bowl and followed that up with a 15-1 season.

No because look at New England. Tom Brady is as good as those two, but their defense can't stop any good offense. They just set the record for most yards allowed, and maybe points. It puts too much pressure on your QB to have to go out and score everydrive

but the same applies for some here who act as if this team is no better than the Rams or Browns.

No one is saying that. In fact quite the opposite. We believe this would have been a Super Bowl winning team with a better QB. It's a shame that this womanizer from USC was the one thing holding us back from a title. We would have won it all in 2009 if we had Favre.

No because look at New England. Tom Brady is as good as those two, but their defense can't stop any good offense. They just set the record for most yards allowed, and maybe points. It puts too much pressure on your QB to have to go out and score everydrive

Yet they went 13-3 and earned the AFC's # 1 overall seed. That's >>>>>>> 8-8.

But Jets' fans are generally spoiled, whiny bitches who don't know how to handle even the smallest bit of success. I remember sitting through the Kotite years, and this is nowhere close to that, regardless of what some Jets' fans make it seem.

Can you get spoiled by failure? Jets fans aren't spoiled; pats fans are spoiled. Jets fans are desperate. Subtle difference.

Sorry. I got last years record wrong - sue me.

Reading your posts I assumed you must be a child so I referred to you as son.

I don't know why you are pushing this. I made a simple, polite correction. Failing at basic arithmetic and then insulting someone's intelligence for pointing it out actually makes you look like the child here.

I don't know why you are pushing this. I made a simple, polite correction. Failing at basic arithmetic and then insulting someone's intelligence for pointing it out actually makes you look like the child here.

Im done with this. And I wasnt insulting your intelligence; just your ability to analyze our current QB situation.

Why would the Colts want to stay with Peyton?

The question is not if the Jets would like him, but why would the Colts want to trade the right to draft Luck?

Peyton and all his greatness will be 36 before the draft. He is coming off 3 neck surgeries. The last of which caused him to miss the entire season and until recently could not throw the ball.

And your idea is to trade Revis, Harris who is a bad fit for a 4-3 D that relies on quickness and two number ones that would be at the bottom of the draft.

Everyone thinks Luck is cannot miss. While the transition to Luck might be awkward for the Colts, it makes no sense for the Colts to trade Luck for .25 cents on the dollar.

That thinking is too short sighted. One step forward and two steps back but you would have an elite QB. You may not win a Super Bowl right away (we aint winning one anytime soon anyway) but long term the organization would be better off.

The Lions were 0-16. 3 years later they are in the playoffs and are a few pieces away from being legit SB threats.

The Jets have some nice core pieces in place and if they brought in an elite QB prospect and it worked out - your in business sooner than you think.

Dude I am not questioning if the Jets would take him if they could. They obviously would.

The price for Luck would be huge.

What trophy did we get for those playoff wins? Where are we now? The last 2 Super Bowls featured Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger. Like I said, the QB is all that matters.

I mean, sure, you'll get an occasional anomaly. The Niners are this year's version of the 2009 and 2010 Jets. When you have a top 5 defense and running game, you can win a playoff game or 2.

But when the D and running game fall off like they did for us this year, you need your QB to carry you. Sanchez can't.

Meanwhile, the Pats and Packers have two of the worst defenses in the league and below average running games, yet the 2 teams combined for 4 losses. You put Sanchez on the Pats or Packers and they'd suck.

Well put my friend, couldn't have said it better myself.

All right I got a new great idea. I'm sure everyone will just love it. Here it goes in no particular order really.

1. Cut Sanchez, Smith and Hunter save $13.8M

2. Trade Revis for Manning Straight up

3. Sign Mario Williams and Demetrius Bell

4. Draft Michael Floyd

lets hope the new colts gm makes the right call..

All right I got a new great idea. I'm sure everyone will just love it. Here it goes in no particular order really.

1. Cut Sanchez, Smith and Hunter save $13.8M

2. Trade Revis for Manning Straight up

3. Sign Mario Williams and Demetrius Bell

4. Draft Michael Floyd

I like ALL of the that except for Manning. I dont trust neck nerve damage.

Keeping Revis when an opportunity comes to acquire someone who may be significantly better than Sanchez is also asinine. If the best we can do with Revis is go 8-8 then he clearly isn't as important as we make him out to be. Not to mention he'll probably hold out after 2012 anyways.

All that matters in this league is the QB, and ours is sh*tty. That is our # 1 issue this offseason. Fix it now when there are some good QB's on the market or delay the inevitable.

We know what we have with Revis... the greatest corner to ever play the game, by the time he is done.. hopefully. Giving him up for a QB in the draft who may end up being another Sanchez, or maybe even worse is ridiculous.

You act as if we are 8-8 cause of Revis, and not thanks to Revis. You greatly undervalue the man's talent and what he does for our team. Had he not been here, we would more than likely be looking at a team that wasn't near .500.

K. So tell me again why you're right that having Revis is more beneficial than having a good/great QB.

Because I still believe you have to find a way to stop your opponent. You cannot win by outscoring them consistently. I also believe that Sanchez has a chance at being salvaged or that a good QB can be obtained without giving up Revis. Matt Flynn would likely cost a 1 or a 2. Kyle orton can be signed as a free agent, if you want a guy who likely won't turn the ball over. You draft another QB.

My point is that it is asinine to trade the best player on the team.

We know what we have with Revis... the greatest corner to ever play the game, by the time he is done.. hopefully. Giving him up for a QB in the draft who may end up being another Sanchez, or maybe even worse is ridiculous.

You act as if we are 8-8 cause of Revis, and not thanks to Revis. You greatly undervalue the man's talent and what he does for our team. Had he not been here, we would more than likely be looking at a team that wasn't near .500.

The Packers went 15-1 this year with no defense whatsoever. I'm just looking at the trends of the NFL bro. And those trends don't include a "defense wins championships" philosophy anymore.

The Packers went 15-1 this year with no defense whatsoever. I'm just looking at the trends of the NFL bro. And those trends don't include a "defense wins championships" philosophy anymore.

even announcers are starting to back off that bit of stupidity now

SO youre saying we were INCAPABLE of winning ONE more game last two seasons??? Do you realize how retarded it is to say that #6 can not get us to a SB? Look at the last two final fours:

Brees, Rodgers, Cutler, Sanchez

Favre, P Manning, Favre, Sanchez

Hmmm. Weird. and there arent too many guys who have gone to back to back FFs in the salary cap era not named Brady. Was the defense THAT dominant?? With no pass rush....that it can overcome a horrific QB and the worst OC in the history of the game?? Then we better hold on to Rex because he must be the GCOAT!

.....either that OR this whole nonsense about our QB is simply a snowball effect, witch hunt not backed up by anything solid. Because I have gone to obsessive, sociopathic lengths to illustrate how he is not only the best QB we have ever had (post-legend,) but his 'oh so important' stats are BETTER than MOST great QB's of our era in their first three years. (Check my posts, they're everywhere)

So, besides that he is a '******* Mexican POS, who poses for mags when he should be playing football and is a sadistic dog-killer (oh, wrong guy) and without falling behind the crowd and posting funny Simpsons pictures or dismissing the post because it is too long, too complicated, and therefore, unimportant.....

....please tell me why a team that had just knocked on the door twice in a row and whose ONLY glaring deficiency when they did it was the lack of a pass rush AND NOT QB, since #6 carried a 93+ QB rating in the playoffs (outdueling Brady and Manning....9TDs 3INTs 2 rushing TDs, 2 game winning drives.......you know the bit), a team that seriously depleted their offense this year (fact) CAN NOT get to a SB by replacing lost offensive weapons and adding a bonafide pass rusher AND replacing the OC everyone hates????

Please read that as many times as you want because it is a compound sentence and tricky. (I wont be holding my breath for a reasonable answer though. lol)

maybe this will help:

Simpsons.jpg

Archived