Could the Jets bring Cotchery back next year??

Blackout

Well they need to find a way to bring solid veteran guys back for the locker room angle more than anything else. So if it isn't Cotch then it needs to be somebody else. But this locker room would best be policed by guys who have been with the team for awhile.

Ellis, Cotch, and Richardson -- those are some solid vets to lose in one year. They are missed off the field more than they are missed on the field.

I'll guess and say Cotch knew Holmes was a douchnozzle and figured the grass was greener on the other side...if Holmes is still here...doubt Cotch comes back...

Amazing how much Holmes thinks of himself, considering he's had just 1 1,000 yard season in 6 years. Cotch had a 1,000 yard season, too... lol

BTW if anyone wants to get on me for jumping on the "I hate Holmes" bandwagon, I suggest you read my posting history. I'm one of the few posters that has been trashing him all season and even before this season began.

Amazing how much Holmes thinks of himself, considering he's had just 1 1,000 yard season in 6 years. Cotch had a 1,000 yard season, too... lol

BTW if anyone wants to get on me for jumping on the "I hate Holmes" bandwagon, I suggest you read my posting history. I'm one of the few posters that has been trashing him all season and even before this season began.

I don't think anyone will call you out now...lol...he was never high on my like list now realize he's gotta go...call me a bandwagon hopper...just cut his dumb a$$...thinking of Steelers WR...Antonio Brown really had a nice coming out year...wish we could find some diamonds in the rough like that...hopefully Kerley makes a similar jump in production.

Well they need to find a way to bring solid veteran guys back for the locker room angle more than anything else. So if it isn't Cotch then it needs to be somebody else. But this locker room would best be policed by guys who have been with the team for awhile.

Ellis, Cotch, and Richardson -- those are some solid vets to lose in one year. They are missed off the field more than they are missed on the field.

I think the locker room would've been fine if we were 13-3...

The idea is to get faster and more explosive. Not slower and more ploddy.

This. The Jets are already set at slot receiver with Kerley, and while they need a major overhaul at starter anyway, Cotchery no longer has what it takes to be that, and is the exact opposite of what the Jets need. Beyond that, I'd much rather a young player with some upside as opposed to an old, slow, deteriorating player as #4/5, which I'm sure he'd never come back to be anyway. There's really no reason to bring him back other than some fans infatuation.

Tried that with Santonio. How is it working out?

Oh stop you know its all Sanchez fault . Broken O-Line, dysfunctional WR's, Slow RB's who cant catch and a pussy for a TE who cant block but hey its all the QB's fault even though he accounted for 32 of the Jets TD's with such chaos surrounding him and took enough hits to have to deal with injury the last 6 weeks of the season.

Oh stop you know its all Sanchez fault . Broken O-Line, dysfunctional WR's, Slow RB's who cant catch and a pussy for a TE who cant block but hey its all the QB's fault even though he accounted for 32 of the Jets TD's with such chaos surrounding him and took enough hits to have to deal with injury the last 6 weeks of the season.

DERP DOUG DERP BRIEN DERP

Cotchery is beyond overrated.. and he is rated as terrible.

Cotchery was never overrated by anyone other than Jets fans. back 5 years ago he was, along with Coles, considered to be an incredible talent that Pennington simply could not exploit. It just proves some people on these boards adjust their arguements to suit their own opinions.

Cotchery is a soild WR hes not or should not at this point in his career be nothing more than a #3 guy you can count on to make the tough catches, hes also a good character guy I would not mind having back in this locker room but i doubt he will come back and probably asked out because of idiots like Holmes and Mason

This. No rumblings from Jets camp when they were 8-5.

What are you talking about Jif? Moore and Holmes were into it in early october

Brandon Moore rips WR criticism

By Rich Cimini

ESPNNewYork.com

Archive

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Now it's official: The New York Jets' locker room is fractured.

Veteran guard Brandon Moore, taking offense to Santonio Holmes' latest criticism of the offensive line, fired back at the wide receiver Friday, telling ESPNNewYork.com that Holmes is creating a rift by throwing teammates under the bus.

So when a team is winning games you expect players to come forward and create controversy ? Not happening unless they are TO and probably Holmes.

Exactly. Winning cures all.

What are you talking about Jif? Moore and Holmes were into it in early october

Brandon Moore rips WR criticism

By Rich Cimini

ESPNNewYork.com

Archive

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Now it's official: The New York Jets' locker room is fractured.

Veteran guard Brandon Moore, taking offense to Santonio Holmes' latest criticism of the offensive line, fired back at the wide receiver Friday, telling ESPNNewYork.com that Holmes is creating a rift by throwing teammates under the bus.

When was that article written?

Cotchery was never overrated by anyone other than Jets fans. back 5 years ago he was, along with Coles, considered to be an incredible talent that Pennington simply could not exploit. It just proves some people on these boards adjust their arguements to suit their own opinions.

Cotchery is a soild WR hes not or should not at this point in his career be nothing more than a #3 guy you can count on to make the tough catches, hes also a good character guy I would not mind having back in this locker room but i doubt he will come back and probably asked out because of idiots like Holmes and Mason

In what way have I "adjusted" my argument? Some people think of him highly. I think he was not nearly as good, at any point, as many fans did. Therefore, overrated.

he's referring to blaming doug brien for chad pennington's failings in Pitts 2004, and how similiar your post about Sanchez was to your posts about that situation

Yeah I know about Brien Chan I didnt need your help to point that out..... because every single game a HOF QB plays he never ever has to rely on his Field goal kicker to come through and we all know how HOF QB's always demolish Defenses filled with HOF players Right Chan. You just cant come to grips this team has lacked real skill players for about 12 years now and I suspect you never will . Its so easy to blame the QB .

Just look what our super talented offense accomplished this year.

Fact is chan there really is no way to end this arguement weve been having until either we get some real players or a QB comes in and turns chicken sh*t into chicken salad. I think we will both be waiting a long time.

In what way have I "adjusted" my argument? Some people think of him highly. I think he was not nearly as good, at any point, as many fans did. Therefore, overrated.

Im sorry Pointman I was refering to others in part of my post I probably should have pointed that out

Archived