Tony Sparano in as OC

BroadwayJ667

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people will not be impressed with the hiring because they want a Green Bay Packers or New Orleans Saints type offense, but this is what we need. The Jets are going to be built around their defense and need an offense that supports the defense by winning the field position game and controlling the clock. It is not a sexy notion, but it is how this team will win. Sanchez will be a better QB with the running game providing a threat and the play action actually meaning something.

What is the date to lock in opinions on this move?

It seems so important to lock in on an opinion here, remain steadfast in that opinion, even when things fly in the face of that opinion of it being wrong. Then it is so much fun to pound our chests is fun when that things turn toward our opinion.

What fun is it to let things play out?

No now I'm just fascinated by how quickly you came up with all of that BS. The Jets are a good QB away from being good. So an AFC championship is not good, nor is the team a contender. Fact is no Qb was going to look good this past year with the offensive line that was providing protection. To that effect, the running game suffered because the line could not shed their initial blocks. I believe Sanchez can be a good Qb. I see what everyone else sees, he misses some reads, then other times I see he makes terrific throws. His consistency is an issue, yes, but I also fault the design of the offense.

This team wants to run the ball. Well to complement it, it needs a vertical element to make the safeties play off. There was none of that this year. Sanchez may not be the most accurate, but he throws a pretty good deep ball. The Jets have a QB who can win it all but the offense needs to be designed around his strengths, not his weaknesses. Look at the way Denver played this past week. Tebow is the farthest thing from an elite QB, but the coordinator put him in a place to succeed.

I do have a problem with your mentality, you sit here an assume that everything is black and white. Football is so many shades of grey. There are so many factors that go into winning. However you just want to say" well this guy sucks, and that guy is better so lets get them. " It's not that easy. You simplify this in a way that it is not. Coaching has so much to do with how people perform. You say Sparano will have no difference vs Schotty. How the hell do you know. All you know is what you see with your eyes, and that only gives half truths.

Have more faith man. You sound like the guy who has already given up.

Your entire argument is "be irrational or find another team". You do realize that, right?

For all you happy pro Sparano fans for OC, I guarantee I can find a post from you laughing at the dolphins, and how much of a joke Sparono being the coach is, so he comes to the Jets now he is the savior when just weeks ago you all called him a clown, and said he and the dolphins are a joke, well now the Jets offense will be the joke for the 7th year in a row status quo.

And on the Halley front what the hell has he done without a HOF QB Warner, a top 5 WR, Fitzgerald, a top 5 #2 WR Boldin, and a great slot WR in Breaston, you honestly think Sanchez can make the throws Warner did to Holmes, and Kerley? Even in KC, who got fuking demolished at home against the Ravens in the playoffs, the Ravens made their offense look like complete sh*t, and they had a better cast then we have here with Cassel, a healthy Charles, and Dwayne Bowe (better then any WR we have) he also leaves alot to be desired just saying.

There's a slight difference between calling him a savior (which I agree is ridiculous, but I've yet to see anyone go that far) and starting to throw a hissy fit over a hire that hasn't even happened yet and even if it does, has had a grand total of 0 days to evaluate. I know it's crazy but maybe, just maybe, we could actually give it a day or two to see how it works out, rather than making the moronic statement that it is already a downgrade from a guy who was an abysmal failure for 6 years and was making the same idiotic coaching mistakes in week 17 of year 6 as he was in week 1 of year 1 (if not worse).

There's certainly a chance this could end up being a bad decision, but there's little reason to support that now, other than your evaluation of how he did a completely different job that he held for a different team. Looking around the history of this league should tell you there is an endless list of coaches who have been horrendous head coaches (and I don't think Sparano was THAT bad) and yet very successful coordinators. Who knows if that will be the case for Sparano, but his failure at the former proves nothing about the latter. At this point, there's little to really know in how it will work out, other than the incessant need for Jets fans to endlessly complain about everything. Based on your post, the only option that possibly could have made you happy, is if there was a coordinator who had fielded the #1 offense in the league despite having absolute garbage at every single position on the field, because having good players on a good offense apparently means that coach sucks. Don't get me wrong, Sparano is far from the top of my list of candidates I would have liked to see the Jets pursue, and I'm certainly a bit tentative about how this will all work out, but there's a slight difference between that and this complete tantrum of a response that has the Jets apparently doomed because of this decision, despite very little reason to support that stance.

...there's a slight difference between that and this complete tantrum of a response that has the Jets apparently doomed because of this decision, despite very little reason to support that stance.

That this is indicative of Sanchez sticking around and/or more ground and pound derpa derp derp in 2012 is plenty reason to support that stance.

Yes, I'm a miserable douchebag, but I'm holding out hope that Haley is the next hire. I don't want Sparano anywhere near my QB, whoever it is.

I do get a kick out of everyone clamoring for Haley - the guy was a golfer. He graduated up the street from me at UNF because he was a flake at UF and Miami. Never understand other than having a daddy in the biz how this dude got a shot. Dont you have to play the game to coach it?

That this is indicative of Sanchez sticking around and/or more ground and pound derpa derp derp in 2012 is plenty reason to support that stance.

I guess I just disagree with the idea that this says anything about the future of Sanchez. I think the QB situation will be handled the same as it would have been otherwise, if a quality option becomes available they'll make their play, if not then they'll bring in some middle of the road player to come in to compete and push Sanchez. Certainly far from great, but there was little more the Jets were going to do than that regardless of who they hired.

Right. That's the problem. This hire is based on settling than correcting. It's a joke. We'll just revamp the running game! I mean come on. Enough with this already.

I won't disagree with that, I guess the difference is I already had accepted that reality before this hiring. Part of me is still holding out hope, but I also know there's not much of anything available in FA and there's zero chance of the Jets drafting a QB high, so I'm not overly optimistic about it.

I have to imagine that the Dolphins beginning the season in more of a sh*tshow than the way the Jets ended their own season, and the fact that Sparano never lost his locker room, and in addition was able to make Reggie Bush and everydown back and Matt Moore a pretty good QB, has a lot to do with Sparano being hired.

Now, add to that Haley and what he's capable of as an assistant, and that's a pretty nice coaching upgrade.

I won't disagree with that, I guess the difference is I already had accepted that reality before this hiring. Part of me is still holding out hope, but I also know there's not much of anything available in FA and there's zero chance of the Jets drafting a QB high, so I'm not overly optimistic about it.

Not sure how reliable this site's list is:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Chad Henne is a FA, just sayin'

Also have to figure that Orton stays in KC and Cassel gets cut.

Either of those guys could be brought in to push Sanchez. If Manning doesn't happen.

Right. That's the problem. This hire is based on settling than correcting. It's a joke. We'll just revamp the running game! I mean come on. Enough with this already.

The running game could use A LOT of revamping. Let's hope this is a move that moves the needle in that direction.

With Rex Ryan as HC of the NYJ, the Jets are always going to be a run oriented team. Like it or not, that is his slant.

Not sure how reliable this site's list is:

http://www.footballs...freeagents.html

Chad Henne is a FA, just sayin'

Also have to figure that Orton stays in KC and Cassel gets cut.

Either of those guys could be brought in to push Sanchez. If Manning doesn't happen.

Yeah, I said the same thing in the Haley thread. Assuming the Sparano/Haley hiring really does happen, those two are very likely candidates as Sanchez's competition. Certainly don't love those options, but what are you going to do, not exactly a lot of great choices available out there.

Yeah, I said the same thing in the Haley thread. Assuming the Sparano/Haley hiring really does happen, those two are very likely candidates as Sanchez's competition. Certainly don't love those options, but what are you going to do, not exactly a lot of great choices available out there.

No, there aren't... at QB.

The RB and WR free agent pool is rich with studs though. Would love to see Matt Forte, Dwayne Bowe and someone like Robert Meachem added to this offense.

No, there aren't... at QB.

The RB and WR free agent pool is rich with studs though. Would love to see Matt Forte, Dwayne Bowe and someone like Robert Meachem added to this offense.

Well I think the first priority in FA needs to be RT, but I would be happy with a few skill position players (particularly WR) as well. Forte just worries me because these days, big money contracts for RBs never seem to pan out. RBs hardly even make it to 30 in one piece anymore and he's coming off on an injury. The way the league is these days, there's not a ton to justify spending a lot of money on the position. If anything, I would say address a lot of the other positions of need and then look at RB early in the draft.

Thank you

Not to mention the team HE coached had worse offenses then the Jets did the last 3 years how is that for evidence, not to mention he NEEDS a 2nd guy to design his passing plays for him.

I do get a kick out of everyone clamoring for Haley - the guy was a golfer. He graduated up the street from me at UNF because he was a flake at UF and Miami. Never understand other than having a daddy in the biz how this dude got a shot. Dont you have to play the game to coach it?

Bill Belichick.

Archived