Relax on Sanchez, look at Namath's best year.

lostineurope

For all the people ripping a 3rd year QB, with no Running Game and O-Line, relax. He's not Super Man, just good for a Young Gun. Check out Namath's best year and tell me if Sanchez has not at least matched it. Give the man some time to have the game slow down and Schotty's lessons to fade.

I love Joe but he forgets how many BAD GAMES he played. Go check out Youtube and see how much he liked throwing to the other team.

Also, did any of the Young Gun QB's win during the first week of playoffs??? Tebow doesn't count.

Joe Namaths best 3 years by far, 66, 67 and 68... now where does Sanchez stand??

He matches Namath's best year is all!!!

RELAX PEOPLE.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV 1965* 22 NYJ QB 12 13 9 3-5-1 164 340 48.2 2220 18 5.3 15 4.4 62 6.5 5.6 13.5 170.8 68.7 9 1966 23 NYJ QB 12 14 14 5-6-2 232 471 49.3 3379 19 4.0 27 5.7 77 7.2 5.4 14.6 241.4 62.6 4 2 13 1967* 24 NYJ QB 12 14 14 8-5-1 258 491 52.5 4007 26 5.3 28 5.7 75 8.2 6.7 15.5 286.2 73.8 1 2 16 1968*+ 25 NYJ QB 12 14 14 11-3-0 187 380 49.2 3147 15 3.9 17 4.5 87 8.3 7.1 16.8 224.8 72.1 3 3 15

Enough of comparing Namath to Sanchez.

Things are extremely different right now. Sanchez has not lived up to the hype and has regressed throughout his career in NY. It's due or die this season with this clown.

Most stats show that he has progressed, not regressed ---and that's with a team around him that was worse this year than in 2010 - the defense, the offensive line, the backs, the receivers... everyone...

Why not. If the best QB in our history has the same stats and Sanchez has better Play-Off record (No SB, yet), at least get off his back a little.

I'm a Jets Fan but my fellow fans seem to HATE the Team they Love.

1st Call on NY Radio after Sanchez threw 4 TD's....

"Forget the 4 TD's, I want' to talk about the Interception he threw"...

Come on, we won the game and it's still bashing.

If Joe didn't always have an opinion, then I wouldn't even mention him.

We went 8-8. Once upon a time that would be a success. I LOVE that we are now good enough that 8-8 is a travesty.

GO REX!!!

Not the right comparison to make your point. Namath revolutionized the position and if you ever watched him play you would know that he was often, if not always the best football player on the field every time he stepped on the grass. Injuries decimated his career, but he was beyond anything Sanchez could ever be.

I've watched Joe Walsh and some other Great Coaches and Football Guys talk about how gifted Namath was to watch... so I defer to the Professionals.

He was a bit before my time, but I have watched many of his games. I'm convinced he Sold the Soul of The Jets for that SB. Anybody that watched The Jets in the 80's and 90's until Parcells saved our souls probably has thougt the same thing.

I compare Sanchez to Dave Krieg (Seahawks)...

Yup, call me crazy.

He could look like a World Beater one week and be Never Played the Game Before the next. (Sanchez not that bad)

I have seen Sanchez look helpless against the Ravens, Steelers, Green Bay, Sometimes New England... and there is probably one more I'm forgetting.

Here's the point. Ravens, Steelers, Green Bay (keep up in points), NE (Hello, Brady plays for them. Belechick pretty ok with defense) are all elite teams that make other QB's look bad. What I would worry about is 'consistently' losing to the mediocre or bad teams.

Just saying that we have had so much 'potential' in the past and lost a good fight... now we win ugly, but it's a win.

I think if NYC doesn't destroy his confidence we will look back in 2 or 3 years and say, "Can't believe we almost got rid of him". But the same thing almost happened to Eli in year 3.

Most stats show that he has progressed, not regressed ---and that's with a team around him that was worse this year than in 2010 - the defense, the offensive line, the backs, the receivers... everyone...

ypa down, dvoa down , he got worse

this is ridiculous. i never got to see namath play since i'm only 36 years old and he retired when i was 2......but. you are talking about a completely different era of football. the rules were different. the game was different. joe namath, according to experts, was a darn good qb. was he the best? no. will he ever be considered the best? no. comparing sanchez to him is a joke. sanchez is average at best. his accuracy is not very good. his field vision is not very good. his decision making is not all that good. he is average at best.

Let's have some fun????

Any QB NOT NAMED Peyton Manning, and who is available in FA or Trade.

Who do you replace Sanchez with??????

No Chad Henne allowed. Couldn't believe Parcels picked him.

who is available? and honestly...i would bring henne in to compete with sanchez. i don't think sanchez is all that good.

This is off the top of my head.

Jason Campbell - Probably reminds people of Sanchez over the years (potential)

Drew Brees (He'll get a long term contract from Saints)

Kevin Kolb is available. (though I thought he signed a 4 yr deal)

Kyle Orton

I think that each of these QB's has shown what they are capable of over a longer period of time.

I don't see much upside to any (Brees not included).

We could probably trade for a Vince Young, Matt Leinert type of caliber player. (Don't have a strong list of 2nd string QB's in my head)

Let's throw in Henne (by request)

-------------------------------------------

I still see Sanchez with the most potential. With a Harder Nosed Coach and hopefully an improved O-line (I believe this was our original weak link and it spread) and having to being responsible for a poor outing. Things look correctable. Anybody remember when Sanchez got hurt last year and missed some game time, and how incompletent (no energy) we looked with our backups in there??

who is available? and honestly...i would bring henne in to compete with sanchez. i don't think sanchez is all that good.

Drew Brees

Matt Flynn

Alex Smith

Kyle Orton

Jason Campbell

Donovan McNabb

Chris Redman

David Garrard

Chad Henne

Vince Young

Drew Brees Not going anywhere

Matt Flynn Great last game, anyone remember Scott Mitchell? (Though he might actually be good)

Alex Smith San Fran's 7 year version of Mark Sanchez?????

Kyle Orton NO!!!! But I really liked watching him in College.

Jason Campbell NO!!!!

Donovan McNabb Broadcasting or should be.

Chris Redman I remember him at Louisville (Thought he was out of the league, just joking but he's a 34 yr old 3rd

stringer (we have one of those)

David Garrard He's done (Nice guy though)

Chad Henne Parcells always made 1 questionable choice per draft. This is his most famous.

Vince Young If they call Sanchez sensitive and thin skinned. VY wouldn't make it a week.

Thanks for the more complete list.

Drew Brees Not going anywhere

Matt Flynn Scott Mitchell anyone??? He might actually pan out.

Alex Smith SF's 7 year version of Mark Sanchez???

Kyle Orton No arm. But was a great college player.

Jason Campbell The original Sanchize??? POTENTIAL - Talk to any Redskins fan

Donovan McNabb Will be in a Studio.

Chris Redman Remember him at Louisville... but it is 12 years later

David Garrard Way past his prime and was never that good.

Chad Henne He has his fans, I'm not one of them.

Vince Young If Sanchez has thin skin and is sensitive... VY would make it till week 2 in NYC.

I'll keep my young, inconsistent, streaky QB who plays better in the 4th Qtr than the 1st, and hope that he gets the proper guidance.

Don't let the stats fool you. Sanchez has been making the same exact makes since his first regular season game against Houston.

That would mean with a significantly inferior team that his INT's and mistakes would have been compounded and not improved on. Everyone around him was worse... O-line, slow receivers, bad Run Game for 8 games (Seems like S Greene always take half the season to get in shape??? Different legs after week 8 every year) He vastly improved the Red Zone Efficiency (True measure of a QB's potential and skill), best in the league I believe. I think that we would have had a much better year between the 20's if Braylon was there. And he wanted to be here. Never liked the Plaxico move. You didn't see anybody having fun on the sideline this year. Just egos shining.

And if someone could explain why after Braylon left, Sanchez was never allowed to throw the ball more than 14 yards????

That is play calling.

Oh yeah, we had Holmes playing a crossing pattern receiver and Plex was sitting on his butt for 2 years and decided he could play (RedZone Only)...

And who didn't see a bad ending to this line-up????

I'm not about name recognition... I'm about productivity. (Victor Cruz anybody????)

What can I say... you got me. But he is past his prime????? Form would have been better if it was 1984!!!!

For all those that hate\love The Jets... remember what it was like when we didn't have a National Coach.

Don't forget the dark days and appreciate what we have been getting.

Two AFC Championships????

Let's review...

1982 AFC Game (I was 12 years old)

1998 AFC Game (I was 28 years old)

2009\2010 AFC Championship Games followed by 8-8. (That's now people) ---- (Not a losing season)

For the 1st time in 30+ years of routing for this team, we know that it won't take a horrible game with 6 fumbles by the other team to win.

Let's get some perspective people. Looking back, this might be the beginning of The Good Years!!!

The Formatting Screwed Up. This was the point.

Joe Namath best 3 years.

1966 19TD's 27Int

1967 26TD's 28Int

1968 15TD's 17Int

Mark Sanchez

2011 26TD's Pass, 6 Run / 17 Int

Time for Joe to be quiet.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW. Che stronzo!

Enough of comparing Namath to Sanchez.

Things are extremely different right now. Sanchez has not lived up to the hype and has regressed throughout his career in NY. It's due or die this season with this clown.

And thats his fault? Yeah, he put out that hype right. And wtf with this "regressed" word being thrown around all the time. Atleast get a different word. Im getting so tired of seeing it especially since he hasnt regressed.

Sanchez is the 5th QB in NFL history to record 30 wins his first 3 seasons. His attempts have gone up every year, his completions have gone up every year, his completion % has gone up every year, his TD's have gone up every year, he's fumbled less every year though he was hit the most this year, he hasnt matched his all time high in INTs, his QB rating has gone up every year, his total yards have gone up every year and he's played in every game except one which was in his rookie year. He's not the clown here.

And as for his mistakes he's been dealing with the same coordinator that has also been making the same stupid mistakes since 06' so im not surprised. He's gone now so lets see if we can get Haley in to run the passing game and we'll see what your qb is made of. All that "dont let the stats fool you" is a cop out because stats never seem to matter when you're trying to make a point contrary to them.

Like I said, find another word.

Drew Brees is a pipe dream, but I'd give any one of the bold a try if we cant get Manning.

Any of those guys in bold will sit behind sanchez as he'll be the defacto starter...

I also believe with a full camp and some attention paid towards surrounding him with an elite team again, we'll be able to successful hide his flaws for most of the season

Plus we play the NFC west, so there's 3 gimme games right there.. I think it's Manning or Sanchez next year

Please stop with worthless stats,comparing Sanchez to Namath is a joke. I suggest all Jet fans to read todays Daily News sport section Jan.11, that tells you all you need to know how Sanchez's teamates feel about him&the direction of the organization. I've been saying for months that Rex's big mouth is classless&un-professional,and all I hear is he's the best coach in team history. Its obvious that alot of the players also think his act is bullsh*t at this point. What a shock. Rex still thinks he's coaching the 2000 Ravens with a great defense&not much of a QB. You can't win like that anymore. The Patriots,Saints,Packers&Giants have mediocre to bad defenses but could score from anywhere on the field. It's a different game now, Rex still wants to win games 14-10. With that type of mentality the Jets are going to be an also-ran next year&I think the front office realizes that now. The Jets are a rudderless ship now,someone has to take the big-boy wheel&steer it into port. From what I'm hearing from alot of the players,Sanchez is not the one.

Archived