49'ers - Giants Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kills me the most watching this game is that if our team had come out with this kind of intensity last year on defense that these two teams have we would have gone to the Super Bowl. I know the QBs have both made mistakes to help out, but this is so much harder fought for the whole game that last years was.

This is why it's so hard to win a SB with a defense first team, you almost have to play perfect every game. The Jets are what the 49ers aspire to be and it just doesn't work.

They actually would have done just that if not for the ridiculously quick whistle on the fumble at the end of regulation.

Well.. that's it. I feel for Pat Willis and the rest of that 49ers D, they played their asses off for 4 and a half quarters.

Yup. Its tough for those kind of teams when they dont make it. They rarely repeat the same level of success. If they didn't have to run a college style offense because of a crappy QB they would have won today. Niners would be making a big mistake bringing Smith back. He made the two nice throws to nearly win, but he did nothing else.

Archived