49'ers - Giants Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I'll never understand-why did Bradway let Kareen McKenzie walk? WTF was he thinking?

Because apparently it was better to sign Pennington to, at the time, the biggest contract in the NFL than be able to resign all of McKenzie, Ferguson and Abraham, whcih two of three who would still to this day be massive upgrades to the Jets roster.

49ers showing just how important big plays are to an offense. 97% of the time today the offense has been non existant but two plays has then 20 minutes from a Super Bowl. Just so important in the NFL. The fact that we never tried those this year is a big reason our guys didnt make it. I still wish they would explain why it was never attempted this year.

It's so typical of how the jets do business. let's wait to the last possible moment to lock up our decent contributors so we either have to overpay for them or watch them leave.

We haven't seen that Rock Climling Lady commercial enough today. That's really stuff silly white people like, climbing rocks on vacation. Does ANYONE know ANYONE WHO DES THAT? Defy anyone to tell us the lyrics to that song. Just once, FALL!

The Jint's passing is not going to be easy work in these conditions.

49ers showing just how important big plays are to an offense. 97% of the time today the offense has been non existant but two plays has then 20 minutes from a Super Bowl. Just so important in the NFL. The fact that we never tried those this year is a big reason our guys didnt make it. I still wish they would explain why it was never attempted this year.

I think that's the big flaw in fo as well.. big plays are huge

I think that's the big flaw in fo as well.. big plays are huge

Total gamechangers. Smiths 105 yards of bombs to Davis are worth so much more than Elis 100 yards to Cruz. I think one of the things is that alot of the ways of looking at big plays are based more on the old school WCO mentality because it used to be so succesful with San Francisco, Cincy, Green Bay, etc...But that was also an era where good teams dominated the rest of the league. You would just chip away and next thing you know its 20-3. Now the talent level is so comparable that one or two big plays in a game can make all the difference. Its pretty hard to do these super long dink and dunk drives all game long.

Total gamechangers. Smiths 105 yards of bombs to Davis are worth so much more than Elis 100 yards to Cruz. I think one of the things is that alot of the ways of looking at big plays are based more on the old school WCO mentality because it used to be so succesful with San Francisco, Cincy, Green Bay, etc...But that was also an era where good teams dominated the rest of the league. You would just chip away and next thing you know its 20-3. Now the talent level is so comparable that one or two big plays in a game can make all the difference. Its pretty hard to do these super long dink and dunk drives all game long.

And the more plays it takes to get downfield the higher the chance something goes wrong, be it a turnover, a penalty or simply getting stopped. Ground and Pound sounds great, but if you need to get 5+ 1st downs to get anywhere near the endzone, the odds go up something bad will happen, especially if your personnel is subpar.

PLAYCALLING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING.

Archived