49'ers - Giants Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. Its tough for those kind of teams when they dont make it. They rarely repeat the same level of success. If they didn't have to run a college style offense because of a crappy QB they would have won today. Niners would be making a big mistake bringing Smith back. He made the two nice throws to nearly win, but he did nothing else.

I was looking at the bios from their coaching staff. It is amazing how many college coaches they have. Really amazing what they did this year, but like you said getting back there is not guaranteed.

Now Im happy. FU Rex. More embarrassment for that fat a$$ snake oil salesman.

Im rooting for Hiants in SB.

Jets are 0-4 in championship games. Giants are 5-0.

Really should start hiring Giants employees. As many of them as you can. In every capacity.

Yup. Its tough for those kind of teams when they dont make it. They rarely repeat the same level of success. If they didn't have to run a college style offense because of a crappy QB they would have won today. Niners would be making a big mistake bringing Smith back. He made the two nice throws to nearly win, but he did nothing else.

Today was a win-win for Peyton in San Fran

Yeah, if Peyton Manning is healthy he'd be a fool not to go there. They're a good QB away from being scary good.

Sickening. Anyone living amongst Giants fans has to go with the Pats in this one.

Disagree. I could never root for Bellicheat. Expect he will be out to win this one badly as revenge not only for the 18-1 season, but also for the fact that the Maras basically cast him out when they hired Ray Handley because they frowned on him banging the office help.

Youre out of your ****in mind. I wouldnt never root for Ptats unless it directly benefitted the Jets.

This. I'm no Giants fan, but I despise the Pats with every fiber of my being. At this point, the game is already set, so there's no more worrying about who I want to see playing. I'm much happier with the idea of watching the Pats continued postseason failures than anything, and the fact that it would also make a lot of people I'm close with very happy helps too.

Really should start hiring Giants employees. As many of them as you can. In every capacity.

I think the one thing to learn from the Giants is simply hiring experience and then sticking with a coach when you think hes the guy. When you stick with the coach it means you dont have to overhaul your entire roster every few years. Look at us. We went 34 with Parcells. Had to dump a bunch of guys going 43 with Herm. Herm leaves and you have to dump a bunch of guys to go 34 plus you need character guys to fit his mold. Now you dump Mangini and have a roster full of holes because character pretty much means "cant play". Getting rid of Herm and Mangini was the right move. They were bad hires. No real experience other than being a good talker for Herm and Belichicks puppy dog on the other side.

Thats why I hope we keep Rex. Guy is an experienced NFL coach. Hes a good hire and I think can be a good coach. We have a team built for him. You dump him and are stuck with two corner making miliions and millions of dollars that dont fin in with almost any other defensive system at those numbers.

This. I'm no Giants fan, but I despise the Pats with every fiber of my being. At this point, the game is already set, so there's no more worrying about who I want to see playing. I'm much happier with the idea of watching the Pats continued postseason failures than anything, and the fact that it would also make a lot of people I'm close with very happy helps too.

This. I can live with another year of Jints fans breaking my balls if I KNOW Chowds are miserable.

I think the one thing to learn from the Giants is simply hiring experience and then sticking with a coach when you think hes the guy. When you stick with the coach it means you dont have to overhaul your entire roster every few years. Look at us. We went 34 with Parcells. Had to dump a bunch of guys going 43 with Herm. Herm leaves and you have to dump a bunch of guys to go 34 plus you need character guys to fit his mold. Now you dump Mangini and have a roster full of holes because character pretty much means "cant play". Getting rid of Herm and Mangini was the right move. They were bad hires. No real experience other than being a good talker for Herm and Belichicks puppy dog on the other side.

Thats why I hope we keep Rex. Guy is an experienced NFL coach. Hes a good hire and I think can be a good coach. We have a team built for him. You dump him and are stuck with two corner making miliions and millions of dollars that dont fin in with almost any other defensive system at those numbers.

The Giants also have a former scout as GM who somehow plucks inexpensive gems to plug in all over the roster and therefore doesn't panic to overpay older talent like Steve Smith and Kevin Boss.

Archived