Is it possible?

Joe Jets fan

For there to be one topic that a select few posters on here do not mention Sanchez sucks?

Guys, we get it, you think Sanchez sucks. You do not have to beat the rest of the posters over the head with it.

I am not saying he does not suck, ( I am waiting to see how he does with a diffrent OC) I am just saying it gets pretty old pretty quick that I can not read one topic without it turning into a Sanchez sucks topic.

Sanchez sucks.

For there to be one topic that a select few posters on here do not mention Sanchez sucks?

Guys, we get it, you think Sanchez sucks. You do not have to beat the rest of the posters over the head with it.

I am not saying he does not suck, ( I am waiting to see how he does with a diffrent OC) I am just saying it gets pretty old pretty quick that I can not read one topic without it turning into a Sanchez sucks topic.

Look at who says it 3x in the same post. Bloody hypocrite.

How about providing believable, realistic options to replace him?

Any of the following would do:

Matt Flynn

Alex Smith

Kyle Orton

Jason Campbell

Donovan McNabb

Chris Redman (ATL)

Derek Anderson (CAR)

Shaun Hill (DET)

Drew Stanton (DET)

Brady Quinn (DEN)

David Garrard (FA)

Luke McCown (JAC)

Chad Henne (MIA)

Sage Rosenfels (MIA)

David Carr (NYG)

Mark Brunell (NYJ)

Kevin O'Connell (NYJ)

Kyle Boller (OAK)

Vince Young (PHI)

Charlie Batch (PIT)

Dennis Dixon (PIT)

Byron Leftwich (PIT)

Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)

A.J. Feeley (STL)

Josh Johnson (TB)

Rex Grossman (WAS)

Richard Bartel (ARZ) - Restricted

Max Hall (ARZ) - Exclusive Rights

Tyler Palko (KC) - Restricted

Brian Hoyer (NE) - Restricted

Chase Daniel (NO) - Restricted

Any of the following would do:

Matt Flynn

Alex Smith

Kyle Orton

Jason Campbell

Donovan McNabb

Chris Redman (ATL)

Derek Anderson (CAR)

Shaun Hill (DET)

Drew Stanton (DET)

Brady Quinn (DEN)

David Garrard (FA)

Luke McCown (JAC)

Chad Henne (MIA)

Sage Rosenfels (MIA)

David Carr (NYG)

Mark Brunell (NYJ)

Kevin O'Connell (NYJ)

Kyle Boller (OAK)

Vince Young (PHI)

Charlie Batch (PIT)

Dennis Dixon (PIT)

Byron Leftwich (PIT)

Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)

A.J. Feeley (STL)

Josh Johnson (TB)

Rex Grossman (WAS)

Richard Bartel (ARZ) - Restricted

Max Hall (ARZ) - Exclusive Rights

Tyler Palko (KC) - Restricted

Brian Hoyer (NE) - Restricted

Chase Daniel (NO) - Restricted

Ha. Good one. Only Matt Flynn on that list represents a possible upgrade. And he is going to probably cash in which is something the Jets cannot afford.

Sanchez haters are quick to give him the boot but have no plan to replace him at all. Not on that works fiscally and in reality.

Sanchez haters are quick to give him the boot but have no plan to replace him at all.

He got a $20+ million signing bonus 3 years ago to be the # 25 ranked QB statistically. Does it really matter much who we replace him with? We could get a lot of those guys on the list to provide equal production for significantly less financial commitment.

Want my realistic plan? Bring in one of the veterans near the top of that list (Flynn or Orton preferably) to compete with Sanchez in camp. If Mark wins the job, great. If he does well, great. However, if he loses the job at any point in time, then you part ways with Sanchez after the season and find his long-term replacement through the draft.

My unrealistic plan is to get Peyton Manning, but I think we're all resigned to the strong possibility that that will NOT happen.

add Josh "Jamarcus" Freeman to that list (the BUST that many were screaming the Jets should have drafted in 2009) and you still have a list of quarterbacks that, when you look closely at it, should make a Jet fan extremely happy that the Jets have Mark Sanchez and his 31 wins, 22 losses overall record including 4 postseason wins as their quarterback.

Totally agree Joe. Totally agree.

The jury is still out on Mark. He has had some success and has had some failure. What he makes of it the next few years is not pre-determined. I am not writing him off...

He got a $20+ million signing bonus 3 years ago to be the # 25 ranked QB statistically. Does it really matter much who we replace him with? We could get a lot of those guys on the list to provide equal production for significantly less financial commitment.

Want my realistic plan? Bring in one of the veterans near the top of that list (Flynn or Orton preferably) to compete with Sanchez in camp. If Mark wins the job, great. If he does well, great. However, if he loses the job at any point in time, then you part ways with Sanchez after the season and find his long-term replacement through the draft.

My unrealistic plan is to get Peyton Manning, but I think we're all resigned to the strong possibility that that will NOT happen.

Orton would be a good backup. I would be okay with that.

add Josh "Jamarcus" Freeman to that list (the BUST that many were screaming the Jets should have drafted in 2009) and you still have a list of quarterbacks that, when you look closely at it, should make a Jet fan extremely happy that the Jets have Mark Sanchez and his 31 wins, 22 losses overall record including 4 postseason wins as their quarterback.

But he lost that Buffalo game with 4 interceptions years ago lol.

I think Mark is going to be fine. Youth...it take awhile to grow out of it.

Equal production for less money still equals a .500 team.

I agree you have to bring in a back-up that can actually play in games and push him. Flynn and Orton could be starters elsewhere and will look for a place they can actually start.

Fact of the matter is there isn't much out there that could be a potential upgrade, but Sanchez haters keep saying we can't do worse when the fact of the matter is we probably can't do much better given the current situation.

Fact of the matter is there isn't much out there that could be a potential upgrade, but Sanchez haters keep saying we can't do worse when the fact of the matter is we probably can't do much better given the current situation.

Mark Sanchez supporters: "Well, we can't do much better."

Yet you call US the haters. How do you know for sure Flynn/Orton couldn't do a better job than Sanchez?

Mark Sanchez supporters: "Well, we can't do much better."

Yet you call US the haters.

I was against drafting Sanchez in the first place but I don't make personnel decisions. That being said, I'll give him one more season to see if he can progress to where he should be. If not cut bait after next season and start fresh. Probably with a new coach/GM/QB and wallow in ineptitude for another stretch.

Flynn was definitely my favorite route to go for a long time, but I think the Packers pretty much flushed that down the toilet by giving him the nod in Week 17 and then seeing the game he had. Somebody is going to break the bank for him, so if the Jets want to bring him in, they're going to need to decide they're already done with Sanchez. Not to mention, besides even the money, Flynn probably won't have much interest in going to a place where he'd have to fight for a job when I'm sure there will be multiple teams ready to hand him a starting spot.

Archived