Heard on the Fan Jets May be Interested in Chad Henne

Jet27

Yes they are horrible, but Henne would be a nice addition no?

Eh. I like his potential if he gets around the right coaching, but Sparano's already given up on him multiple times. Henne should run to Detroit or Green Bay to back up Stafford or Rodgers for a few years, then try again.

Eh. I like his potential if he gets around the right coaching, but Sparano's already given up on him multiple times. Henne should run to Detroit or Green Bay to back up Stafford or Rodgers for a few years, then try again.

I guess we will have to wait for the draft. I just hope we have a good one....and then some decent FA signings...

Report: Jets ‘A Strong Contender’ To Sign Dolphins QB Chad Henne

March 1, 2012 9:46 AM

Share this 1No comments

Add CBS New York to your Timeline to share with your friends.

chad-henne.jpg?w=300

(credit: Nick Laham/Getty Images)

NEW YORK (WFAN) – Move over, Peyton Manning?

Miami Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne may be the solution instead to New York’s search for a player to push — and possibly pass — Mark Sanchez.

According to FoxSports.com, the Jets are “considered a strong contender” to sign Henne, who reportedly won’t receive a contract offer to stay in Miami before free agency begins on March 13.

“Well, he’s a player under contract to another team,” Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum told WFAN’s Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton Thursday. “What I will say, though, is our position as a whole at quarterback, I think, has a reasonable chance to look different by opening day.”

arton

Sanchez took a step backward in his third year with the Jets. He could use the competition to keep him sharp — and prevent another 8-8 disappointment.

“(Backups) Kevin O’Connell and Mark Brunell are two guys we’re still looking at,” said Tannenbaum. “By the time free agency starts here in another week and a half, we’ll be ready to go.”

Over four seasons with the Dolphins, Henne passed for 7,114 yards, 31 touchdowns and 37 interceptions.

The 2008 second-round pick started only four games for Miami in 2011. A separated shoulder suffered in Week 4 sidelined him for the final 12 games of the season.

Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum told WFAN’s Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton Thursday. “What I will say, though, is our position as a whole at quarterback, I think, has a reasonable chance to look different by opening day.”

Leadership. He haz it.

Tanny was on WFAN this morning and he didnt sound very confident in Sanchez...

Actually a couple of interesting things in that interview.

To parapharse

Braylon Edwards: "Good player, did a lot of good things for us, we'll see how that develops" ( If he wants to come here, we want him)

Chad Henne: "He's under contract, but on the general QB situation, the back up QB's are being reviewed, there will be changes" ( We would like to have Henne to challenge Sanchez)

Any mistakes you made in off season last year? No hesitation, "Dwight Lowery". (Is Lowery free this year? If so I think he's back) Edit: Just checked on Lowery. He's a FA

Is Hunter the Jets starting RT? No hesitation, "Yes". (That Scares the hell out of me)

Actually a couple of interesting things in that interview.

To parapharse

Braylon Edwards: "Good player, did a lot of good things for us, we'll see how that develops" ( If he wants to come here, we want him)

Chad Henne: "He's under contract, but on the general QB situation, the back up QB's are being reviewed, there will be changes" ( We would like to have Henne to challenge Sanchez)

Any mistakes you made in off season last year? No hesitation, "Dwight Lowery". (Is Lowery free this year? If so I think he's back) Edit: Just checked on Lowery. He's a FA

Is Hunter the Jets starting RT? No hesitation, "Yes". (That Scares the hell out of me)

Are the parentheses your take? Or his? Lowery was hands down the worst decision we made last season. Guy balled out in Jax at safety.

Are the parentheses your take? Or his? Lowery was hands down the worst decision we made last season. Guy balled out in Jax at safety.

( My interpretation of Tannenbaum speak) By the way, the questions, and answers are paraphrase

Yeah

Henne's main attribute is a strong arm. If that's gone, Oh well

While I'm not against henne entirely, I wonder why he would want to reunite with Sparano and vice versa. It just seems strange to me

i did not, nor do I now, understand why we ever traded Lowery. I actually believe that no explanation could help me to understand it. Especially with how thin we were at safety. I hope he comes back and we get the compensatory pick for him. That would make me smile... then I would get hungry. Smiling always does that to me.

I heard this on the Fan this morning. Chad Henne on the Jets? Opinions......

I think Chad Henne is a better option than Peyton Manning. He's young, he does have talent, has a rocket arm and could possibly be a solid back-up/Starter if in fact Sanchez doesnt work.

Henne like Sanchez needs development. Chad Henne was in a wildcat offense, and my personal opinion is that these young QB's are being thrown in too quickly. Its like one minute these QB's are garbage because of their numbers and then another minute people talk about how much learning goes into being a QB.

Which one is it? I really think Rich Gannon was correct about QB's no longer being developed. Its like the music industry no longer developing artists. They're just putting out gimmicky stuff (wildcat for a comparison) and no longer investing in artists.

I think Sanchez is better, but I'd like to see Sanchez prove that with another young potential gunning for his spot. That will make the Jets better, not throwing millions to 4 neck surgeries that will be around for a year, two max...and thats if he even considers coming to a team with virtually no right side o-line protection.

I think Chad Henne is a better option than Peyton Manning. He's young, he does have talent, has a rocket arm and could possibly be a solid back-up/Starter if in fact Sanchez doesnt work.

Henne like Sanchez needs development. Chad Henne was in a wildcat offense, and my personal opinion is that these young QB's are being thrown in too quickly. Its like one minute these QB's are garbage because of their numbers and then another minute people talk about how much learning goes into being a QB.

Which one is it? I really think Rich Gannon was correct about QB's no longer being developed. Its like the music industry no longer developing artists. They're just putting out gimmicky stuff (wildcat for a comparison) and no longer investing in artists.

I think Sanchez is better, but I'd like to see Sanchez prove that with another young potential gunning for his spot. That will make the Jets better, not throwing millions to 4 neck surgeries that will be around for a year, two max...and thats if he even considers coming to a team with virtually no right side o-line protection.

I agree with what you say, I mean in my head/heart I would really love to have Sanchez take the next step this year and have a breakout year....he needs some motivation and a push, hopefully Henne may be that guy.....

First Tony Sparano to run the offense and now Chad Henne to possible push and replace Mark Sanchez.....Sad story whats going on in Florham Park. SMH.

I envy the Dolphins. Every year they find a way to maneuvre themselves with a Top 10 or Top 15 pick in the draft. I wonder how they do it ?

Dwight Lowery did not "ball out" last year.

He had 36 tackles 2 int's and 1 fum rec in 13 games played.

Rather go Deon Grant or Brandon Meriwether if you want THOSE numbers.

Archived