We should Have had bounties last year

BornJetsFan1983

Thats how super bowls are won. Damn it.

Seriously big deal, im all for bounties, take player out of the game this isnt "tag", people have pads on. I like the idea where aggression and hitting hard is welcome. And if you dont, go back to canada or whatever stupid county you come from cause this is 'merica and we real football... BAM

Bounties for legal hits...say knocking the wind out of a player. Or, getting a sack/interception...that's cool.

Or anything illegal done to Tom Brady is okay. But otherwise, bounties for dirty plays that purposely violate the safety sanctions of the NFL are immoral and I'm glad our team isn't caught up in that.

Can you imagine the sh*t-storm that would surround Rex, if his big-mouth started losing us draft picks. We would be the Penn State of the NFL.

Child molester, hit bounty not quite on the same page or even in the same book.

Don't get me started...that's not where I was going.

I meant in terms of attracting FAs/new recruits.

The Jets seem to:

1. Constantly ask for restructures.

2. Dishonor their long-term contracts.

3. Try to wiggle out of gauranteed monies.

4. Release the vets, sign up turds

5. Have a dishevled lockerroom.

5. Have a big-mouth coach who puts added pressure on the team.

Can you imagine if we were caught up in a scandal, and started losing draft picks.

The Jets seem to:

Can you imagine if we were caught up in a scandal, and started losing draft picks.

1) Players love restructures, Gives them either more guaranteed money, or more money up front

I have no idea what you are talking about in 2 or 3. Do you have some examples?

4) With the exception of Lowery all the released vets were good moves last year. No body in the league wanted Braylon last year. Smith was way over paid, Shaunn was done.

5 & 5 are probably accurate

The Jets seem to:

2 and 3 are not true. Where did they dishonor terms of a contract? When have they ever not paid money owed/guaranteed?

Seriously big deal, im all for bounties, take player out of the game this isnt "tag", people have pads on. I like the idea where aggression and hitting hard is welcome. And if you dont, go back to canada or whatever stupid county you come from cause this is 'merica and we real football... BAM

This entire post and the premise of this thread is ridiculous... I am thankful that this isn't another thread reporting BS Jets news though, so it is an improvement....

1) Players love restructures, Gives them either more guaranteed money, or more money up front

I have no idea what you are talking about in 2 or 3. Do you have some examples?

4) With the exception of Lowery all the released vets were good moves last year. No body in the league wanted Braylon last year. Smith was way over paid, Shaunn was done.

5 & 5 are probably accurate

It bummed me out to see the Jets release some "good" guys in the past years (Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Jericho Cotchery)

replacing them with McKnight, Plaxico and Mason. Talent notwithstanding and despite injury concerns, I understand the McKnight for Leon.

But letting go of Smith and Cotch when they've been here for so long...swing and a miss. I'm not going to debate Ellis because his play fell off pretty significantly, but he was one of my favorite Jets.

2 and 3 are not true. Where did they dishonor terms of a contract? When have they ever not paid money owed/guaranteed?

I can do my best, though I'm not really a numbers guy so perhaps I have my facts wrong...and my memory isn't what it used to be.

The way I see it they sign a guy for a long-term contract. To make room for some new blood, they will encourage a restructured salary which includes a bonus of some sort ("signing" or easy to reach incentives like "workout" or "weight"). That's fine.

But Tanny has been doing this new thing where the player takes a lower salary this year...for more guaranteed money next year.

But then when the next year comes, they say, we're going to cut you unless you take less money...or, you can orchestrate your own trade.

see: Laverneaus Coles, Bart Scott, and some lineman (who's name I'm forgetting). What happens is the player can either quit football and take the Gauranteed money...or restructure their salary again, thereby making less then the money they were gauanteed.

I'm sure it's the business side of football. But to me it's not right.

It bummed me out to see the Jets release some "good" guys in the past years (Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Jericho Cotchery)

replacing them with McKnight, Plaxico and Mason. Talent notwithstanding and despite injury concerns, I understand the McKnight for Leon.

But letting go of Smith and Cotch when they've been here for so long...swing and a miss. I'm not going to debate Ellis because his play fell off pretty significantly, but he was one of my favorite Jets.

I can do my best, though I'm not really a numbers guy so perhaps I have my facts wrong...and my memory isn't what it used to be.

The way I see it they sign a guy for a long-term contract. To make room for some new blood, they will encourage a restructured salary which includes a bonus of some sort ("signing" or easy to reach incentives like "workout" or "weight"). That's fine.

But Tanny has been doing this new thing where the player takes a lower salary this year...for more guaranteed money next year.

But then when the next year comes, they say, we're going to cut you unless you take less money...or, you can orchestrate your own trade.

see: Laverneaus Coles, Bart Scott, and some lineman (who's name I'm forgetting). What happens is the player can either quit football and take the Gauranteed money...or restructure their salary again, thereby making less then the money they were gauanteed.

I'm sure it's the business side of football. But to me it's not right.

The Jets did not release Leon Washington. He was a RFA (not under a long-term deal) and they traded him for a pick while he was still recovering from a compound leg fracture. I think he was walking not running at the time. Great trade. He has been a total zero as a RB since then.

The Jets did not release Brad Smith. The Bills signed him to an idiotic contract far greater than his value. It would have been asinine to match or beat their offer.

The Jets released Cotchery only after he requested to be released. His discontent stemmed from the Jets demoting him, basically feeling he was not worthy of a starting role. This sentiment was shared by all 31 other teams and he eventually signed on for peanuts to be the Steelers' 4th string WR.

Ellis was not released. The Jets gave him a long-term deal and he played out that entire contract. The Pats offered him $4M or $5M for 2011. The Jets appropriately did not match.

Coles was one of the most despicable players in team history with respect to contracts. Just a miserable prick.

Scott is getting guaranteed money in 2012 in exchange for considerations in 2011. The Jets did not break new ground here. Frankly the worst part about it is he isn't worth half what he's guaranteed this season.

The Jets have made some real bonehead moves, I seriously have no idea what you're talking about with these players. The only one they released was due to the player's own request. And that player sucked overall the prior season, dropping like 20% of the passes thrown his way.

The Jets did not release Leon Washington. He was a RFA (not under a long-term deal) and they traded him for a pick while he was still recovering from a compound leg fracture. I think he was walking not running at the time. Great trade. He has been a total zero as a RB since then.

The Jets did not release Brad Smith. The Bills signed him to an idiotic contract far greater than his value. It would have been asinine to match or beat their offer.

The Jets released Cotchery only after he requested to be released. His discontent stemmed from the Jets demoting him, basically feeling he was not worthy of a starting role. This sentiment was shared by all 31 other teams and he eventually signed on for peanuts to be the Steelers' 4th string WR.

Ellis was not released. The Jets gave him a long-term deal and he played out that entire contract. The Pats offered him $4M or $5M for 2011. The Jets appropriately did not match.

The Jets have made some real bonehead moves, I seriously have no idea what you're talking about with these players. The only one they released was due to the player's own request. And that player sucked overall the prior season, dropping like 20% of the passes thrown his way.

gosh. Glad I didn't mention Thomas Jones.

The point I so aptly failed to make is that the culture of the lockerroom has shifted...and it seems to have stemmed from trading our loyal players for rent-for-hire types.

The point I so aptly failed to make is that the culture of the lockerroom has shifted...and it seems to have stemmed from trading our loyal players for rent-for-hire types.

This is the 2012 NFL. There are no longer "loyal" players, or loyalty to players. it's all about the money, and winning and losing. That's really how it should be

Coles was one of the most despicable players in team history with respect to contracts. Just a miserable prick.

Scott is getting guaranteed money in 2012 in exchange for considerations in 2011. The Jets did not break new ground here. Frankly the worst part about it is he isn't worth half what he's guaranteed this season.

Facts Facts Facts...facts...SNAP

This entire post and the premise of this thread is ridiculous... I am thankful that this isn't another thread reporting BS Jets news though, so it is an improvement....

Maybe you're premise ridiculous, but I am thankful this isn't just another admin making a silly comment though, so it is an improvement...

(fyi with out BS jets news what would we have? just Big C at ESPN)

Keeping sh*tty players out of loyalty is the quickest way to have a sh*tty roster.

Bounties for legal hits...say knocking the wind out of a player. Or, getting a sack/interception...that's cool.

Or anything illegal done to Tom Brady is okay. But otherwise, bounties for dirty plays that purposely violate the safety sanctions of the NFL are immoral and I'm glad our team isn't caught up in that.

Can you imagine the sh*t-storm that would surround Rex, if his big-mouth started losing us draft picks. We would be the Penn State of the NFL.

The whole thing is retarded...I mean, whats the F'ing point of a union and protecting the players with insurance and guaranteed money, etc if you're going to go and try to injury your fellow union members? Carting them off? Really? And there was a lockout?

Players are ******* morons. All the heat is going toward the coaches but the players are just as much at fault.

The whole thing is retarded...I mean, whats the F'ing point of a union and protecting the players with insurance and guaranteed money, etc if you're going to go and try to injury your fellow union members? Carting them off? Really? And there was a lockout?

Players are ******* morons. All the heat is going toward the coaches but the players are just as much at fault.

Who has 2 thumbs (hopefully) and gets it? ^^This guy!

I wish the Jets defense would have bounties for game ending sacks... or turnovers... or not allowing 10-play, 90-second 4th quarter drives to the opponents before halftime or the final buzzer.... yeah.

I wish the Jets defense would have bounties for game ending sacks... or turnovers... or not allowing 10-play, 90-second 4th quarter drives to the opponents before halftime or the final buzzer.... yeah.

In fairness the D was up against God on that one, can't blame them, that guy is good, ask the steelers about it

Archived