You know, I gotta admit, after sleeping on this thing.........

lancemehl

Just pointing out when you contradict yourself.

Interesting that you would call ME the troll

How many posts have I quoted you on? 7? 8?

Get over yourself

haha.. way more then 7 or 8...

And there's no contradiction, as I clearly prefaced in my post "You guys like to go by records around here" ... implication being, I was feeding them the stats they use... go lay in wait for your next opportunity to stick your foot in your mouth

haha.. way more then 7 or 8...

And there's no contradiction, as I clearly prefaced in my post "You guys like to go by records around here" ... implication being, I was feeding them the stats they use... go lay in wait for your next opportunity to stick your foot in your mouth

dont much like foot and mouth jokes around here but you do get points for the burn...

And thier YPA and Rating are nearly identical. Don't use gross stats when Sanchez throws the ball a ton more.. You guys like to go by records around here.. Sanchez was 8-8 and pickign his nose during playoffs, Tebow was 7-3 and whupping up on the Steelers (team that destroyed Sanchez the year prior)/... Sanchez also had the far superior defense in his corner

Tebow > Sanchez

completion percentage isnt gross stats---exactly, he throws like a real QB. Give me a break. Comparing them is a joke.

Tebow lost to the Chiefs in the final week 7-3! haha While Sanchez sent Brady home in the playoffs...meanwhile our "new weapon" got owned by our division rival 45-10. He completed 9 passes and has a 52 rating. Give me a break with this Tebow garbage. The Patriots will gobble him up again. Could you imagine Santonio after that game? lmao

completion percentage isnt gross stats---exactly, he throws like a real QB. Give me a break. Comparing them is a joke.

Thier YPA is the same.. That means that Sanchez is accumulating his whopping 56% completion % on a bunch of short passes, and Tebow is attempting longer passes but missing more.. which is expected. Thier net effectiveness si the same

Further, in 2010, Tebow had a much higher YPA, much higher QBR and his completion % was less then 5% away... (again, with a higher YPA he's attempting longer passes, and completing a smaller %, which is expected)

While I do agree Sanchez is a better passer, you're little green brain prevents you from seeing that it's actually a lot closer then you think (here's a hint: they both suck)

Tebow lost to the Chiefs in the final week 7-3! haha While Sanchez sent Brady home in the playoffs...meanwhile our "new weapon" got owned by our division rival 45-10. He completed 9 passes and has a 52 rating. Give me a break with this Tebow garbage. The Patriots will gobble him up again. Could you imagine Santonio after that game? lmao

Sanchez lost 3 games to close the season and missed the playoffs alltogether, including throwing 3 INT's in a loss to the 5 win Dolphins .... Meanwhile Tebow was busting up the Steelers in the playoffs even throwing a game winning TD (the same team that Sanchez embarressed himself against the year prior)

Tannenbaum = really smart when he uses a #1 pick, a #2 pick, and 2 defensive starters for the privilege of drafting Mark Sanchez, giving him an 8-figure/year rookie contract. He was also really smart when, after a down season for both the player and the team entering year 4, he guaranteed the kid start 2 more years at $20M+ plus a 3-year $40M extension .

Tannenbaum = really dumb when he moves a mid-4th round pick and swaps a 6th for a 7th to acquire Tim Tebow (with 3 years left on his rookie deal at very affordable dollars).

Just trying to see if I have this right.

Tannenbaum = really smart when he uses a #1 pick, a #2 pick, and 2 defensive starters for the privilege of drafting Mark Sanchez, giving him an 8-figure/year rookie contract. He was also really smart when, after a down season for both the player and the team entering year 4, he guaranteed the kid start 2 more years at $20M+ plus a 3-year $40M extension .

Tannenbaum = really dumb when he moves a mid-4th round pick and swaps a 6th for a 7th to acquire Tim Tebow (with 3 years left on his rookie deal at very affordable dollars).

Brah, we like lost 2 AFCC games wit Sanchise... guys elite

Santonio: Damn dude I thought you where bad

Sanchez: As if?

Santonio: Word

C-ya

Tim Tebow is a good kid...nothing but good things to say about the man. Yet douches like you continue your SOJ ways

Oh well

I love Tebow the person. I do. But still can;t for the life of me think why we traded for him other than publicity or binge drinking.

WILD-CAT

it's what Sparano does.

if it wasn't Tebow it would be Ronnie Brown or whoever.

Understood. But what will he do after game one and everybody already seen it? Gonna be a ruff couple years for us. At least I got Friday night with Baby Crusher and Wed. nights with little Sal. Because we are once again entering the period of darkness for the NY Jets.

/hug lancemehl

Since a bunch of you guys like to compare our team to the patsies lets look at the back up qb situation.

PATSIES

Drafted in teh 3rd round a college player who hasnt done anything in the pros to back up their 36 yr old QB. Back up QB will not contribute unless Mr. Bunchden eats a muscle sammich from Laron Landry. I understand that the 3rd round pick cant do anything about not having pro experience but it is what it is.

J E T S JETS JETS JETS

Used a 4th round pick to obtain a back up QB who has nfl experience(and playoff exp) and is expected to come in and contribute right away in Wildcat and other designed plays scripted for him.

How are we so bad?

Thier YPA is the same.. That means that Sanchez is accumulating his whopping 56% completion % on a bunch of short passes, and Tebow is attempting longer passes but missing more.. which is expected. Thier net effectiveness si the same

wow do you think that freak show where he gained 300 yards on four freak completions because the Raiders D got lulled to sleep after his 2- 13 start, throwing one-hoppers lmao that they blew their assignments and allowed for a couple chucks....will never happen again..yeah, that's when he mustered a 125 passer rating going 10 for 21 haha If I thought you were serious I'd continue because it's much more fun (and easy) proving Tebow sucks than it is convincing you that Sanchez is a top 10, though both are true. lol Again, if I thought you gave a crap about the Jets as a football team, I would say to just wait until you watch that dude try to move the ball. haha Go to espn.com and look at some 'play by play' charts for the Broncos last year........."pass by Tebow incomplete.....pass by Tebow incomplete short right.......Tebow up the middle for 1 yard......haha" Have you ever sen the classic, Major League, when the owner wanted the team to lose but they kept winning.....that was John Elway last year. He is on clound f----ing nine right now.

Wild-cat was Dan Henning (sp*) idea I believe... sparano never called plays.

touche (too-shay), my friend.......point is that Tan-a-bum is trying to sell that crap to me like I'm gonna be excited. Wow! We are going to mirror the classic Miami Dolphins 2008 offense!!!!!

hmmmm. yeah, Sperm, a little more complex than that. For the record, I was against the Sanchez draft --- but he won me over by giving me the precious gift of football relevence, in the form of playoff victories in two successful marches to a place I(we/they) had only been once in 30 years. Basically, I had gone on one vacation, a crappy one night cruise to nowhere, and #6 took me to Vegas for a week.....twice.

But, yeah, I think the idiocy is not in the isolated act of trading a fourth rounder....blah blah, as much as it is that act in conjunction with the prior and especially after shoring him up. Sperm, this is not even a football debate. Much in the way this board is now a mess....so will the season be. It's really tht simple...regardless of who should strt and who's vluable and the BS wildcat.....irrelevant. I hope that clears it up for you----Basically, no the second transaction is NOT worse than the first, rather the combination of the two is asinine to degrees I can not even calculate. Got it? Cause I'm here if you have any more questions.

Further, in 2010, Tebow had a much higher YPA, much higher QBR and his completion % was less then 5% away... (again, with a higher YPA he's attempting longer passes, and completing a smaller %, which is expected)

While I do agree Sanchez is a better passer, you're little green brain prevents you from seeing that it's actually a lot closer then you think (here's a hint: they both suck)

"Sanchez was 29th out of 33 quarterbacks with a 33.6 QBR. Tebow was 31st with a 27.2 QBR with the Denver Broncos"

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/40261/qbr-mark-sanchez-vs-tim-tebow

So do you just make sh*t up to prove your point? Just lost any crediblity with me.

"Sanchez was 29th out of 33 quarterbacks with a 33.6 QBR. Tebow was 31st with a 27.2 QBR with the Denver Broncos"

http://espn.go.com/b...ez-vs-tim-tebow

So do you just make sh*t up to prove your point? Just lost any crediblity with me.

Further, in 2010, Tebow had a much higher YPA, much higher QBR

Learn to read you twit... take your respect and shove it up Jif's a$$

And by QBR i meant Quarter Back Rating... I'm not very familiar with ESPN's new system because well, it's ESPN

Archived