Tebow picked NY to become a starter again...

A Jet from Oz

I hear ya, but I'm trying to stay positive. I still hold out hope sanchez turns it around this year so...I'm not very intelligent lol

I'd love nothing more than to be positive about it, and I really, really do hope Sanchez get his crap together and becomes the guy the Jets thought they were getting when they traded up to draft him. Unfortunately, I just haven't seen any evidence that leads me to believe that any of the positive outcomes from this situation are particularly likely to happen.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, he is.. Lol..

Gabbert has 1 year of poor play, Sanchez has 3... You don't think Gabbert has a longer leash?

This. Gabbert may very well actually be the worse QB of the two, but he's also had a lot less chances, something a first round pick, especially at QB, is always going to get plenty of.

I understand, do u understand its never been successful outside of one year and that team was one and done. Plus that coach is calling our plays now.

It all depends on what your metric for success is. You sound as though you expect every wildcat play to net 15 yards. My expectation is about 4. Ground and pound, 4 yards per carry. Its no different than what we did when Thomas Jones had legs, just a slightly different formation. As long as it adds to our overall rushing totals, and time of possession, its a success.

Tebow will leave the Jets a starter. He's an offensive wrinkle and backup/project QB. He's got ca-jones and he's got to use them somewhere because girls don't play with then so it should not surprise anyone that his ultimate goal is to be a starter.

Basically, they got him to be Brad Smith, he has dreams of being a bigger badder Steve Young, and no one is going to crush such a nice and talent dude's dream right off the bat.

There's no point. I don't dispute the fact that I've been acting like a douche, I just know better than to think you haven't been returning the favor. Arguing about that isn't going to get us anywhere, and neither of us are about to change the others mind, so why bother. I'm not the one who felt the need to reignite this today, and I really have no interest in continuing it.

My first comment to you today was to lighten up, and not get all huffy and puffy like you did the other day. It was a post in your own interests. I could have easily trolled you like a lot of these other guys are doing, to keep your blood pressure boiling and keep you sounding off like a buffoon... but I told you to relax instead.

I'm such a horrible, horrible person... with all sorts of agendas!!!!

Go soak your head. Maybe then you'll see that what's really been going on the past couple days... other posters are using you for entertainment, because you are behaving like an a$$, I'm just trying to get you to knock it off and shut up. Save some face.

This. Gabbert may very well actually be the worse QB of the two, but he's also had a lot less chances, something a first round pick, especially at QB, is always going to get plenty of.

If Denver caved in to the pressure from the fans though...how do you think it'd be for the Jags? That team is bad...they start 0-2 and the Tebow fans (which would populate 80%+ of the stadium) would be overpowering. I don't take their management as the type to be strong enough to resist the fans. In New York, there will be more Jets fans than Tebow fans....I think.

With that said, if I have one more little prick come up to me and tell me how he or she is a Jets fan too (had on a Jets hat) and loves Tebow, I'm going to flip. You're a Tebow fan, not a Jets fan. Just like the douches that were New York Favre fans...you couldn't care less about the Jets. Sigh. I actually like Tebow, especially for the role I THINK (and hope) he'll be used in here. It's some of his fans that drive me nuts.

If Denver caved in to the pressure from the fans though...how do you think it'd be for the Jags? That team is bad...they start 0-2 and the Tebow fans (which would populate 80%+ of the stadium) would be overpowering. I don't take their management as the type to be strong enough to resist the fans. In New York, there will be more Jets fans than Tebow fans....I think.

With that said, if I have one more little prick come up to me and tell me how he or she is a Jets fan too (had on a Jets hat) and loves Tebow, I'm going to flip. You're a Tebow fan, not a Jets fan. Just like the douches that were New York Favre fans...you couldn't care less about the Jets. Sigh. I actually like Tebow, especially for the role I THINK (and hope) he'll be used in here. It's some of his fans that drive me nuts.

Hey MAAN you should be happy to see individuals support individuals MAAAN, and not their CORPORATE bosses. #HippieGato

Tebow's not at fault here. He sees Sanchez stunk, thinks he can outplay him and is out to do that. Exactly what we needed ... The issue is the extension.. If Sanchez was not extended, and Tebow came in and exposed him, I'd be thrilled. Same thing with Favre, Favre didn't work out, but I <3 him cause he rid us of the Penningdisease... Problem now is that if Tebow exposes Sanchez, we're left with almost 10% of our cap for next 2 years being devoted to an attractive bench warmer... will make it very difficult to compete

I highly doubt you can find anyone that fits that bill, more likely, we're still whining about the extension

Point taken but the Sanchez extension was granted before we acquired Tebow...if Sanchez fails the stink attaches to Tanny and Rex both...as fans were screwed cause the management doubled down...while they most likely move on to pursue new jobs...which is why I like the Tebow move...in many ways it forces the decision on Sanchez sooner rather than later and as a fan of this team...if Tanny, Rex, and Sanchez fail and need to go I want that to happen as soon as possible...I do not want a repeat of the Pennington era where we saw the management hang on just long enough for us to suck, the next year earn a playoff spot off a weak schedule, then suck, earn another one and done in the playoffs...that cycle sucked donkey balls.

My first comment to you today was to lighten up, and not get all huffy and puffy like you did the other day. It was a post in your own interests. I could have easily trolled you like a lot of these other guys are doing, to keep your blood pressure boiling and keep you sounding off like a buffoon... but I told you to relax instead.

I'm such a horrible, horrible person... with all sorts of agendas!!!!

Go soak your head. Maybe then you'll see that what's really been going on the past couple days... other posters are using you for entertainment, because you are behaving like an a$$, I'm just trying to get you to knock it off and shut up. Save some face.

Actually, there was nothing but discussion on the topic going back and forth in this thread, and you're the one who felt the need to turn it into this fiasco all over again. The truth is you saw that after making a concerted effort to completely avoid the topic yesterday, I dare make a point again today about why I thought Tebow wasn't a good solution for this team, in no way directed towards you, and you got your panties in a bunch over it and decided to start up this nonsense back up which ended two days ago. If you're waiting for me to concede a point I completely disagree with, then you might as well throw me on ignore because it's not going to be happening any time before the product on the field proves me wrong, which would make me more than happy to see.

The man's gettin' to me Gato...

I was just kidding with Tebow...Every sport needs someone/something that's very polarizing to be a part of what's making it interesting...The MLB got Bonds/steroids and the NFL gets some guy who has a visible halo around his head if you get the right shot. That's how I rationalized it in the last 30 seconds on Wake and Bake Friday so...

I don't many QBs that can handle what's about to happen this season. The backup has a huge following and is waaaay more popular than the starter, Denver let him go for a reason and I don't believe they even have a backup behind peyton. seriously I don't know any QB that can handle what's about to happen to this franchise. This season will be a train wreck no doubt in my head

Manning would have handled it just fine...Denver just wanted some return on the former first round pick...we weren't the only team trying to pursue his service...supposedly the Packers, Rams and Jags wanted him as well. Gabbert and Bradford are both not established so they might struggle as might Sanchez. The problems the Jets gave Mark the job that he didn't earn except for beating out a shell-shocked Kellen Clemens. Do you really think Matt Stafford or Matt Ryan would struggle with Tebow as their backup. Please...Sanchez needs to stop posing as a QB and start playing like one. If his pussy hurts because of who is backup is we might as well get rid of him right now. He will never lead us to the Super Bowl.

I was just kidding with Tebow...Every sport needs someone/something that's very polarizing to be a part of what's making it interesting...The MLB got Bonds/steroids and the NFL gets some guy who has a visible halo around his head if you get the right shot. That's how I rationalized it in the last 30 seconds on Wake and Bake Friday so...

Oh no doubt. And lol @ wake and bake Friday

Manning would have handled it just fine...Denver just wanted some return on the former first round pick...we weren't the only team trying to pursue his service...supposedly the Packers, Rams and Jags wanted him as well. Gabbert and Bradford are both not established so they might struggle as might Sanchez. The problems the Jets gave Mark the job that he didn't earn except for beating out a shell-shocked Kellen Clemens. Do you really think Matt Stafford or Matt Ryan would struggle with Tebow as their backup. Please...Sanchez needs to stop posing as a QB and start playing like one. If his pussy hurts because of who is backup is we might as well get rid of him right now. He will never lead us to the Super Bowl.

Other than Manning none of those guys you mentioned plays in NY and the media coverage isn't even close. Also can you name me another backup QB that is as polarizing as Tebow? Who backed up Manning before he won Superbowl? Not trying to be a dick or anything... just honest questions.

So say Sanchez say pulled a Drew Brees and became a good QB after being a garbage QB for his first 3 years. That contract's a pretty nice deal, no? The big guys make 18/19/20 except Rogers, who will probably get that in a year or so.

he was undr contract anyway... All they did was add 1 year in exchange for guarantee on the next 2... it's pointless

But what is so inherently bad about pushing one bad qb with another? Who knows, maybe it'll force our incumbent starter to go from inept to serviceable?? Everyone here wanted someone to push Sanchez, well now we have one. It's obviously not the ideal situation, but at least you know our backup is going to work his a$$ of and do everything he's told to become the starter. Even if he's terrible, i don't see how that's a bad thing.

wow. where do I begin. First off, you don't develop a franchise QB by TRYING to break him. That's dumb. This is NOT healthy competition---Tebow vs. Sanchez--- because Tebow is not on his level. Period. He won going 2-8. He scored 3 points vs. the Chiefs. He went 10-21 with a couple freak blown coverages then came back and completed 9 passes to get bounced. This is A normal NFL offense vs. The Wildcat----something Rex would love. This is whether you want us to follow the Giants example or become the Miami Dolphins 2008---which Rex would love---and so would Woody and Tanbum. Would you? Do you wanna be the Broncos from last year? That's what it's about......and that's in no way ALL it is about. You give your QB REPS. and BTW we HAD competition....because to me beating out Drew Stanton is MUCH more credible than beating out Tebow. He cant lose to Tebow...but normal can lose to Wildcat and Popular--cult fiqure beats out a not so popular guy in the books. So, really. lol This is nonsense. Luckily, those of you who are about football (and that number is dwindling) will be nauseated watching the Tebow offense anyway. TRUST ME! You hated Schotty?

See, BJ, when you watch sports center they only show you the highlights-----the two or three passes he completed----not the other 65% of them that go skipping to the WR like a flat stone. And you only see the handful of rushing plays that score or break for yardage----not most of them that get stuffed. If you remember we had gobbled that crap up all game until that last drive.

Tebow's record is 8-6 Sanchez is 32-22 Tebow is 1-1 in the playoffs, Sanchez is 4-2.

I do agree with your premise---but insert Drew Stanton. If Sanchez doesnt prepare his a$$ off TO BEAT STANTON then he doesn't deserve to be our guy. When you say that with Tebow, you KNOW there is more to it than that simply because Tebow SIMPLY CAN NOT EAT OUT SANCHEZ in a normal B competition. He can't. That's it. I know you must see that, Broadway.

So say Sanchez say pulled a Drew Brees and became a good QB after being a garbage QB for his first 3 years. That contract's a pretty nice deal, no? The big guys make 18/19/20 except Rogers, who will probably get that in a year or so.

Of course, but, it's getting progressively less likely that Sanchez improves. His #1 receiver despises him and his #2 receiver is the diminutive Jeremy Kerley. The team has done nothing to fix the personnel around him. The OC is a run-first guy whose most recent accomplishment was giving up on a young, turnover-prone QB in order to start Chad Pennington. His head coach openly cringes when speaking about him. They just brought in an icon to back him up which, if nothing else, will inspire a fanbase that's already grown comfortable booing Sanchez to now (for the first time) scream for a QB change. Even the most positive Jets fan has to admit that the deck is stacked against Mark this year.

he was undr contract anyway... All they did was add 1 year in exchange for guarantee on the next 2... it's pointless

Good point. That said, if he turned out to be good next year anyway they now get one more year of good QB play at a solid price.

Of course this is banking on him being good so...Lol. I mean he hasn't blown his arm out like Pennington or anything so most of it has to be in the mental and experience department. How many 3rd year QBs don't get a TC? Am I really doing this?

Good point. That said, if he turned out to be good next year anyway they now get one more year of good QB play at a solid price.

Of course this is banking on him being good so...Lol. I mean he hasn't blown his arm out like Pennington or anything so most of it has to be in the mental and experience department. How many 3rd year QBs don't get a TC? Am I really doing this?

if he's good next year they'd be looking to extend him again anyway

Of course, but, it's getting progressively less likely that Sanchez improves. His #1 receiver despises him and his #2 receiver is the diminutive Jeremy Kerley. The team has done nothing to fix the personnel around him. The OC is a run-first guy whose most recent accomplishment was giving up on a young, turnover-prone QB in order to start Chad Pennington. His head coach openly cringes when speaking about him. They just brought in an icon to back him up which, if nothing else, will inspire a fanbase that's already grown comfortable booing Sanchez to now (for the first time) scream for a QB change. Even the most positive Jets fan has to admit that the deck is stacked against Mark this year.

Meh, I'm certain they will draft RB and OL.. Sanchesa is being paid like a legit QB and his primary job will be to not turn it over. The guy behind him is a bad QB and is the most universally panned aquisition I've ever seen... I think you are over estimating how much Ny'ers will embrace him... If Sanchez can just play like Alex smith or Chad Pennington and limit TO's he'll be fine

Other than Manning none of those guys you mentioned plays in NY and the media coverage isn't even close. Also can you name me another backup QB that is as polarizing as Tebow? Who backed up Manning before he won Superbowl? Not trying to be a dick or anything... just honest questions.

Oh, I agree with you that today Tim Tebow may be the most polarizing backup in the NFL...and yes New York is the major media market in the country...still doesn't matter...Mark needs to nut up or move on...Peyton chose to go to Denver even with Tebow on the roster...because he doesn't give a sh*t who the backup is...I understand Mark is not even close to where Peyton is professionally, but at some point in life he had to expect to earn something...if he can't beat out Tebow...how do you expect him to lead us to a Super Bowl? Players get better when their pushed...the Tebow effect will push Mark...its make or break time and I for one look forward to see how he responds...and just FTR, I expect Mark to win this battle and in the end he'll be a better QB because of it.

A freaking men. I don't see how anyone can argue against this, Te-bots aside.

Meh, I'm certain they will draft RB and OL.. Sanchesa is being paid like a legit QB and his primary job will be to not turn it over. The guy behind him is a bad QB and is the most universally panned aquisition I've ever seen... I think you are over estimating how much Ny'ers will embrace him... If Sanchez can just play like Alex smith or Chad Pennington and limit TO's he'll be fine

I was at the Jets-Dolphins game in October. Upper deck. They started booing Sanchez in the first quarter. By the third quarter, when they were blowing the Dolphins out, they were booing every time Sanchez dropped back. Like, loud, nasty, angry, unironic booing.

I'd love nothing more than to be positive about it, and I really, really do hope Sanchez get his crap together and becomes the guy the Jets thought they were getting when they traded up to draft him. Unfortunately, I just haven't seen any evidence that leads me to believe that any of the positive outcomes from this situation are particularly likely to happen.

Right, so BG don't you feel that giving him REPS, and more REPS-----not wasting practice time with some BS defunct gimmick that worked for 9 games.Yes, you give him competition at back up....the same competition Eli had when his job was in jeopardy......the same competition EVERY NFL QB has---a backup----not a distraction.

AND do you know the attitude problems that will cause. Say whatever you want. Rex could give his meaningless guarantees that everything is fine,but you have a lot of 20 something testosterone driven,competitive egos. If I, as a 38 year old fan have done a 180 on Rex Ryan, you think a few of these guys aren't?? We see how AC feels already. We have literally taken a locker room admittedly in disarray and split it right down the middle. ESPN is already running a poll who should start. That would be fine if it were Sanchez or Stanton but with Tebow it's a joke.

People have no idea and to this day refuse to actually look at the stats of the majority of great QBs in their first three years and see how on pace #6 is to being nestled in the top ten spot. And he will do it despite the best efforts of coach and management. (Hysterical, following TWO BACK 2 BACK AFCC -cant say that enough---we were 8-5 lol 8-5 and Sanchez had 21 TD and 11 INT atthe time---WITH a horrible OC, idiot fans, a REB that can't catch, an out of shape has-been and Holmes----the,of course the final three games after admittedly Rex "lost the pulse"--- and YET people are so stuck on their idiocy that they want to use the Miami game as a barometer to gauge his talent and btw it's the only way you could make Tebow look like he's in the same stratosphere.

We can only pray to Tim's God that justice prevails and they WILL have a nice healthy competition. In fact, the "open, big-mouthedness" of the Jets locker room just may serve a purpose here as they will surely let us know what's what, Because IF that happens (and I do believe you truly want THAT, Broadway Joe), then Timmy may finally have his American Idol "football version" dreams squashed once and for all. My faith lies in the fact that when push comes to shove, Jet fans do want to win and the Tim Tebow thing will die very quickly. As much as they think they dislike Sanchez, they will only bear so much of that wildcat crap. In that I believe. Amen.

MAke quick work of this punk, Sanchez.

It's not the people around Sanchez that are the issues. Holmes can play. Keller can catch passes. Kerley can catch passes. Greene/Tebow/McKnight/UDFA/Powell might make for a solid running game, especially if they find a couple of OL. The two Italian offensive coaches they hired are OL/running game guys at their core and they'll find ways to get the yardage that way. I'm not even too worried about that. To get the passing game going they need the QB. I think there's plenty of room to use the OC's conservative nature to help Sanchez grow as a QB. He's basically walking into the season knowing the team will be able to run the ball. Same thing as his first two seasons, except he's got the experience from being past three years now.

Keep in mind that Cavanaugh still has his job to keep Sanchez with the same QB coach, so it's possible that passing wise nothing much is being changed in the playbook.

Also think that they're doing a good job of keeping him out of headlines before the summer, and that's probably not really happening until August.

Archived