Tebow picked NY to become a starter again...

A Jet from Oz

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad Smith averaged almost 6 yards a carry in 2010, Tebow rushed for over 600 yards (5.6 ypc) last year. While I'd prefer having a starting QB I never wanted to remove from the starting lineup, I'm not ready to call the wildcat dead yet.

It still has it's moments, but I guess my point more than anything is it's not a formula for success in the NFL. It's not going to get the Jets any further they've already been, because it's a gimmick that's proven to be a disastrous failures when implemented against the league's top defenses. I guess I have just gotten way past the point of seeing any value in a move that will help for a couple of plays a game but has zero past evidence to suggest it will help on this team's path to a championship.

Certainly not on the sidelines, not time to review film when working on his tan

What jumped out at me last season was when Ed Reed was on the LOS like he was going to Safety blitz and Sanchez never even noticed him. Reed blitzed and caused a turnover. Weeks later in the Pats game in NY, they had a Safety blitz on and Sanchez was oblivious again.

Half the battle is being in the right play.

I hope he does. Why would you want a football player on your team who didn't think that he was good enough to be the starter?? The bottom line is that if Sanchez isn't good enough to keep Tebow from starting, then our season is screwed anyways. Knowing 100% that Tebow is going to work his a$$ off to become that starter and not be out partying with jailbait, should make Sanchez work even harder. If he crumbles under the pressure, then he doesn't deserve to be our QB anyways. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

I don't know about you, but I want a backup quarterback who is content to never play another real snap in the NFL. Not like your Drew Stantons or Chad Hennes or Jason Campbells or any-halfway-competent-QB-in-the-freakin-league.

Give me someone like a 40 year old Mark Brunell!!!

Cause you know Jets fans would be satisfied with that.

The last thing we need is someone lighting a fire under Sanchez. He does his best when he has no competition.

But props to Tebow for recognizing the defense and making the right play.

Would Sanchez have realized that? I have my doubts.

Tebow didn't read the defense. That was called by the OC. That was explained in postgage interviews. Thanks for trying.

@BG -- A QB that could succeed...like Jason Campbell? Someone who wouldn't be the future either, and we NEED to draft another top QB in the next two drafts (probably next year) but likely wouldn't. If Sanchez crumbles under the pressure of Tebow, at least we know he's done and can get to drafting a replacement quicker.

I still don't think he'll start, but meh.

I agree the Jets are likely, barring a complete turnaround by Sanchez this season, in need of putting some serious effort into addressing the QB situation, long term, in the very near future. I just happen to think this trade decreases the likelihood even more of the Jets making a heavy investment at the position. This team has a tendency to be very impressed with their own moves and having multiple players at the position who they've decided they like and have hand picked makes them less likely to be able to admit failure and move on. I just certainly hope I'm wrong there.

No I meant "work" as in become an abject disaster...

what the Broncos did as far as revamping their entire offense was the anomoly. the Jets aren't looking to do that. thanks for answering though.. wanted to be able to throw this back at you a couple weeks into the season when things are looking great.

No, I think it will be a disaster the way the Jets will use him.

Throw it in my face all you want, if by some miracle (LOL) it works. I'll still never regret converting to the Book of Eli.

I don't need to convince myself, or anyone else. That is what separates us in our little disagreement. YOU have been trying to convince everyone that this trade is the football equivalent of eternal damnation, and I was just saying I'm psyched. That's it, I just found it exciting... and you, being an enormous schmuck needed to try to wipe the smile off my face. I just wanted a thread where I could high-five the others that are excited about this move. That's all.

You are trying to create a polarizing enviroment, where we can pick Tebow or Sanchez, but not root for both in different roles. Like in the days where all you guys argued over Pennington daily. Stupid. Pointless arguments.

I never wanted to argue about this. I told you this yesterday. That's why I encapsulated my optimism in a thread of its own. You brought the argument to me. Except... You have no point. Nothing you are whining about is sure to come to fruition, its just fear and paranoia. You have no basis for your fears other than that you are an epic Sally. At least my optimism is rooted in knowing what Tebow and Sparano have done separately. I think Sanchez and Tebow will both thrive in their roles with Sparano. I think he can use them both. I don't think its the calamity that you want us all to believe it is.

So, stop making pretend there was a debate and that you made an actual point, let alone won it. Next time you want to play a game of "get the last word", choose someone else... I'm the LAST person on this site you want to play that with.

Yeah sure, whatever you say.

Tebow scrambled, bought time and threw the ball to the right guy.

That wasnt all designed on the sideline. Tebow made it happen.

No, he didn't. That was a set play. Fox said it in the postgame. No need to make things up, PR37. There's video to prove you dead wrong.

Posted Today, 09:43 AM by BroadwayJoe12

I hope he does. Why would you want a football player on your team who didn't think that he was good enough to be the starter?? The bottom line is that if Sanchez isn't good enough to keep Tebow from starting, then our season is screwed anyways. Knowing 100% that Tebow is going to work his a$$ off to become that starter and not be out partying with jailbait, should make Sanchez work even harder. If he crumbles under the pressure, then he doesn't deserve to be our QB anyways. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

Best post I've read on here in the last 2 days. I agree 100%

This was really creative. First, for him to think Sanchez is in more jeopardy than Blaine Gabbert (WTF?) and second for him to pick New York, then lie in his press conference, claiming he had no influence on the decision, so as to avoid an opportunity to endear himself to New York fans because... uhhhh...

I agree the Jets are likely, barring a complete turnaround by Sanchez this season, in need of putting some serious effort into addressing the QB situation, long term, in the very near future. I just happen to think this trade decreases the likelihood even more of the Jets making a heavy investment at the position. This team has a tendency to be very impressed with their own moves and having multiple players at the position who they've decided they like and have hand picked makes them less likely to be able to admit failure and move on. I just certainly hope I'm wrong there.

I hear ya, but I'm trying to stay positive. I still hold out hope sanchez turns it around this year so...I'm not very intelligent lol

So if Sanchez plays better with tebow as the backup "pushing him"and we take the ball out of sanchez hands 6-8 snaps a game just to run the wildcat and justify the trade? I would never understand this. Those 6-8 snaps a game can very well cost us the game with this offense.

Yeah sure, whatever you say.

What? No diatribe? You finally realize I'm being genuine, and that you've been making a mountain of WAAAAH out of a molehill?

I'm convinced you haven't actually read a word I've written about the Tebow acquisition, other than that I'm happy about it. You just convinced yourself I represented the counterpoint to the argument you wanted to have, and forced the issue. Which is why I've been relatively patient with you. I know you are a good guy, and a good fan. You've just been a doosh to me for 2 days. I'll live.

Just don't kid yourself into thinking I was the bad guy here.

So if Sanchez plays better with tebow as the backup "pushing him"and we take the ball out of sanchez hands 6-8 snaps a game just to run the wildcat and justify the trade? I would never understand this. Those 6-8 snaps a game can very well cost us the game with this offense.

Running the ball with Tebow takes the ball out of Shonn Greene's hands, not Sanchez. You understand the difference between run and pass, no?

What jumped out at me last season was when Ed Reed was on the LOS like he was going to Safety blitz and Sanchez never even noticed him. Reed blitzed and caused a turnover. Weeks later in the Pats game in NY, they had a Safety blitz on and Sanchez was oblivious again.

Half the battle is being in the right play.

Wow you are spot on. Good post for once. Boom. Seriously, Sanchez has all the physical tools, funny to hear anyone saying different. I don't know how it happens or maybe it's just the same idiot but I hear a lot of callers on WFAN saying he's like 5'11. LOL the dude is over 6'2. So anyway yeah I've never really seen a QB who reads defenses worse than Sanchez. That's the problem fwiw. His accuracy issues go with him not feeling comfortable with his decision making imo.

This was really creative. First, for him to think Sanchez is in more jeopardy than Blaine Gabbert (WTF?)

Yes, he is.. Lol..

Gabbert has 1 year of poor play, Sanchez has 3... You don't think Gabbert has a longer leash?

Running the ball with Tebow takes the ball out of Shonn Greene's hands, not Sanchez. You understand the difference between run and pass, no?

I understand, do u understand its never been successful outside of one year and that team was one and done. Plus that coach is calling our plays now.

I could not have said it better myself. This is perfect. The complainers, who were as recently as last week complaing that Sanchez had no competition, are just used to complaining. it's gonna be a season of truth. Where the shrouds get pulled off. If Sanchez can't make it happen with Tebow breathing down his neck then he can't make it.

I could not have said it better myself. This is perfect. The complainers, who were as recently as last week complaing that Sanchez had no competition, are just used to complaining. it's gonna be a season of truth. Where the shrouds get pulled off. If Sanchez can't make it happen with Tebow breathing down his neck then he can't make it.

What? No diatribe? You finally realize I'm being genuine, and that you've been making a mountain of WAAAAH out of a molehill?

I'm convinced you haven't actually read a word I've written about the Tebow acquisition, other than that I'm happy about it. You just convinced yourself I represented the counterpoint to the argument you wanted to have, and forced the issue. Which is why I've been relatively patient with you. I know you are a good guy, and a good fan. You've just been a doosh to me for 2 days. I'll live.

Just don't kid yourself into thinking I was the bad guy here.

There's no point. I don't dispute the fact that I've been acting like a douche, I just know better than to think you haven't been returning the favor. Arguing about that isn't going to get us anywhere, and neither of us are about to change the others mind, so why bother. I'm not the one who felt the need to reignite this today, and I really have no interest in continuing it.

Archived