Tebow picked NY to become a starter again...

A Jet from Oz

Just a fun fact for all--- Mark Sanchez' completion % is >60 when you remove the one debacle/Mangold-less game where he went 11-35, giving a Tebow-like performance. He also has an over 60% in the post season. Now before the geniuses come out shouting, "Wait! That's cheating! You can't just remove a bad game." I will extend you that privelege X 13 with Tim. In other words, I will allow you to discard all but 3 of his games last year to try to come up with a decent number. Pick his best 3! lmao And you wanna know his playoff completion %----when he kicks it into overdrive? lol excuse me......lol.......42% OK stop this is crazy. I finally see the brilliance in setting this clam up for #6. whew

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFL head coaches lie routinely. As do general managers. Tim Tebow doesn't.

if you disagree, prove it. Find 1 instance where Tebow got caught in a false hood. he's not perfect but he's a man of his word, unlike 99.99% of the NFL.

lol are you serious?? Wow. I'll have to find some Florida co-eds for starters. ....haha man of his word.......lol

lol are you serious?? Wow. I'll have to find some Florida co-eds for starters. ....haha man of his word.......lol

good luck with that search.

what I think happened is John Elway doesn't really know how to be an NFL GM and kinda backdoored his way into screwing the Jets out of $2.5 Million.

The whole "Tebow is choosing" story is a deflection of that contract mess and also a small tidbit for the million or so idiots who bought Broncos jerseys last year. If Tim is choosing between NYJ and JAC he's not choosing DEN. It's an active way to put the motivation on Tim to leave Denver.

What possible reasoning would the Broncos have for just making that up?

*slaps forehead*

There you go again with your theatrics! If you stopped acting like a Teenaged Twilight Twat for 5 minutes you'd realize no one is looking to debate the mindset of John Elway with you. A point was simply being made and you decide it's time to turn it into Ross Perot V Bill Clinton.

Take a deep breath and lets have a Folgers moment. I'm trying to be civil in an effort to save you from yourself but if you continue with your hysterics I'll be forced to verbally thrash you. You don't want that, I don't want that, the board certainly doesn't want that.

good luck with that search.

what I think happened is John Elway doesn't really know how to be an NFL GM and kinda backdoored his way into screwing the Jets out of $2.5 Million.

The whole "Tebow is choosing" story is a deflection of that contract mess and also a small tidbit for the million or so idiots who bought Broncos jerseys last year. If Tim is choosing between NYJ and JAC he's not choosing DEN. It's an active way to put the motivation on Tim to leave Denver.

haha Oh yeah....well Sanchez doesn't lie either! I know that for a FACT!

if you disagree, prove it. Find 1 instance where Tebow got caught in a false hood. he's not perfect but he's a man of his word, unlike 99.99% of the NFL.

It's likely a matter of semantics. Tebow may not be lying outright but make no mistake--the dude is as media savvy as you can be. Tebow may not have told Elway he wanted New York, but Tebow's agent may have told Elway New York. Wink. Wink. You know how those Catholics are.

How the hell do u know that tebow doesn't lie? do u know him personally or something?

I dont know him but I was on the field with him several times doing post Senior Bowl practice interviews. I saw how he talked and interacted with people. I also saw him with his teammates on the practice field.

http://draftdaddy.com/images/seniorBowl/tebow2.jpg

the question I should ask all of the Tim Tebow haters is do you know him?

honestly I didn't much like him either until I saw him up close.

Hes a special human being. Like an alien or something. He's better than all of us. He's not going to end up in some sort of scandal. He really believes the stuff he says.

And if you ask me who is more likely to tell a lie, John Fox or Tim Tebow... it's no contest.

fwiw Mark Sanchez also has that kind of charisma, the team is stronger for having both of them around, making the other one better. Sanchez should be the alpha dog even over Tebow. He just has to relax and do his job.

What he said wasn't necessarily a lie.. he said the Broncos had the ultimate say - which is true.

maybe he just chose not to tell the complete truth. who cares anyway.

teams always have the final say. They hardly ever let the players determine where they are traded. that is just so rare.

Statistically that's not the likely scenario. The likely scenario is Tim tebow was told he was a Jet that morning or whatever and that was that. It was confirmed later in the evening.

if we want to examine the statement, the onus is on Elway/Fox to verify their ludicrous account. Tim Tebow said what happens 99% of times to players in trades.

and put it another way if Tebow was such a hot shot that he could determine where he could be traded, he wouldn't be dealt for a friggin 4th rounder.

*slaps forehead*

There you go again with your theatrics! If you stopped acting like a Teenaged Twilight Twat for 5 minutes you'd realize no one is looking to debate the mindset of John Elway with you. A point was simply being made and you decide it's time to turn it into Ross Perot V Bill Clinton.

Take a deep breath and lets have a Folgers moment. I'm trying to be civil in an effort to save you from yourself but if you continue with your hysterics I'll be forced to verbally thrash you. You don't want that, I don't want that, the board certainly doesn't want that.

I don't know what I was thinking, thank you for helping me see the light.

teams always have the final say. They hardly ever let the players determine where they are traded. that is just so rare.

Statistically that's not the likely scenario. The likely scenario is Tim tebow was told he was a Jet that morning or whatever and that was that. It was confirmed later in the evening.

if we want to examine the statement, the onus is on Elway/Fox to verify their ludicrous account. Tim Tebow said what happens 99% of times to players in trades.

and put it another way if Tebow was such a hot shot that he could determine where he could be traded, he wouldn't be dealt for a friggin 4th rounder.

dude I heard a clip of the John Elway interview with a Denver radio station.. he said quite clearly that they were in constant communication with Tim throughout the day and they gave him the choice of Jags or Jets.. He even said the Jags offered slightly more but it was close enough for them to be able to adhere to Tims wishes.

I see no reason why Elway would openly admit that if it weren't true... why say that he turned down a slightly better offer?

Hes a special human being. Like an alien or something. He's better than all of us. He's not going to end up in some sort of scandal. He really believes the stuff he says.

And if you ask me who is more likely to tell a lie, John Fox or Tim Tebow... it's no contest.

fwiw Mark Sanchez also has that kind of charisma, the team is stronger for having both of them around, making the other one better. Sanchez should be the alpha dog even over Tebow. He just has to relax and do his job.

You got all this from admiring him from a far, on what basically is a giant job interview...

very compelling

I dont know him but I was on the field with him several times doing post Senior Bowl practice interviews. I saw how he talked and interacted with people. I also saw him with his teammates on the practice field.

http://draftdaddy.co...Bowl/tebow2.jpg

Ever heard the term, "If it sounds to good to be true it probably is" ? Here's my opinion about Tebow, he's a good football player,great athlete, good person, highly religious. That said, no one is perfect, and even christians have for centuries been accused of being hypocrits, yet Tebow isn't? he's the holiest of all holy's?...But how do we know for sure? It's not that hard to play a part to get your own way, Murderers and Lawyers do it and pull it off regularly in courtroom everyday. Tebow over does the kindness/perfect act to get his way and keep him from failing, his ultimate dream of being a starting QB in the NFL. Just my honest opinion.

Wow you have got to be kidding me. lol

LMAO

the first one will be monday when he says he's excited to be a jet ;-)

I'm just guessing, but applying some logic. elway and fox want to stick it to the jets more than likely because there were some awkward conversations that fateful afternon after the jets twitter geek tweeted while intoxicated, and timmy wants to maintain his image (should I say highly profitable image)

and it's 2 vs 1

he's not a saint, he just plays one on TV

so what gives, are you sober now ?

I dont drink anymore --- not that I won't or can't just don't do it. I do partake in the hippie lettuce often, however that has and had nothing to do with my opinions on this whole fiasco. I stand behind anything I've said on this topic. Of course, I did not keep my promise to leave forever, but come on man....have you ever seen a divorce go that smooth? "I'll never call you again!!!" lol really. How could I possibly stay away from this?

But don't get me wrong, at this moment, the ultimate goal here remains a complete and total separation from this farce. Most likely I'll seek refuge with the G-men until I see how things shake out and get my head together. This ain't easy, Larz.

I dont drink anymore --- not that I won't or can't just don't do it. I do partake in the hippie lettuce often, however that has and had nothing to do with my opinions on this whole fiasco. I stand behind anything I've said on this topic. Of course, I did not keep my promise to leave forever, but come on man....have you ever seen a divorce go that smooth? "I'll never call you again!!!" lol really. How could I possibly stay away from this?

But don't get me wrong, at this moment, the ultimate goal here remains a complete and total separation from this farce. Most likely I'll seek refuge with the G-men until I see how things shake out and get my head together. This ain't easy, Larz.

good god man get a grip

football is entertainment

if the jets ever win a SB, you're not getting a ring

good god man get a grip

football is entertainment

if the jets ever win a SB, you're not getting a ring

I enjoy "discussing Jets football" and I love to point out idiocy when I see it. I guess there's a lot lost in translation with this type of communication.

You be shocked if you know how cool and at peace I really am. lol

From here on out, that's what I'm going with----- he's a tomato can for Sanchez to not only help his confidence and all that, but to cause a backlash to where the locker room and the fans base take his back. I mean, think about it --- there are posters here who are actually pulling for Sanchez now. I also know a couple fans personally that are seriously pissed and do NOT want Tebow as our QB....but even more importantly--- Don't you think Sanchez looks a lt better to Santonio Holmes right now?? And all of this before we even get to see the T man in his 45% action. hmmm. In their wide open environment, you don't think the receivers will come flying to Sanchez' defense when T starts bouncing passes to them?

The only one getting bruised here is Tebow, who has these delusions of being an NFL QB and is feeding them with the freak occurrences of last year. He truly believes he will come here and the locker room will be just like Den with the rookie Wide outs and the hall of fame defensive captain pulling for him and the magical winning streak in dramatic fashion. This is the Jets locker room. lol Really, if you put it in real life terms on your job, you may argue with co-workers but then you unite when the boss' a$$hole prima donna son comes in, getting all the priveleges (media coverage/endorsements/fans) for doing a sub par part time job. Brilliant! Whew, what a relief! Nice move. Unifying this team in that way is definitely worth a 4th and one man's spirit. lol They had me going though, huh crusher?

I been doing lard and bacon bit shots all day and pretty much think this has to be it.; It's kinda perfect if you you hold your breathe while you swallow and enjoy the flavors all at once. They needed to build up their fragile Ken Doll QB after last years debacle and the Peyton Manthing miscue. They tried giving Mark an apology extension but that's not much different then getting a case of botulism riddlled Boston Baked beans after you pick the box instead of door three on "Let's Make A Deal". It's really no different then when Mick Made Rocky fight scrubs instead of Apollo Creed in Rocky 3. They are fixing the fight.

The first time they did it they went with Drew Stanton and quickly realized, "Who the **** is Drew Stanton?" Nobody but Mr. and Mrs Stanton give a **** about Drew Stanton? Sorta like watching girls collegiate soccer, Nobody but the parent care. Well. and pervs like CTM(European unshaven girls soccer) and Tomshane.

So Manning is on his way to Denver to make Elway officially the second ugliest ******* Quarterback to ever play for that team and Timmy Terrific is looking for another team. Teams with no QB don;t want him, nobody wanted him to play QB, Jacksonville ownership wnated him to seel tickets but it ends their. I'm sure he met with the coach and he got the feeling I get when I forget to wear pants before leaving the house. I can;t see under my belly so it happens more than you might think,, little bit uncomfortable, awkward if you will.

So now Rex and Tanny are sitting around looking thru Craigslist for possible AFL coaching jobs as their tenure with the Jets becomes slippery like a bacon binge bowel movement the morning after and WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It hits them,, We need a patsy.

So they make an impulse decision sorta like deciding, "Yeah she has a mustache and a bump under her chin but **** it, it's two o'clock Im fat and ugly and my right wirst is sore." They don;t even read the contract and run to Twitter to start the circus and announce the move. Now Tebow comes in like the second coming and everybody is thinking QB controversy and the mediavstarts building this hype machine that is NY sports.

Come training camp Tebow will go out their with all his tuffness and grit and compete like h has a shot. Sanchez will look like Michael Jordon before baseball next to him. Sanchez throws two pics per practice as usual and Tebow throw 4 of which two don;t count cause they bounced first. So after all the hype Mark beats him out and the stigma and butt hurtness of last year is a distant memory. After all.. He beat out Tebow and won the job fair and square. Confidence restored and mediocrity preserve. Sparano throws 4 option Wildcat plays for Tebow who .makes the most of them and everybody is happy. Superbowl? You betch ya.

But wait, wasn't it just days ago that those trying to defend this move were using the stance that Tebow wasn't brought in to be a real QB and that there would be absolutely no controversy at the position, and the concerns that there would be are baseless? So which is it, is there no concern about an impending mess at the position, or is there going to be a season of controversy, because it can't be both.

Here is how it breaks down for me:

I thought they were getting Tebow to be a Wildcat guy. And anything other than the # 2 QB. Having watched him a lot last year, I am shocked they wanted him to be the backup.

That said, I can't blame him for aspiring to be the starter. I thought the game film would have the Jets thinking differently though.

Archived