Tebow picked NY to become a starter again...

A Jet from Oz

I love the fact that your position has completely changed over the past two days since your original stance has already fallen apart. I'm sorry you have such a great issue with me expressing my opinion on a move with next to no upside. But hey, at least it gives you another chance to turn the topic of conversation into me personally despite me intentionally no longer even addressing any of your posts. Just go ahead and keep convincing yourself what a great stand-up guy you are though.

How has my stance changed? I love the trade. LOVE that Tebow is here. He is the type of character this team full of selfish dooshes needs. Can't wait to see how Sporano uses him. I hope Sanchez steps up as the true QB. I hope Tebow gets 5-10 carries (as a runner) per game. Nothing about what I've been saying has changed. Absolutely nothing.

Nothing about what I wrote to you is "personal" either, you wuss, I just told you to lighten up. You should.

Now what? You going to spend your whole day trying to convince everyone how you can predict gloom and doom, and Ape is a big meanie who told you to lighten up and somehow spin that as a personal attack while calling me idiot, ******* a$$hole and all the other lovely names you slung at me the other day?

You embarrass yourself.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took u to the last game of the season last year to realize that this team was a playoff team. Not surprising, its all sunshine and rainbows. Can't wait to read ur thread about how ur done with this team. I'm hope I'm wrong of course but whatever.

We weren't a playoff team.

I can't win with the people here. Half of you cry about me being too negative, the other half cry about me being sunshine and rainbows? Amazing.

I think a Jason Campbell would've put a lot more pressure on Sanchez, and that Hasselbeck would've been little more than a younger Brunnel. And neither brings the wildcat ground & pound that Tebow brings to the table.

I don't love Tebow by any stretch. I do not see him as a complete QB, and I doubt the Jets do. But he is a viable backup who seems to be able to win games on will alone. That's a commodity. And I do think he puts pressure on Sanchez because they'll be willing to pull Mark for Timmy any time Mark stumbles - but at this stage he's really not a threat to take the starting job. Even if they pulled Mark for a half, I'd expect him to start the following week. Crusher was joking, but this applies pressure on Sanchez without really threatening him. It was a reasonable price, and he'll offer maybe five plays a game of wildcatness as a bonus.

So for a 4th round pick and a modest contract, they've improved the backup QB position, improved the wildcat they would've been running anyway, and put a little added pressure on a struggling starter. I think that's a decent move.

The bolded is the crux of our disagreement, my friend. I'm of the belief that Sanchez will do one of two things: 1. He'll have an epiphany and become Rich Gannon or 2. He'll continue to be erratic and Rex will pull him and that'll be the end of Mark Sanchez. The Campbell/Hasselebeck option exists only in the event of #2 without really limiting #1 to a large degree. If Sanchez sucks, you thank him for his effort and put Campbell in about halfway through the season and that's that. With Tebow, he's going to actively take snaps away from Mark every week, regardless of how Mark's playing. I just can't see how that has any positive impact on his development, especially when 50,000 fans are screaming Tebow's name every time he runs over a DB. I'd also disagree that Rex won't champing at the bit to replace Sanchez if he's costing the Jets games. Rex is in Year Four and he's been treated like a punchline all offseason. I think the Sanchez leash is gonna be shortened.

The success of the wildcat formation ended years ago. Letting Smith go was the smart move by the Jets, and all they did is turn around and trade for his slower replacement who doesn't even contribute as a top notch special teams player, kick returner or (admittedly mediocre) WR. I agree the extension was not a wise move, I think the trade just makes it even dumber.

If Tebow averages 4.0 yards per carry in his role, I will consider him an asset to our running game.

We don't have anyone on our roster right now that has a shot at averaging 4.0 yards per carry from the RB position, in a traditional running game. TBH.

How has my stance changed? I love the trade. LOVE that Tebow is here. He is the type of character this team full of selfish dooshes needs. Can't wait to see how Sporano uses him. I hope Sanchez steps up as the true QB. I hope Tebow gets 5-10 carries (as a runner) per game. Nothing about what I've been saying has changed. Absolutely nothing.

Nothing about what I wrote to you is "personal" either, you wuss, I just told you to lighten up. You should.

Now what? You going to spend your whole day trying to convince everyone how you can predict gloom and doom, and Ape is a big meanie who told you to lighten up and somehow spin that as a personal attack while calling me idiot, ******* a$$hole and all the other lovely names you slung at me the other day?

You embarrass yourself.

You know what, if convincing yourself of all of this makes you feel better about yourself, then have it.

BEST. SEASON. EVER.

I LOL'd.

thud? I probably would've chosen Poof... that poof you heard ...

And of course that's why he came here, everyone on this planet besides Rex, VIllian the Foe, Lance and Smash know that Sanchez is a bad QB... Tebow's got an IQ of like 14 and he figured it out

I LOL'd.

To all the people whining about how the Tebow trade will make Sanchez worry. I think that was the point.

I LOL'd.

If it cost the Jets a 4th round pick, to turn Sanchez into a man. Then its not a waste.

I LOL'd.

The beauty in all this will be that Wayne Hunter will be Tebow's blindside Tackle.

I did not LOL'd.

Has Ecurb declared Tebow>Sanchez>Manning yet?

I LOL'd.

The success of the wildcat formation ended years ago.

Brad Smith averaged almost 6 yards a carry in 2010, Tebow rushed for over 600 yards (5.6 ypc) last year. While I'd prefer having a starting QB I never wanted to remove from the starting lineup, I'm not ready to call the wildcat dead yet.

The bolded is the crux of our disagreement, my friend. I'm of the belief that Sanchez will do one of two things: 1. He'll have an epiphany and become Rich Gannon or 2. He'll continue to be erratic and Rex will pull him and that'll be the end of Mark Sanchez. The Campbell/Hasselebeck option exists only in the event of #2 without really limiting #1 to a large degree. If Sanchez sucks, you thank him for his effort and put Campbell in about halfway through the season and that's that. With Tebow, he's going to actively take snaps away from Mark every week, regardless of how Mark's playing. I just can't see how that has any positive impact on his development, especially when 50,000 fans are screaming Tebow's name every time he runs over a DB. I'd also disagree that Rex won't champing at the bit to replace Sanchez if he's costing the Jets games. Rex is in Year Four and he's been treated like a punchline all offseason. I think the Sanchez leash is gonna be shortened.

Yeah, we disagree. That's cool. I still think Tanny trades away way too many picks.

And the press is doing its best, but I don't really see Tebowmania coming to NY. The biggest problem fans have with Sanchez is his accuracy, and Tebow does not represent any sort of improvement there. I think more NY'ers come to Tebow with a negative opinion of him than probably most parts of the country. He's going to have to win Jet fans over. If Sanchez lets that happen, it was going to happen anyway.

Oh hell... Haven't we seen enough already of the overly emotional over-reactor vs. the I act like a narcissist who's above it all and tell people it's shtick but really it's my own insecurities on display fight?

I may have seen enough if I had any idea what the hell you meant.

You know what, if convincing yourself of all of this makes you feel better about yourself, then have it.

I don't need to convince myself, or anyone else. That is what separates us in our little disagreement. YOU have been trying to convince everyone that this trade is the football equivalent of eternal damnation, and I was just saying I'm psyched. That's it, I just found it exciting... and you, being an enormous schmuck needed to try to wipe the smile off my face. I just wanted a thread where I could high-five the others that are excited about this move. That's all.

You are trying to create a polarizing enviroment, where we can pick Tebow or Sanchez, but not root for both in different roles. Like in the days where all you guys argued over Pennington daily. Stupid. Pointless arguments.

I never wanted to argue about this. I told you this yesterday. That's why I encapsulated my optimism in a thread of its own. You brought the argument to me. Except... You have no point. Nothing you are whining about is sure to come to fruition, its just fear and paranoia. You have no basis for your fears other than that you are an epic Sally. At least my optimism is rooted in knowing what Tebow and Sparano have done separately. I think Sanchez and Tebow will both thrive in their roles with Sparano. I think he can use them both. I don't think its the calamity that you want us all to believe it is.

So, stop making pretend there was a debate and that you made an actual point, let alone won it. Next time you want to play a game of "get the last word", choose someone else... I'm the LAST person on this site you want to play that with.

@BG -- A QB that could succeed...like Jason Campbell? Someone who wouldn't be the future either, and we NEED to draft another top QB in the next two drafts (probably next year) but likely wouldn't. If Sanchez crumbles under the pressure of Tebow, at least we know he's done and can get to drafting a replacement quicker.

I still don't think he'll start, but meh.

Oh hell... Haven't we seen enough already of the overly emotional over-reactor vs. the I act like a narcissist who's above it all and tell people it's shtick but really it's my own insecurities on display fight?

haha.. you know not the can of worms you opened..

:)

I don't need to convince myself, or anyone else. That is what separates us in our little disagreement. YOU have been trying to convince everyone that this trade is the football equivalent of eternal damnation, and I was just saying I'm psyched. That's it, I just found it exciting... and you, being an enormous schmuck needed to try to wipe the smile off my face. I just wanted a thread where I could high-five the others that are excited about this move. That's all.

You are trying to create a polarizing enviroment, where we can pick Tebow or Sanchez, but not root for both in different roles. Like in the days where all you guys argued over Pennington daily. Stupid. Pointless arguments.

I never wanted to argue about this. I told you this yesterday. That's why I encapsulated my optimism in a thread of its own. You brought the argument to me. Except... You have no point. Nothing you are whining about is sure to come to fruition, its just fear and paranoia. You have no basis for your fears other than that you are an epic Sally. At least my optimism is rooted in knowing what Tebow and Sparano have done separately. I think Sanchez and Tebow will both thrive in their roles with Sparano. I think he can use them both. I don't think its the calamity that you want us all to believe it is.

So, stop making pretend there was a debate and that you made an actual point, let alone won it. Next time you want to play a game of "get the last word", choose someone else... I'm the LAST person on this site you want to play that with.

No, that'd be Sharrow. You'll think you got the last word in for 2 or 3 days, then he'll respond and you won't remember what you were talking about.

as a Giant fanatic what are your thoughts on the chances of Tebow being effective in his hybrid role? I've seen some of your normal whining and gloating but haven't seen what you actually think.

In all seriousness, I'm glad I jumped ship when I did. I can't root for a team that has Tebow.

As to whether it will "work" as you mean, successful? No. What happened last year for the Broncos was an anomaly, especially the Steeler game. Big Ben is severly hurt. No Mendenhall, and Dick LeBeau calls the worst game of his professional life. They got burned everytime they called Cover 0, including the game winner by Tebow.

That said, Tebow is a hard worker and if he somehow learns how to properly throw a football, then things might get interesting.

"REPORT: TEBOW THINKS HE CAN BEAT OUT SANCHEZ FOR JETS' QB JOB

By: Simon Samano | NFL.com

Published: March 23, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Mark Sanchez doesn't need this. Mark Sanchez doesn't want this. Mark Sanchez might not be able to handle this.

As if the New York Jets simply trading for Tim Tebow wasn't enough to keep Sanchez strung out, the New York Daily News is reporting that Tebow believes he can beat out Sanchez for the starting quarterback job.

Per a story in Friday's edition of the newspaper : "A major factor in Tebow’s push to come to New York over Jacksonville, his hometown, is that he sees a clear path to resuming his career as a starter, sources tell the Daily News."

That thud you just heard was Sanchez punching a wall.

Look, the Jets can slice it, dice it and spin it any which way they want, but there's no way around it: They have a Category 5 quarterback controversy on their hands. Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan can call Sanchez the starter until they're blue in the face -- nothing's going diffuse the situation.

And if Tebow is gunning for Sanchez's job, not understanding he's the backup ... that definitely ramps up everything to the next level.

Can training camp hurry up and get here already?"

to bad Tebow didnt pick NY the Broncos did and I heard Tebow say as much It was NOT his decision

to bad Tebow didnt pick NY the Broncos did and I heard Tebow say as much It was NOT his decision

Elways confirmed he did....

Tebow lied.. Probably didn't want to hurt feelings in jax... losts of sensitive folks there, see jif for example #1

I told you I'm working on it. Does doctor-patient confidentiality mean nothing to you?

I don't buy it. It's not like Blaine Gabbert is making people take notice of him in J-Ville. He would have a better chance to start down there, it's just that the team sucks.

It was only Gabberts first season last year.

I think he improves alot this season.

Yeah, we disagree. That's cool. I still think Tanny trades away way too many picks.

And the press is doing its best, but I don't really see Tebowmania coming to NY. The biggest problem fans have with Sanchez is his accuracy, and Tebow does not represent any sort of improvement there. I think more NY'ers come to Tebow with a negative opinion of him than probably most parts of the country. He's going to have to win Jet fans over. If Sanchez lets that happen, it was going to happen anyway.

This is why you're my favorite poster of all time.

Elways confirmed he did....

Tebow lied.. Probably didn't want to hurt feelings in jax... losts of sensitive folks there, see jif for example #1

Elway has made a lot of stupid statements this year.......... I believe Tebow. The Broncos wanted him the hell out of town quick to put the media circus on another team .

Best statement by Elway " I played the Friend role with Peyton" ...... So you pretended to Be Peytons friend and then came out and told the world you were in fact pretending thats a good thing.

As to whether it will "work" as you, mean, successful? No. What happened last year for the Broncos was an anomaly, especially the Steeler game. Big Ben is severly hurt. No Mendenhall, and Dick LeBeau calls the worst game of his professional life. They got burned everytime they called Cover 0, including the game winner by Tebow.

That said, Tebow is a hard worker and if he somehow learns how to properly throw a football, then things might get interesting.

No I meant "work" as in become an abject disaster...

what the Broncos did as far as revamping their entire offense was the anomoly. the Jets aren't looking to do that. thanks for answering though.. wanted to be able to throw this back at you a couple weeks into the season when things are looking great.

They got burned everytime they called Cover 0, including the game winner by Tebow.

But props to Tebow for recognizing the defense and making the right play.

Would Sanchez have realized that? I have my doubts.

Bradys deceased QB coach Tom Martinez said that he could correct Tebows throwing motion.

Archived