Tebow picked NY to become a starter again...

A Jet from Oz

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if he's good next year they'd be looking to extend him again anyway

A year later now. They basically did what the Packers did with Rogers in 2008 with their QB situation. Sure, Rogers was actually good, but the same idea is there to buy a couple of extra years of cheaper QB player if he's the real deal...

It's not the people around Sanchez that are the issues. Holmes can play. Keller can catch passes. Kerley can catch passes. Greene/Tebow/McKnight/UDFA/Powell might make for a solid running game, especially if they find a couple of OL. The two Italian offensive coaches they hired are OL/running game guys at their core and they'll find ways to get the yardage that way. I'm not even too worried about that. To get the passing game going they need the QB. I think there's plenty of room to use the OC's conservative nature to help Sanchez grow as a QB. He's basically walking into the season knowing the team will be able to run the ball. Same thing as his first two seasons, except he's got the experience from being past three years now.

Keep in mind that Cavanaugh still has his job to keep Sanchez with the same QB coach, so it's possible that passing wise nothing much is being changed in the playbook.

Also think that they're doing a good job of keeping him out of headlines before the summer, and that's probably not really happening until August.

Hhhh-what?

98% of the Tebow furor is based on Sanchez.

I was at the Jets-Dolphins game in October. Upper deck. They started booing Sanchez in the first quarter. By the third quarter, when they were blowing the Dolphins out, they were booing every time Sanchez dropped back. Like, loud, nasty, angry, unironic booing.

Tebow's not going to make that any worse is my point... i think most Jets fans don't want to see tebow as our fulltime qb, including this one

Tebow's not going to make that any worse is my point... i think most Jets fans don't want to see tebow as our fulltime qb, including this one

Hm. You don't think the generalized anti-Sanchez sentiment will bleed over into a f*ck-it-play-Tebow sentiment?

A year later now. They basically did what the Packers did with Rogers in 2008 with their QB situation. Sure, Rogers was actually good, but the same idea is there to buy a couple of extra years of cheaper QB player if he's the real deal...

It's questionable that it would be a year later.. But more importantly, it's far more likely he tanks then flourishes... so the deal is basically all risk

It's questionable that it would be a year later.. But more importantly, it's far more likely he tanks then flourishes... so the deal is basically all risk

Well if you're going to take risks better do it on a young QB who's had *some* success in the league...even if it's just momentary and minor. It's all about the P word right now for any QB they woulda/coulda/shoulda brought in anyway, even the great Manning. After there's what...Jason Campbell? Ryan Tanehill? Kirk Cousins? Ryan Lindley? Brock Osweiler? Are you feeling inspired?

Hm. You don't think the generalized anti-Sanchez sentiment will bleed over into a f*ck-it-play-Tebow sentiment?

Yeah, eventually.. but, if Jason Campbell was here I and others would be hoping for a legit QB competition and been perfectly fine with Sanchez losing... Tebow will bring extra pressure maybe from the knuckleheads on NFLN but in reality, I think having a QB behind him who can' t play QB very well and seems to be universally despised amongst jets fans isn't a stacked deck

Well if you're going to take risks better do it on a young QB who's had *some* success in the league...even if it's just momentary and minor. It's all about the P word right now for any QB they woulda/coulda/shoulda brought in anyway, even the great Manning.

Well the point is that there was little reason to take this risk.. The risk reward is all out of whack.. If we wanted the cap space there was other moves you could make (like converting his roster bonus to signing bonus), or they could've waited to do it if we needed it ... it was a dumb idea, aimed at coddling their little baby QB some more , which is a dumb idea in and of itself

So say Sanchez say pulled a Drew Brees and became a good QB after being a garbage QB for his first 3 years. That contract's a pretty nice deal, no? The big guys make 18/19/20 except Rogers, who will probably get that in a year or so.

How did he play like garbage in his first three years? Please take a stroll over to pro football reference and compare his first three with some others Please! He already won more playoff games than most will ever win. As a sophmore, he unseated the Patriots in Foxboro. He had 26 TDs 18INT and that was thanks to a disastrous situation at the end. Really, please. Please show me a QB that had a better first three years than 12 TDs to 17 TDs to 26 TDs ( or 55TD-51INT total)-- 12 rushing TDs-- 32-22- 4-2 playoffs-- 12 game winning drives----Rodgers has 6 career. Just simply check it out for yourself, please...before you start with the garbage comments. Tebow on the other hand, completes 45% of his passes, he is garbage.

It's cool, because the beautiful thing to all this is that you can clown me, put up funny gifs, say #6 blows and Tebow's great and I'm a dick and all that, BUT come september it will right there for all to see.........AND I will be here for all of it.....selling tickets to the bandwagon. It's that simple.

Well the point is that there was little reason to take this risk.. The risk reward is all out of whack.. If we wanted the cap space there was other moves you could make (like converting his roster bonus to signing bonus), or they could've waited to do it if we needed it ... it was a dumb idea, aimed at coddling their little baby QB some more , which is a dumb idea in and of itself

Meh, QBs are c-words anyway. Plus the whole Tebow thing says that they're willing to go in a different direction if they have to.

Plenty of reason when you're taking the risk on a young QB. Half the game for these GMs out there is to find the QB.

Of course, but, it's getting progressively less likely that Sanchez improves. His #1 receiver despises him and his #2 receiver is the diminutive Jeremy Kerley. The team has done nothing to fix the personnel around him. The OC is a run-first guy whose most recent accomplishment was giving up on a young, turnover-prone QB in order to start Chad Pennington. His head coach openly cringes when speaking about him. They just brought in an icon to back him up which, if nothing else, will inspire a fanbase that's already grown comfortable booing Sanchez to now (for the first time) scream for a QB change. Even the most positive Jets fan has to admit that the deck is stacked against Mark this year.

Tom, I have to say, you are absolutely correct. There is no doubt that, going back to last offseason, they have done NOTHING to help him be as good as he can be. Period. Since 2009 season they have done NOTHING transaction-wise that would help. Can you point to ONE move? One weapon that they acquired? And please don't tell me Plaxico Burress, I'll choke. That was a Tan-a-bum special, bargain buy, that he used to trick the idioso fan base into thinking it was OK to dump 3200 yards and 25 TDs of production from the team. If a Brad Smith-guy was so valuable--why not get another Brad Smith. The logic of "let's see if Sanchez cracks" is so incredibly stupid I cant even believe it. To your point, there is no one here who believes Sanchez is a very good NFL QB more than me---yet, I have serious doubts about him being able to handle this. No QB should have to. I am not sure that POS Rex Ryan understands that he just ****ED "HIS GUY" right up the a$$. He's either an idiot or a douchbag. How do you look at Kyle Orton's story last year and then say--I wanna do that to my guy? Regardless of how he responds, his coach ****ed him.

wow. where do I begin. First off, you don't develop a franchise QB by TRYING to break him. That's dumb. This is NOT healthy competition---Tebow vs. Sanchez--- because Tebow is not on his level. Period. He won going 2-8. He scored 3 points vs. the Chiefs. He went 10-21 with a couple freak blown coverages then came back and completed 9 passes to get bounced. This is A normal NFL offense vs. The Wildcat----something Rex would love. This is whether you want us to follow the Giants example or become the Miami Dolphins 2008---which Rex would love---and so would Woody and Tanbum. Would you? Do you wanna be the Broncos from last year? That's what it's about......and that's in no way ALL it is about. You give your QB REPS. and BTW we HAD competition....because to me beating out Drew Stanton is MUCH more credible than beating out Tebow. He cant lose to Tebow...but normal can lose to Wildcat and Popular--cult fiqure beats out a not so popular guy in the books. So, really. lol This is nonsense. Luckily, those of you who are about football (and that number is dwindling) will be nauseated watching the Tebow offense anyway. TRUST ME! You hated Schotty?

See, BJ, when you watch sports center they only show you the highlights-----the two or three passes he completed----not the other 65% of them that go skipping to the WR like a flat stone. And you only see the handful of rushing plays that score or break for yardage----not most of them that get stuffed. If you remember we had gobbled that crap up all game until that last drive.

Tebow's record is 8-6 Sanchez is 32-22 Tebow is 1-1 in the playoffs, Sanchez is 4-2.

I do agree with your premise---but insert Drew Stanton. If Sanchez doesnt prepare his a$$ off TO BEAT STANTON then he doesn't deserve to be our guy. When you say that with Tebow, you KNOW there is more to it than that simply because Tebow SIMPLY CAN NOT EAT OUT SANCHEZ in a normal B competition. He can't. That's it. I know you must see that, Broadway.

I read it all. The effort was certainly there in the response. However, this will most certainly be my take away from the rant.

Tom, I have to say, you are absolutely correct. There is no doubt that, going back to last offseason, they have done NOTHING to help him be as good as he can be. Period. Since 2009 season they have done NOTHING transaction-wise that would help. Can you point to ONE move? One weapon that they acquired? And please don't tell me Plaxico Burress, I'll choke. That was a Tan-a-bum special, bargain buy, that he used to trick the idioso fan base into thinking it was OK to dump 3200 yards and 25 TDs of production from the team. If a Brad Smith-guy was so valuable--why not get another Brad Smith. The logic of "let's see if Sanchez cracks" is so incredibly stupid I cant even believe it. To your point, there is no one here who believes Sanchez is a very good NFL QB more than me---yet, I have serious doubts about him being able to handle this. No QB should have to. I am not sure that POS Rex Ryan understands that he just ****ED "HIS GUY" right up the a$$. He's either an idiot or a douchbag. How do you look at Kyle Orton's story last year and then say--I wanna do that to my guy? Regardless of how he responds, his coach ****ed him.

I agree with you. How do you not at least get Sanchez a big TE that he can dump it off to? Instead, they go out and get him down-the-field receivers and wonder why his accuracy went to hell.

im too lazy to read 10 pages but it should be noted that Tebow said in the conf call, he didn't actually get a choice in the matter. the Broncos had all the power.

he chose the jets per Elway and Fox.. he was just trying to be diplomatic about it so as not to offend the J-Ville population.

Hey I just had a bacon induced thought. Is it possible they brought Tebow in to boost Marks confidence? Tebow may be the only other starter in the league Sanchez could possibly try to beat out. Maybe Mark thrashes him in training camp and go's into the season brimming with confidence and swagger? Brilliant?

This is genius. I highly doubt they were smart enough to do it on purpose but it actually might work out for them.

Well I think it should be rather apparent at this point, that's just what I do. I'm not sure what Ape's excuse is.

Yeah, I know. I usually skim your posts to get the general theme and wait for the much shorter responses to your posts from others to get the specifics. Ape screwed that up for me.

Actually, there was nothing but discussion on the topic going back and forth in this thread, and you're the one who felt the need to turn it into this fiasco all over again. The truth is you saw that after making a concerted effort to completely avoid the topic yesterday, I dare make a point again today about why I thought Tebow wasn't a good solution for this team, in no way directed towards you, and you got your panties in a bunch over it and decided to start up this nonsense back up which ended two days ago. If you're waiting for me to concede a point I completely disagree with, then you might as well throw me on ignore because it's not going to be happening any time before the product on the field proves me wrong, which would make me more than happy to see.

Actually BG, I don't want you to concede a point. That's what you can't get through your block head. You are entitled to your opinion. Just don't force it down my throat because you are in the mood to bicker.

You are too stupid to wrap your pea brain around difference between one guy trying to be positive in his outlook, while another is hell-bent on proving people wrong because he's pissed off at the world. There is NO right or wrong until we see what happens. So your "debate" is futility at its finest. You are arguing, while I'm responding by tell you there's no point to this discussion. Moron. Until we see results/failure there is just optimism, and apparently crying about it like a bitch.

I thought I was protecting you from yourself, as a mafia game pal. I should have trolled you like everyone else was doing while you were manic, and baited you right into a ban, you block head.

Yeah, I know. I usually skim your posts to get the general theme and wait for the much shorter responses to your posts from others to get the specifics. Ape screwed that up for me.

Yeah, my bad. I like BG, I've been extending him the courtesy of trying to be genuine with him, while he acts like a manic twat.

Should have just reported all the personal attacks, then lol'ed with the rest of you at his meltdown getting him banned. Ah, hindsight.

(again having the quoting probs...but)

This is probably an endorsement you'd rather not have, (.....strange bedfellows, what can I say) but I wholeheartedly agree with TOm Shane and The Crusher on all of this, while Slats (in response to TS) has made the most optimistic post so far. Thanks for that. I agree. When Sanchez got here he was all the rage and even took us rite there twice...only to be demonized....and why? Inaccuracy and an overall lack-luster offense. For all my criticism of the NY sports fan, I do believe they will not fall for the crap. Basically, I do see the angle where the same Sanchez lynch-mob may come down on Tebow------ while inadvertently elevating Sanchez. If that were the case---- an attitude of "Oh yeah, you think Mark sucks?......." Perhaps to save my relationship, I will tell myself that is the motive behind RR. Thanks Slats

People need to realise Sanchez will be a better QB now that Schotty's horrid play calling is behind us. He never put Mark in a good situation to succeed. Hope Sparano knows a little bit more on how to cater to a young QB.

No, no, no he's just a baaaaaaackup. He's going to helllllllllllp Mark. He's only gonna play two or three snaps a gaaaaaaaaaaaame. Ignore the man behind the curtain!

LMAO Your best post ever.

Its comical the amount of people who actually thought Tebow was going to simply be a backup. The drama has already started, and we havent even got to the draft yet. Cant wait to see how Holmes melts down this season with this new sideshow going on.

Hey I just had a bacon induced thought. Is it possible they brought Tebow in to boost Marks confidence? Tebow may be the only other starter in the league Sanchez could possibly try to beat out. Maybe Mark thrashes him in training camp and go's into the season brimming with confidence and swagger? Brilliant?

From here on out, that's what I'm going with----- he's a tomato can for Sanchez to not only help his confidence and all that, but to cause a backlash to where the locker room and the fans base take his back. I mean, think about it --- there are posters here who are actually pulling for Sanchez now. I also know a couple fans personally that are seriously pissed and do NOT want Tebow as our QB....but even more importantly--- Don't you think Sanchez looks a lt better to Santonio Holmes right now?? And all of this before we even get to see the T man in his 45% action. hmmm. In their wide open environment, you don't think the receivers will come flying to Sanchez' defense when T starts bouncing passes to them?

The only one getting bruised here is Tebow, who has these delusions of being an NFL QB and is feeding them with the freak occurrences of last year. He truly believes he will come here and the locker room will be just like Den with the rookie Wide outs and the hall of fame defensive captain pulling for him and the magical winning streak in dramatic fashion. This is the Jets locker room. lol Really, if you put it in real life terms on your job, you may argue with co-workers but then you unite when the boss' a$$hole prima donna son comes in, getting all the priveleges (media coverage/endorsements/fans) for doing a sub par part time job. Brilliant! Whew, what a relief! Nice move. Unifying this team in that way is definitely worth a 4th and one man's spirit. lol They had me going though, huh crusher?

Actually BG, I don't want you to concede a point. That's what you can't get through your block head. You are entitled to your opinion. Just don't force it down my throat because you are in the mood to bicker.

You are too stupid to wrap your pea brain around difference between one guy trying to be positive in his outlook, while another is hell-bent on proving people wrong because he's pissed off at the world. There is NO right or wrong until we see what happens. So your "debate" is futility at its finest. You are arguing, while I'm responding by tell you there's no point to this discussion. Moron. Until we see results/failure there is just optimism, and apparently crying about it like a bitch.

I thought I was protecting you from yourself, as a mafia game pal. I should have trolled you like everyone else was doing while you were manic, and baited you right into a ban, you block head.

Who exactly has baited me into anything, considering I've had no issues with anyone else in this thread but rather was debating a football topic prior to your arrival in it? Meanwhile you continue to make a concerted effort to try draw me into nonsensical bickering that stopped being about the topic at hand long ago. That's only further driven home by the fact that two days after this whole thing had died off, and while I was making posts that not one of which was directed towards you (and intentionally so), you've gone on a tirade of posts that's sole theme has been directed at me, and not the topic. Try to twist it any way you want, but you're the one who came after me today and have been the only one of us taking any shots this time around, and that's not even a point of debate anymore. You can say whatever you want about what your intent was when this all started, but that doesn't really hold any water as an excuse anymore when you're the one dragging this back up two days after it died off.

Yeah, my bad. I like BG, I've been extending him the courtesy of trying to be genuine with him, while he acts like a manic twat.

Should have just reported all the personal attacks, then lol'ed with the rest of you at his meltdown getting him banned. Ah, hindsight.

You're completely delusional.

im too lazy to read 10 pages but it should be noted that Tebow said in the conf call, he didn't actually get a choice in the matter. the Broncos had all the power.

fwiw

john fox declared in no uncertain terms that tebow was asked, and given the chance. one of them is full of it. I'm guessing tebow cuz he doesn't want to rock the boat.

fwiw

john fox declared in no uncertain terms that tebow was asked, and given the chance. one of them is full of it. I'm guessing tebow cuz he doesn't want to rock the boat.

NFL head coaches lie routinely. As do general managers. Tim Tebow doesn't.

if you disagree, prove it. Find 1 instance where Tebow got caught in a false hood. he's not perfect but he's a man of his word, unlike 99.99% of the NFL.

Archived