Tebow picked NY to become a starter again...

A Jet from Oz

"REPORT: TEBOW THINKS HE CAN BEAT OUT SANCHEZ FOR JETS' QB JOB

By: Simon Samano | NFL.com

Published: March 23, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Mark Sanchez doesn't need this. Mark Sanchez doesn't want this. Mark Sanchez might not be able to handle this.

As if the New York Jets simply trading for Tim Tebow wasn't enough to keep Sanchez strung out, the New York Daily News is reporting that Tebow believes he can beat out Sanchez for the starting quarterback job.

Per a story in Friday's edition of the newspaper : "A major factor in Tebow’s push to come to New York over Jacksonville, his hometown, is that he sees a clear path to resuming his career as a starter, sources tell the Daily News."

That thud you just heard was Sanchez punching a wall.

Look, the Jets can slice it, dice it and spin it any which way they want, but there's no way around it: They have a Category 5 quarterback controversy on their hands. Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan can call Sanchez the starter until they're blue in the face -- nothing's going diffuse the situation.

And if Tebow is gunning for Sanchez's job, not understanding he's the backup ... that definitely ramps up everything to the next level.

Can training camp hurry up and get here already?"

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thud? I probably would've chosen Poof... that poof you heard ...

And of course that's why he came here, everyone on this planet besides Rex, VIllian the Foe, Lance and Smash know that Sanchez is a bad QB... Tebow's got an IQ of like 14 and he figured it out

As much as some people have been desperately trying to convince themselves of otherwise, this has been blatantly obvious from the second it happened. The Jets literally gave themselves the single worst QB situation imaginable. They're a team now sporting the league's two worst QBs, the crappy starter being locked in for at least 2 more years and the even worse backup who guarantees controversy at the position at all times. And if that wasn't good enough, all of this only increases the odds that it will be even longer before the team makes a concerted effort to find themselves a new QB who they think can be their franchise guy.

I hope he does. Why would you want a football player on your team who didn't think that he was good enough to be the starter?? The bottom line is that if Sanchez isn't good enough to keep Tebow from starting, then our season is screwed anyways. Knowing 100% that Tebow is going to work his a$$ off to become that starter and not be out partying with jailbait, should make Sanchez work even harder. If he crumbles under the pressure, then he doesn't deserve to be our QB anyways. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

I don't buy it. It's not like Blaine Gabbert is making people take notice of him in J-Ville. He would have a better chance to start down there, it's just that the team sucks.

Sanchez has 3 years of suckage on his resume.. Gabbert was drafted high enough that he'll get a similiar leash..

I had breifly considered maybe he wants to win a SB, but don't think that's it.. Also could be that he knows Jax will always take him, so that might be where he goes when he hits rock bottom

As much as some people have been desperately trying to convince themselves of otherwise, this has been blatantly obvious from the second it happened. The Jets literally gave themselves the single worst QB situation imaginable. They're a team now sporting the league's two worst QBs, the crappy starter being locked in for at least 2 more years and the even worse backup who guarantees controversy at the position at all times. And if that wasn't good enough, all of this only increases the odds that it will be even longer before the team makes a concerted effort to find themselves a new QB who they think can be their franchise guy.

But what is so inherently bad about pushing one bad qb with another? Who knows, maybe it'll force our incumbent starter to go from inept to serviceable?? Everyone here wanted someone to push Sanchez, well now we have one. It's obviously not the ideal situation, but at least you know our backup is going to work his a$$ of and do everything he's told to become the starter. Even if he's terrible, i don't see how that's a bad thing.

I hope he does. Why would you want a football player on your team who didn't think that he was good enough to be the starter?? The bottom line is that if Sanchez isn't good enough to keep Tebow from starting, then our season is screwed anyways. Knowing 100% that Tebow is going to work his a$$ off to become that starter and not be out partying with jailbait, should make Sanchez work even harder. If he crumbles under the pressure, then he doesn't deserve to be our QB anyways. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

This.

Straight dropping logic.

You are wise, Sir.

If Sanchez is really that nervous about Tebow, then he's worse than all of us thought.

But what is so inherently bad about pushing one bad qb with another? Who knows, maybe it'll force our incumbent starter to go from inept to serviceable?? Everyone here wanted someone to push Sanchez, well now we have one. It's obviously not the ideal situation, but at least you know our backup is going to work his a$$ of and do everything he's told to become the starter. Even if he's terrible, i don't see how that's a bad thing.

It's not really inherently bad, with the exception of the fact that they extended Sanchez and locked in 10.5M of cap spend the next two seasons, whether he's on the team or not. So, if Sanchez crumbles from the pressure and can't even be effective come game 1.. We're on the hook for all that money and cap space regardless..

The two moves combined were amazingly dumb, and unless Sanchez turns it around (a real long shot) .. heads are going to roll

Because there is absolutely no reward involved in the situation. Regardless of the outcome, you are not getting yourself a good QB. All you're really doing is guaranteeing failure at the position, creating controversy and creating even more confusion of the long term prospects at the position. With these two clowns both already all but guaranteed to be on the roster next year, you have to know the chances of them making a run at a new franchise player at the position, be it through FA or the draft, just went flushing down the toilet. This spineless team has shown for years they don't have what it takes to move on from their QB, regardless of the level of failure, do you really believe they'll actually have the balls to move on from two at the same time? Of course not, which just means more seasons that this team is all but certain to go absolutely nowhere, outside of the Jets getting lucky as hell and Sanchez coming out of the gate this season with an MVP-caliber season and never looking back.

I doubt the Jets, under the current regime make another "concerted effort to find" a new franchise QB. Rex knows the defense and does not understand or care to understand how the offensive system develop. He seems to expect the O-coordinator to handle his job as well as Rex does on the D-side. He will keep changing the mix until they either hit on a good coordinator or a good QB. But it will not happen by design. Don't see this changing until we get a new regime.

It's not really inherently bad, with the exception of the fact that they extended Sanchez and locked in 10.5M of cap spend the next two seasons, whether he's on the team or not. So, if Sanchez crumbles from the pressure and can't even be effective come game 1.. We're on the hook for all that money and cap space regardless..

The two moves combined were amazingly dumb, and unless Sanchez turns it around (a real long shot) .. heads are going to roll

That's unfortunately true. But I'd at least prefer a backup who wants the starting job, as opposed to a player who's sole intentions are to be a backup and collect a paycheck. Not a ringing endorsement, but I do feel better about our backup quarterback situation now, than I did when we signed Stanton.

Straight dropping logic.

You are wise, Sir.

If Sanchez is really that nervous about Tebow, then he's worse than all of us thought.

Never in my life would I have thought I'd have to defend Tebow in any way, shape or form. I should have to turn in my LSU fan card right now. But seriously, do you think any of these "journalists" sit back at the end of the day, look at their work and just weep??

...and the sooner we learn this the better. If we are going to have a change I want this to happen sooner than later.

Co-sign.

It's still Sanchez's job to lose. Calling it a category 5 QB controversey is just BS hyperbole. The Jets are going to do everything in their power to help Sanchez to succeed. They did just give him a contract extension (I think I heard that!).

But you want a backup QB who's hungry. Clemens was already defeated when Sanchez got here, and Brunnel was brought in as an additional coach. For the first time, Sanchez is getting pressed for the starting job. He does have to look over his shoulder. If he falters, the Jets now have someone who can go in and and run a set of plays designed for him.

It's all on Mark. If he grows up and into the Job, the Jets win. If not, at least they have a QB worth giving a look to on the roster.

Oh noez....a competitive QB wants to be a starter???

THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER!!!!

lmfao

This.

Its amazing to me that all these people crying about how Sanchez will be butthurt, are all the same people that whined about him being coddled, not having any competition behind him, blah, blah, blah...

That's unfortunately true. But I'd at least prefer a backup who wants the starting job, as opposed to a player who's sole intentions are to be a backup and collect a paycheck. Not a ringing endorsement, but I do feel better about our backup quarterback situation now, than I did when we signed Stanton.

Never in my life would I have thought I'd have to defend Tebow in any way, shape or form. I should have to turn in my LSU fan card right now. But seriously, do you think any of these "journalists" sit back at the end of the day, look at their work and just weep??

I'd prefer a backup QB who is at least slightly capable of playing the position of QB, but that's just me.

This.

Its amazing to me that all these people crying about how Sanchez will be butthurt, are all the same people that whined about him being coddled, not having any competition behind him, blah, blah, blah...

Oh, its hilarious to me...really dont get it. Everyone wanted Schotty gone, they got their wish but it wasnt good enough. Everyone wanted Sanchez to be challenged, they got their wish but it wasnt good enough.

Nothings good enough. Which is fine. But stupid.

Regardless of the outcome, you are not getting yourself a good QB. All you're really doing is guaranteeing failure at the position, creating controversy and creating even more confusion of the long term prospects at the position. With these two clowns both already all but guaranteed to be on the roster next year, you have to know the chances of them making a run at a new franchise player at the position, be it through FA or the draft, just went flushing down the toilet.

Here's the thing... While its already been decided here on JN that Sanchez sucks and always will suck, the Jets haven't come to that conclusion yet. So they don't see it as guaranteeing failure. They see it as bringing in a guy fairly inexpensively who can gain some yards and eat some clock on a select number of plays each game while simultaneously sending a signal to their starter that despite his contract he's not locked into the starter's job.

And in no way, shape, or form do I think the presence of these QB's stops them from addressing the position as soon as next year. If they decide to agree with JN at the end of the season that these are the two worst QB's in the NFL, Tanny will once again look to overpay with picks and cash for the next QB he hopes will save his job. and he won't wait. If Tanny's demonstrated one thing in his tenure at the helm, it's that he's not a patient man.

Shocker. If you thought other wise you are a fool, Tebow will takeover sometime this season and it won't be because of injury, you don't trade picks and cash for a backup with huge hype. Sad part is jets go from bad to worse at the QB position but hey....he's a good guy.

Co-sign.

It's still Sanchez's job to lose. Calling it a category 5 QB controversey is just BS hyperbole. The Jets are going to do everything in their power to help Sanchez to succeed. They did just give him a contract extension (I think I heard that!).

But you want a backup QB who's hungry. Clemens was already defeated when Sanchez got here, and Brunnel was brought in as an additional coach. For the first time, Sanchez is getting pressed for the starting job. He does have to look over his shoulder. If he falters, the Jets now have someone who can go in and and run a set of plays designed for him.

It's all on Mark. If he grows up and into the Job, the Jets win. If not, at least they have a QB worth giving a look to on the roster.

Agree with this as well. The key to me and why I like the idea of Tebow. When Sanchez throws another pick 6 he will hear the boo birds. If doesn't have the sack to play through this then he doesn't deserve the job. To the Sanchez detractors, criticize him all you want but he's a better passer than Tebow and he should win and keep the job. The major question for Sanchez is mental toughness/discipline and with Tebow on the roster we find out if Sanchez can master his weaknesses or moves on to another location.

Here's the thing... While its already been decided here on JN that Sanchez sucks and always will suck, the Jets haven't come to that conclusion yet. So they don't see it as guaranteeing failure. They see it as bringing in a guy fairly inexpensively who can gain some yards and eat some clock on a select number of plays each game while simultaneously sending a signal to their starter that despite his contract he's not locked into the starter's job.

And in no way, shape, or form do I think the presence of these QB's stops them from addressing the position as soon as next year. If they decide to agree with JN at the end of the season that these are the two worst QB's in the NFL, Tanny will once again look to overpay with picks and cash for the next QB he hopes will save his job. and he won't wait. If Tanny's demonstrated one thing in his tenure at the helm, it's that he's not a patient man.

I get what you're saying about Sanchez and I don't disagree, but the fact is that when you think the QB you have has the chance to still be the answer, you don't turn around and decrease the window of opportunity he's going to have to prove that. If Sanchez hits a rough patch this season (which even if he turns it around, is likely to happen at some point), this team's QB situation is going to turn into an unmitigated disaster. Bringing in a gimmick player to run a gimmick offense that was a complete failure after about half a season of catching people off guard to get you a few plays a game that might work at the start of the season before teams catch on and shut it down, just like this gimmick offenses predecessors have been, is nowhere near worth the mess it's going to create. And for as much as Tanny may not have shown patience at the majority of the positions on the team, he's shown quite the opposite at the QB position, and this idea that he'll move on from not just one, but two QBs in the same offseason is likely just wishful thinking. I could very well be wrong there and I really hope I am, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think at best the Jets will throw some mid-to-late rate pick on a QB who's unlikely to become anything, will get buried third on the depth chart while this fiasco continues for a few more years.

Stop. You're being to realistic here. Please become a drama queen and act like this team is going no where, are stupid as hell, have hit rock bottom and are the laughing stock of the NFL.

for the record the article this clown "Simon Samano" was quoting was written by Gary flipping Meyers... It's nothing more than pure conjecture where he quotes an unnamed source who says Tim thinks he can win the starting job. For all we know it was his brother who said it.

it's a transparent attempt to manufacture controversy. wake up.

read it for yourself:

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1049461

"REPORT: TEBOW THINKS HE CAN BEAT OUT SANCHEZ FOR JETS' QB JOB

By: Simon Samano | NFL.com

Published: March 23, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Mark Sanchez doesn't need this. Mark Sanchez doesn't want this. Mark Sanchez might not be able to handle this.

As if the New York Jets simply trading for Tim Tebow wasn't enough to keep Sanchez strung out, the New York Daily News is reporting that Tebow believes he can beat out Sanchez for the starting quarterback job.

Per a story in Friday's edition of the newspaper : "A major factor in Tebow’s push to come to New York over Jacksonville, his hometown, is that he sees a clear path to resuming his career as a starter, sources tell the Daily News."

Look, the Jets can slice it, dice it and spin it any which way they want, but there's no way around it: They have a Category 5 quarterback controversy on their hands. Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan can call Sanchez the starter until they're blue in the face -- nothing's going diffuse the situation.

And if Tebow is gunning for Sanchez's job, not understanding he's the backup ... that definitely ramps up everything to the next level.

Can training camp hurry up and get here already?"

Hey I just had a bacon induced thought. Is it possible they brought Tebow in to boost Marks confidence? Tebow may be the only other starter in the league Sanchez could possibly try to beat out. Maybe Mark thrashes him in training camp and go's into the season brimming with confidence and swagger? Brilliant?

Oh noez....a competitive QB wants to be a starter???

THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER!!!!

lmfao

Thank you.

Why would we want any player that didn't aspire to start? Short of maybe Brunell last year, he was just hanging on for the money. But veterans like that aside, if an athlete doesn't believe that they can be great, they probably never will be.

The main reason I want this to work (other than the fact that I am a Jets fan and want to see my team do well, duh) is that I so want you to be wrong.

Thank you.

Why would we want any player that didn't aspire to start? Short of maybe Brunell last year, he was just hanging on for the money. But veterans like that aside, if an athlete doesn't believe that they can be great, they probably never will be.

You dont want guys on your team that content with being a bench warmer? Because thats what winning teams are made of....incase you didnt know.

Archived