Jets won't rule out another year of Hard Knocks

Jetsfan80

OMG please make this happen.

http://profootballta...of-hard-knocks/

Jets won’t rule out another year of Hard Knocks

Posted by Josh Alper on April 2, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT

e3a564ec3f4923df3762d7d879ab2538-getty-141922507.jpg?w=250

Tim Tebow’s arrival guarantees the Jets a pretty bright spotlight during training camp this summer and they don’t seem to mind the idea of adding television cameras to the mix.

Gary Myers of the New York Daily News reports that Jets owner Woody Johnson “did not rule out” a return engagement on HBO’s Hard Knocks this summer when asked about it at the opening of a NFL store in New York on Monday. Johnson said that there hasn’t been a formal invitation sent their way, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see that coming soon.

The Jets made for an entertaining and highly rated season during the summer of 2012 and having Tebow on board will only send those ratings even higher as football fans around the country settle in to watch after eating a goddamn snack. It’s hard to think of a team with a more reality show ready list of storylines than the Jets bring to the table and it’s impossible to think of a team that welcomes the kind of spotlight that comes with being on such a show more than the Jets.

Interest in being on the show this season would be a change of heart from last year. General manager Mike Tannenbaum was on PFT Live last year and said that the Jets weren’t down with a return engagement. It’s a different year and a different team now, though, and, as many have pointed out in the wake of the Tebow trade, it isn’t a team that’s shy about grabbing for headlines.

As mentioned above, the spotlight is going to be on the team under any circumstances, so it isn’t like adding cameras to the mix would make a massive difference at their camp. It also wouldn’t make players all that uncomfortable since just about all of them have already gone through the process once.

I really hate this team.

Someone needs to tell these morons this is a football team that they're supposed to be running.

Did Hard Knocks switch up their focus and start following a bad mitten team throughout their offseason?

Does that mean the Jets now play bad mitten?

is it still April fools? Cuz that would suck.

Did Hard Knocks switch up their focus and start following a bad mitten team throughout their offseason?

Does that mean the Jets now play bad mitten?

is it still April fools? Cuz that would suck.

No, it means the Jets seem to be running things like it's a ******* soap opera and not a professional sports team.

No, it means the Jets seem to be running things like it's a ******* soap opera and not a professional sports team.

San Fran Giants did it. They are winners. The show doesn't make us any more of a side show.

Plus, if we're gonna be a .500 team lets be the damn funnest five hundred'er around.

San Fran Giants did it. They are winners. The show doesn't make us any more of a side show.

Plus, if we're gonna be a .500 team lets be the damn funnest five hundred'er around.

The show itself likely has very little impact on the team, outside of the media circus that already exists being made that much worse (the 2010 season was proof positive of that), but it's the perfect example of the mindset that clearly exists amongst those running the show here. This team's #1 priority is clearly not building a winning football team, it's about building an entertainment franchise. It may not seem like the worst philosophy from a pure business standpoint, as I'm sure it makes them plenty of money, but it's not the crap real football fans want to see out of their teams, and frankly, it will only hold up for so long if this team doesn't start winning again soon.

I really hate this team.

Someone needs to tell these morons this is a football team that they're supposed to be running.

The sh*t is like a soap opera isnt it?

Its like trying to mask the fact of playing with a doll by calling it an action figure lol. this is totally beyond football right now

but it's not the crap real football fans want to see out of their teams, and frankly, it will only hold up for so long if this team doesn't start winning again soon.

Speak for yourself. We're not going to win a Super Bowl regardless, so might as well get some entertainment value out of the season.

Then when Tannenbaum, Rex, and everyone else is ridden out of town we'll still have some funny memories, like in Hard Knocks 2012 when Sanchez tried to rub a booger on Tebow and he told Sanchez a parable, or when Holmes smoked a blunt at the 50 yard line and no one cared, or when Rex threw Greg McElroy in a locker and made him stay there for a full day, or when Tannenbaum told Bart Scott he needed to take a paycut and Bart told him to go f*** himself, or when one of our rookies got told by Mike Westhoff that he's being a cunty b****..........and so on.

The show itself likely has very little impact on the team, outside of the media circus that already exists being made that much worse (the 2010 season was proof positive of that), but it's the perfect example of the mindset that clearly exists amongst those running the show here. This team's #1 priority is clearly not building a winning football team, it's about building an entertainment franchise. It may not seem like the worst philosophy from a pure business standpoint, as I'm sure it makes them plenty of money, but it's not the crap real football fans want to see out of their teams, and frankly, it will only hold up for so long if this team doesn't start winning again soon.

We are what we are, no amount of complaining is gonna change that. Ownership is Woody, he wants what he gets. So embrace it.

And I disagree, the franchise is definitely trying to build a winner. Maybe they just aren't very good at it, but I can't believe the franchise is just trying to make the ultimate amusement ride.

And I disagree, the franchise is definitely trying to build a winner. Maybe they just aren't very good at it, but I can't believe the franchise is just trying to make the ultimate amusement ride.

This.

I mean, there's no way we're chosen as the 2010 Hard Knocks team if we went 4-12 in Rex's first year. Winning PLUS all the extra-curricular stuff has made us a top media story.

Wow, so many questions coming to mind right now. I think the first one would be, who brought up this topic? If Woody suggested this idea, then the "Marketing Move" camp have another feather in the cap.

Everyone has talked about wanting the Jets back on Hard Knocks. If you are hearing about this for the first time, you haven't really been following.

Everyone has talked about wanting the Jets back on Hard Knocks. If you are hearing about this for the first time, you haven't really been following.

No you're right, I really haven't. I just wanted to know who brought it up....I didn't see this topic for some reason.

The show itself likely has very little impact on the team

FWIW - the Jets had their best season since 1998 the year of Hard Knocks. Rex said that he felt the pressure of the cameras on them all the time helped them out in the long run. They practiced harder, focused more and were ready for anything the season brought because they had already been under a microscope.

I love this idea. Especially knowing that there is a "fractured" lock room. Plus, I'm a Jets fan and stuff and it was cool to see cameras in our locker room.

Now go eat a god damn snack.

As a fan, I think watching another season of Hard Knocks would be awesome. However, if we are looking at this from a best for the team perspective, this is a terrible idea. Personally, I will not be upset if they decide to do this since I loved every week of it last time around. This could also be a nice way to show to the world that our locker room isn't the toxic wasteland that it is being made out to be. We played well the last time that we were on Hard Knocks, last year without it, not so much...Just saying.

I really hate this team.

It's funny how the fans lose sight of the fact that the NFL itself is a TV show, and really nothing more. It's entertainment. It's Survivor with teams.

Owners care about winning because they sell more team stuff. Hard Knocks is a shortcut to selling more stuff. Worked like a charm last time.

And Hard Knocks will probably be better than what the Jets do most Sundays, anyway. If they do it, I won't miss an episode. Really can't guarantee the same thing about the regular season.

Archived