Jets and the Third pick

Jetme23

The Jets have become the Yankees when it comes to the off-season. Because they've made so many big-ticket acquisitions and trades over the years, other teams just throw the Jets name into the mix to raise the price tag based solely on the plausibility of their involvement.

The Jets have become the Yankees when it comes to the off-season. Because they've made so many big-ticket acquisitions and trades over the years, other teams just throw the Jets name into the mix to raise the price tag based solely on the plausibility of their involvement.

We are the Mets

Yeah Jets are in every dumb rumor in football. If there's a trade I'd look at 7 with Jags.

Yeah Jets are in every dumb rumor in football. If there's a trade I'd look at 7 with Jags.

Jags have already come and said they want to move back. Just the other day on sports radio they had people calling in to give their version of the best trade back scenario and 60% of the callers said the Jets...the rest said the Bengals.

Jags have already come and said they want to move back. Just the other day on sports radio they had people calling in to give their version of the best trade back scenario and 60% of the callers said the Jets...the rest said the Bengals.

You guys got radio?

Tebow plus the pick from the broncos. Done.

There is no question Richardson is there at 4 no reason to trade to 3. Incarcerated Bob is a clown. Bottom line is we aren't trading up past 7 and Sanchez isn't going anywhere. I loved getting blocked by him on twitter for calling him out.

Oh geez I didn't realize it was Incarcerated Bob. What a load of crap then. IB is a total fraud. When will you people get it already? He's hit on some easy guesses that's it.

You know what else he said? Nnamdi to the Jets, LeBron to the Knicks, Sanchez on the block... wrong, wrong, wrong.

This, or Incarcerated Bob, being a Jet fan himself, knows that Jet fans are attenuated people when it comes to perception and will amplify pretty much anything he posts.

1st off the Jets trading up is highly probable. let's start from there. The last 2 years Tanny had to sit tight and wait for Kyle Wilson and Mo Wilk. It must have killed him inside. Every other year he's a trade up machine.

this year he's got 9 or 10 picks (and he can't trade the comp picks). At this point I'd be surprised if he stuck at 16.

let me be clear I am not saying _THIS_ deal is likely but i guaruntee at some point next weekend the Jets will trade up. Even if it's just back into the 4th rd on day 3.

as for trading up the Jets probably did inquire. If they are talking to Jacksonville they are talking to Minny. These teams are desperate to trade down and the difference might not be that great (especially if Minny is interested in any Jets players).

If you can trade up to three for fair value and get Richardson you do it. He is the best player in the draft imho.

nah, Luck is by far.

Giving up a lot to get to 3 to draft a back....idk. Plus I dont think Richardson is a special talent. He's good....not once in a generation type like Peterson was.

Giving up a lot to get to 3 to draft a back....idk. Plus I dont think Richardson is a special talent. He's good....not once in a generation type like Peterson was.

he's not as fast as Peterson that's true

it would have to be a deal like Sanchez where they threw players in to make up the point difference. I agree an all-picks deal basically means the Jets have to give up their draft.

as for this trade the timing of it screams misinformation. If i were the Jets i'd hope TR makes it to Stl or Jac. there is a scenario where the WR run starts early and Richardson still on the board. He could slip because no one wants to pay for an RB (that tends to happen every year)

we can talk about TR all day and all night but he's not worth a 3 pick. He's worth more like a 6 or 7.

he's not as fast as Peterson that's true

it would have to be a deal like Sanchez where they threw players in to make up the point difference. I agree an all-picks deal basically means the Jets have to give up their draft.

as for this trade the timing of it screams misinformation. If i were the Jets i'd hope TR makes it to Stl or Jac. there is a scenario where the WR run starts early and Richardson still on the board. He could slip because no one wants to pay for an RB (that tends to happen every year)

we can talk about TR all day and all night but he's not worth a 3 pick. He's worth more like a 6 or 7.

If he falls to 9 or so, I'd be ok with it. Getting all the way up there for a running back that's not a guy that can score from everywhere on the field seems like desperation.

If he falls to 9 or so, I'd be ok with it. Getting all the way up there for a running back that's not a guy that can score from everywhere on the field seems like desperation.

9 is possible as Carolina and the Jets often make deals on draft day. the front offices are friendly. That would probably be for Coples/Ingram tho. I don't know if TR makes it to 9... he certainly could... and if he does that's a very likely trade partner.

it might be a situation where the teams in the top 10 really get desperate to move. if the price to get to 7 is about the same as the price to get to 9, what's the diff?

as for players that help the Jets, this whole Stephon Gilmore thing seems real. I believe he could go top 10 (and that the teams in the lower part of top 10 really like him). if he goes high that's good news as is Fletcher Cox's, Ryan Tannehill's, and Michael Floyd's rise.

pretty much the worst case is Browns taking TR at 4, miami passing on Tanne ( 2 DE go top 10 Ingram and Coples).

that would shut out alot of good scenarios for the Jets and they'd have to pivot to maybe OT or CB being their Best rated player on the board. (stephen hill maybe? Don'ta hightower? it's a worst case)

nah, Luck is by far.

We will see. Luck has bust written all over him imo. Questionable arm strength.............remember that before Peyton Manning, Jim Irsay also fell in love with Jeff George........

We will see. Luck has bust written all over him imo. Questionable arm strength.............remember that before Peyton Manning, Jim Irsay also fell in love with Jeff George........

Peyton didnt have a super cannon either coming out. Id be really surprised if Luck busts.

Peyton didnt have a super cannon either coming out. Id be really surprised if Luck busts.

Good point. He didn't - but I'm not sure his passes were effected by the wind like they were on Luck's pro day. If Harbaugh fell on his face in SF I would feel a little better about him too. There are a few factors as to why I'm not sold on him.

9 is possible as Carolina and the Jets often make deals on draft day. the front offices are friendly. That would probably be for Coples/Ingram tho. I don't know if TR makes it to 9... he certainly could... and if he does that's a very likely trade partner.

it might be a situation where the teams in the top 10 really get desperate to move. if the price to get to 7 is about the same as the price to get to 9, what's the diff?

as for players that help the Jets, this whole Stephon Gilmore thing seems real. I believe he could go top 10 (and that the teams in the lower part of top 10 really like him). if he goes high that's good news as is Fletcher Cox's, Ryan Tannehill's, and Michael Floyd's rise.

pretty much the worst case is Browns taking TR at 4, miami passing on Tanne ( 2 DE go top 10 Ingram and Coples).

that would shut out alot of good scenarios for the Jets and they'd have to pivot to maybe OT or CB being their Best rated player on the board. (stephen hill maybe? Don'ta hightower? it's a worst case)

I'd say Richardson's ceiling is MJD or Ray Rice. Is that worth giving up everything to get to 3? Probably more MJD...Rice is an excellent receiver.

I'd say Richardson's ceiling is MJD or Ray Rice. Is that worth giving up everything to get to 3? Probably more MJD...Rice is an excellent receiver.

i wouldn't give up everything for MJD but i'd give up the 2nd round pick for him. that 47 pick is in no man's land.

Interesting points Bit. Good stuff.

Archived