Revis: "I'm not unhappy about nothing."

CrazyCarl40

So he holds out: everyone crucifies him. He doesnt hold out: you criticize his grammar and quietly hope he holds out. Par for course I suppose.

I think the only person hoping he holds out is slats. As far as making jokes at his expense, you do realize that you're on JN, right? What the hell do you expect?

Revis reiterates that he thinks Belichick is a jerk

In an interview in March, Jets cornerbackDarrelle Revis called Patriots head coach Bill Belichick a jerk. With some time to reflect on that comment, Revis isn’t backing down.

I gave my honest opinion,” Revis said today, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “It’s just how I felt. That’s how I feel. I feel that people let him slide when he says his smart remarks [about] certain things. He says comments about us.”

Revis said he respects Belichick because he respects anyone who wins in the NFL, but Revis also pointed to the game in November between the two teams, when microphones picked up Belichick mocking the Jets by saying, “Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league, suck my d–k.” Revis didn’t find that amusing.

“Talking about the best defense, they can suck my–,” Revis said. “All that stuff. That’s just ignorant. Why go there? You won fair and square. Hey, we shook your hand after the game. We’ll see you in New England or wherever in the playoffs, OK. But when you start saying stuff like that . . . it gets too personal. You don’t have to say that. . . . Did anybody else say anything like that? No. . . . Not from our side.”

When it was pointed that Revis’s teammate Antonio Cromartie called Patriots quarterback Tom Brady an “a–hole,” Revis indicated that he thinks that was actually an accurate assessment of Brady’s personality.

“That’s how he acts,” Revis said of Brady. “He wants to throw a touchdown and point at our sideline. That’s disrespect, man. That’s not sportsmanship.”

I love that guy!

Revis: Gonna be a good year for gangrene

Media: so.. when's the holdout?

Revis: got new additions to the D ready to go

Revis: feel better than ever

Revis: Just adopted a dog

Revis: I have sex with my new dog

Media: so.. when's the holdout

Revis: I got three bodies under my house

Media: so. when's the holdout

Revis: I was born a girl

Revis: Damn!! Next week?

Media: Knew it!!!!

Revis: Gonna be a good year for gangrene

Revis: got new additions to the D ready to go

Revis: feel better than ever

Revis: Just adopted a dog

Revis: I have sex with my new dog

Revis: I got three bodies under my house

Media: so. when's the holdout

Revis: I was born a girl

Revis: Damn!! Next week?

Media: Knew it!!!!

Excellent!

The Sports Media are sh*t-stirring scumbags.

I think the only person hoping he holds out is slats. As far as making jokes at his expense, you do realize that you're on JN, right? What the hell do you expect?

Nope. I said when he signed the deal that he should play for three years and then hold out. He's only played for two.

But I will laugh if he does! Especially at Tannenbaum, who thought his trick of adding three phantom years to the deal might prevent it! Lol!

Nope. I said when he signed the deal that he should play for three years and then hold out. He's only played for two.

But I will laugh if he does! Especially at Tannenbaum, who thought his trick of adding three phantom years to the deal might prevent it! Lol!

Yeah, I know. I was just busting your balls. It was too easy of an opportunity.

Although I'm still not sure what's so damn funny about that. :-P

Ehh there's definitely a few on here, that while they don't actually want him to holdout for the sake of our football team, they would revel in it, as they can further rip on him. He's definitely one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't players.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Darrelle Revis: Coach's talk 'ignorant'

By Rich Cimini

ESPNNewYork.com

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=7916260&type=story

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets star cornerback Darrelle Revis, who made headlines in March when he called Bill Belichick a "jerk" in an ESPN interview, explained his comments Thursday -- and possibly inflamed the situation even more. Revis, who made his original remark during a word-association game, said he called out the New England Patriots' coach because he felt Belichick had made "ignorant" and "disrespectful" comments about the Jets.

"They told me to sum him up in one word and I gave my honest opinion," Revis told reporters in the Jets' locker room, adding, "I feel that people let him slide when he says smart remarks on certain things." Revis said he respects Belichick because "winning is winning." But he quickly added, "When you say certain comments about the Jets, some things are disrespectful. It's OK to have a rivalry, it's OK to compete. But when it gets personal, then it gets disrespectful. "I didn't start this battle," Revis continued. "It's just the smart comments he says. It's ignorant. It's ignorant (toward) this organization." Belichick, who served as the Jets' defensive coordinator from 1997 to 1999 before resigning when he was to succeed Bill Parcells as the head coach, is notoriously tight-lipped. But he made a vulgar remark about the Jets after beating them last Nov. 13, 37-16, at Met Life Stadium. Walking off the field, Belichick put his arm around his son and, according to the New York Post, told him, "Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league. Suck my d---." The next day, in an interview with WFAN, Belichick didn't deny the comment. "Any conservations I had privately, I'll keep private," he said. It infuriated Revis.

"It's ignorant. Why go there?" he asked. "You won, fair and square. Hey, we shook your hand after the game. But when you start saying stuff like that, it gets too personal." The Jets and Patriots have a long history of trash talking. After upsetting the Patriots in the 2010 AFC divisional playoffs, Jets linebacker Bart Scott delivered his celebrated "Can't Wait!" rant in a post-game interview with ESPN, claiming the Patriots under-estimated the Jets' defense. Leading into that game, Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie made vulgar comments about quarterback Tom Brady, whose on-the-field behavior has irked the Jets for years. So when Revis appeared in the ESPN studios in March, accompanied by Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, he fired off the "jerk" response. Sitting next to Revis, Gronkowski was taken aback. Two months later, Revis offered no apology. "He can take it anyway he wants," he said of Belichick. "Even if he says something back, I'm not going to get into jawing with him." Revis was less descriptive when commenting on his contract situation. After hinting in a recent interview that he might stage a training-camp holdout, the All-Pro cornerback backed off slightly. "Yeah, I'm cool (with my current contract)," said Revis, due to make $13.5 million over the final two years of his contract. "I signed it two years ago. I'm not unhappy about nothing." Revis missed training camp in 2010 because of an acrimonious holdout. He wound up signing a four-year, $46 million contract, which amounted to a one-year extension on his rookie contract.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Jets cannot complain about trash talk

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/print?id=42179

By James Walker

Last I checked, New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan recklessly predicted they would win the Super Bowl two years in a row.

Last I checked, the Jets’ offseason boasting was so overboard, they were dubbed the “OTA World Champions” by opponents.

Last I check, it was the Jets who did backflips and over-celebrated their last playoff win against the New England Patriots. Remember Bart Scott’s memorable “Can’t wait!” speech?

So why the sensitivity when Patriots head coach Bill Belichick ripped New York’s stout defense after last season’s 37-16 drubbing?

On Thursday Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis stood behind his “jerk” comment about Belichick, which stemmed from a private statement Belichick made to his son while walking off the field last November.

Belichick, according to the New York Post, said “Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league … [expletive].”

We won’t repeat the three words Belichick said next, because this is a family-friendly blog. But it still resonates with Revis, who said Belichick’s comments were too personal. I say Revis and the Jets are too sensitive.

The Jets cannot be the kings of trash talk and not be able to take it, especially after suffering a 21-point beatdown. Even the usually reserved Patriots occasionally will have something to say. The Jets cannot get their feelings hurt when they are almost always the aggressors.

There is a fine line you don’t want to cross when mouthing off to an opponent. I agree with Revis in that regard. But the Jets (of all teams) are not the voice of reason on this topic.

If the Jets suddenly want to get sensitive about trash-talking, maybe they should look in the mirror and do some introspection.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Jets cannot complain about trash talk

http://espn.go.com/b.../print?id=42179

By James Walker

Belichick, according to the New York Post, said “Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league … [expletive].”

We won’t repeat the three words Belichick said next, because this is a family-friendly blog.

that's the whole point jim. and the media is trying to stir it up by asking the questions in the first place !!!! ugh

can the jets accuse someone of being over hyped ? no. over confident ? no

but belicheat went over the line, and jim just proves revis' point that belicheat gets away with it but not the jets

oh jim

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Revis says he's "cool" with contract

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/print?id=12380

By Rich Cimini

Three weeks after hinting he might stage a training-camp holdout, CB Darrelle Revis said all the right things Thursday about his contract situation.

Revis said "let's quit talking about holding out," claiming his focus is on the team. Asked point-blank if he's happy with his current contract, which is playing him $7.5 million this season, Revis replied: "Yeah, I'm cool. I signed it two years ago. I'm not unhappy about nothing."

Revis said his agents haven't had any discussions with the Jets, but he's thought to be seeking a new contract.

In September, 2010, following a 35-day holdout, Revis signed a four-year, $46 million contract, basically a one-year extension to his rookie deal. Both sides had hoped to work out a long-term extension, but they couldn't get anywhere close to an agreement, so they settled for what was described as a "Band-Aid" deal.

Revis made $32.5 million the last two seasons, which is a very nice Band-Aid, but now there are rumblings he wants a new deal that will continue to pay him an average of $16 million per year. The Jets aren't likely to re-work his deal.

Meanwhile, TE Dustin Keller, entering the final year of his rookie contract, said there have been no substantive discussions regarding a new deal.

"We'll see as time goes on," Keller said. "Previous guys have gotten theirs done around camp time. We'll see what happens."

In recent years, core players such as D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold and David Harris have received new deals before or during training camp.

Archived