Ask Tom Shane a question about the Jets

Maxman

Frost, easily. Otis Smith was actually pretty solid when he was younger. Jim McMahon, then with the Eagles, said that Smith was the best corner on the team, and that was with Eric Allen and Mark McMillian on the roster.

As bad as Frost was, he's not a top-five worst Jets I've ever seen.

That list, YOU ASK?????

5. Damien Robinson-- Made Eric Smith look like Ronnie Lott.

4. Dwayne Joaeph-- Another awesome QB conversion project. We do those well.

3. Don Boyd Odegard-- I hate white people. /noracist

2. JP Machado-- to quote bitonti, Machado specialized in the "reverse pancake."

1. Vernon Gholston-- Just a horrible, horrible player.

Adrein Clarke just read this and laughed.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to say after 142 posts in this thread, yeah I still got it. LOL.

Now I have to go back and read them all to see how much damage Tom is doing here, I guess the joke is really on me. :)

Frost, easily. Otis Smith was actually pretty solid when he was younger. Jim McMahon, then with the Eagles, said that Smith was the best corner on the team, and that was with Eric Allen and Mark McMillian on the roster.

As bad as Frost was, he's not a top-five worst Jets I've ever seen.

That list, YOU ASK?????

5. Damien Robinson-- Made Eric Smith look like Ronnie Lott.

4. Dwayne Joaeph-- Another awesome QB conversion project. We do those well.

3. Don Boyd Odegard-- I hate white people. /noracist

2. JP Machado-- to quote bitonti, Machado specialized in the "reverse pancake."

1. Vernon Gholston-- Just a horrible, horrible player.

1a. The Knish

Murphy's pedostache (thanks, JH) is better. Coincidentally, both average less than 40 yards in distance traveled on every ball they hit.

haha, oh god. Coslet used to have Aguiar kick off purposely straight up in the air to avoid a return. I remember Namath doing the games and it drove him nuts.

You know how much I hate ESPN, but I actually pray for the day when Mike and Mike take out Boomer and Carton for good. I read the other day that they're (B&C) losing ground to them daily, especially with ESPN's move to FM, with Mike and Mike focusing more of the show on NY-centric topics. ESPN actually spent a large portion of their show today talking about the Subway Series. Clearly, they smell blood in the water. I'd love to see Dan Patrick take over FAN's morning drive. I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to take on his ol' buddies at the Worldwide Leader. But, seriously, I'd rather listen to a test pattern than hear Boomer tell another story about his rec-league hockey games.

B&C have gotten really bad. Carton is absolutely unlistenable half the time. I actually used to enjoy him from time to time on 101.5 and even when he started on WFAN, but its brutal now. He is so desperate to be the next Howard Stern and none of that stuff fits on the show. I cant imagine WFAN grooming him for anything else since he will drop the show if a media gig came along that gave him TV time. Id imagine Evan Roberts is the guy they want in the afternoon when Francesa is done soon since he fits the mold better. He seems to have no aspirations outside of radio and is a pure sports talk host.

M&M is still terrible but ESPN has finally got the formula down by just loading their show with guests. Alot of it is fluff talk, but it keeps the M&M banter to a minimum and just lets the guests cover whatever talking points they have at the time. You'll never get a tough interview on that show or good opinion but you do get some good tidbits from the guests. The other thing I have noticed with ESPN that I do think helps them in their appeal this time of year is that they do cover sports outside the metro area. Baseball is such a long year and you can only hear Francesa ask these guys the same questions over and over again. He isnt going to battle guys like he did Bobby Valentine to make for great radio and there is nothing different about the teams to talk about. the Yankees are still the best team in baseball and the Mets are mediocre. But the station doesnt touch the NFL or NBA during the spring and summer months and its a huge mistake. The NFL has become an 11 month sport and fantasy has made people interested in all 32 teams. The NBA has always been a player driven league and you had two of the best making deep runs in James and Durant. Rather than talking at all about it Francesa is doing Yankee history bits about the greatness of Mantle compared to DiMaggio while Carton is busy talking about his big thighs and how he did a great job whenever anyone asked him to do play by play. It really chases people to the other station or off the sports talk entirely.

B&C have gotten really bad. Carton is absolutely unlistenable half the time. I actually used to enjoy him from time to time on 101.5 and even when he started on WFAN, but its brutal now. He is so desperate to be the next Howard Stern and none of that stuff fits on the show. I cant imagine WFAN grooming him for anything else since he will drop the show if a media gig came along that gave him TV time. Id imagine Evan Roberts is the guy they want in the afternoon when Francesa is done soon since he fits the mold better. He seems to have no aspirations outside of radio and is a pure sports talk host.

M&M is still terrible but ESPN has finally got the formula down by just loading their show with guests. Alot of it is fluff talk, but it keeps the M&M banter to a minimum and just lets the guests cover whatever talking points they have at the time. You'll never get a tough interview on that show or good opinion but you do get some good tidbits from the guests. The other thing I have noticed with ESPN that I do think helps them in their appeal this time of year is that they do cover sports outside the metro area. Baseball is such a long year and you can only hear Francesa ask these guys the same questions over and over again. He isnt going to battle guys like he did Bobby Valentine to make for great radio and there is nothing different about the teams to talk about. the Yankees are still the best team in baseball and the Mets are mediocre. But the station doesnt touch the NFL or NBA during the spring and summer months and its a huge mistake. The NFL has become an 11 month sport and fantasy has made people interested in all 32 teams. The NBA has always been a player driven league and you had two of the best making deep runs in James and Durant. Rather than talking at all about it Francesa is doing Yankee history bits about the greatness of Mantle compared to DiMaggio while Carton is busy talking about his big thighs and how he did a great job whenever anyone asked him to do play by play. It really chases people to the other station or off the sports talk entirely.

100% agreed on all the above except for the Roberts thing. I don't know if it's his voice, or the fact that he's 24 and has 24-year old opinions on things, or if it's the fact that he's just so nuts and bolts, but I've never been able to listen to him for more than short intervals.

100% agreed on all the above except for the Roberts thing. I don't know if it's his voice, or the fact that he's 24 and has 24-year old opinions on things, or if it's the fact that he's just so nuts and bolts, but I've never been able to listen to him for more than short intervals.

Some strings mujst have been pulled for Evan to get the daytime slot so quick and young

Tom, why does my penis burn when I watch the Jets late in the season?

Like drug addiction, sex addiction is fueled by the native instinct to find alternative "realities" to one they determine to be stressful, painful, or otherwise detrimental. And as the levels of stress, pain, etc, increase, so does the intensity of the addiction, and the frequency at which one pursues gratification through said addictive behavior. Unfortunately, as those instances increase, one depletes their available resources (use more drugs, run out of drugs faster), and has to seek even less desirable modes of satiation. We've all heard of the recovering alcoholic who resorts to drinking large amounts of mouthwash, or rubbing alcohol, for instance. Likewise, the more a sex addict depletes the availability of his desired partners, he is forced to turn to less desireable ones, resulting, often, in venereal disease.

In sum: the more the Jets suck, the more likely you are to bang an obese transsexual behind the dumpster at your local park.

Like drug addiction, sex addiction is fueled by the native instinct to find alternative "realities" to one they determine to be stressful, painful, or otherwise detrimental. And as the levels of stress, pain, etc, increase, so does the intensity of the addiction, and the frequency at which one pursues gratification through said addictive behavior. Unfortunately, as those instances increase, one depletes their available resources (use more drugs, run out of drugs faster), and has to seek even less desirable modes of satiation. We've all heard of the recovering alcoholic who resorts to drinking large amounts of mouthwash, or rubbing alcohol, for instance. Likewise, the more a sex addict depletes the availability of his desired partners, he is forced to turn to less desireable ones, resulting, often, in venereal disease.

In sum: the more the Jets suck, the more likely you are to bang an obese transsexual behind the dumpster at your local park.

So really this post was a long, convoluted means to blame the Jets for your favorite weekly Saturday past time?

Archived