Bills trying to trade for Tavaris Jackson

Kleckineau

T-Jack deal not final yet, with salary a sticking point

Posted by Mike Florio on August 26, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT

The trade that will send veteran quarterback Tarvaris Jackson to Buffalo isn’t done yet, a source with direct knowledge of the situation tells PFT.

The sticking point at this point is the compensation Jackson will receive from the Bills.  Jackson currently is due to receive a base salary of $4 million in 2012, the last year of his current deal.

Per the source, it’s believed the deal will be finalized, soon.

It’s unknown whether the Bills would keep either Tylor Thigpen or Vince Young if they land Jackson.  There’s a chance they’ll keep neither; Jackson’s eventual contract could shed significant light on whether one or both of the incumbent backups will stick around.

The compensation that the Bills will be sending to Seattle isn’t known, either.  Early speculation has settled on a 2013 draft pick in the fifth-to-sixth-round range.

Not a flyer but possibly for intel...have to go with Thigpen...not sure Vince brings anything to the table.

Might have been a cheaper option than Tebow. I'd trust a "wildcat" QB that was cut to be happier being the protector on punts, holding on kicks than a guy like Tebow that was dumped because one of the all time greats took his spot.

I'm guessing it is bad news for Vince Young but that's just me.

Young has been cut, so he's available. He played very poorly Saturday against Pitts' second stringers.

There's been nothing official out of Buffalo or Seattle about the trade for Jackson. I suspect that if it's finalized that the Bills will keep Thigpen as their second QB for a while or maybe they cut him and go with Brad Smith for a while until Jackson gets a handle on the offense. Smith got some work at QB during the first 2 preseason games, so that might be the plan.

Hardly. Young might significantly improve the Jets, however.

Well, according to you, Jackson isnt good enough to play in the NFL because he doesnt complete 60% of his passes, similar to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

However, Tarvaris has a higher career completion percentage at 59.4 and compared to Fitz who is 59.2. So, you're getting closer!!!

bills ?

what are these bills ?

I think they're a football team. I vaguely recall them beating us once.... 3 years ago.

Y'all will find out who they are come September 9. Mark Anderson, Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus, and Mario Williams will be stopping by your offensive backfield to personally introduce themselves to Mark Sanchez ... repeatedly.

This is great. I can't remember the last time we've had a Bills troll.

Yeah what a blast. Can;t wait to argue who sucks bigger dog balls better, Fitzpatrick vs Sanchez. LOL

We could argue over what D line will sack either inept pathetic QB more but I think that's left best to watch it play out.

Yeah what a blast. Can;t wait to argue who sucks bigger dog balls better, Fitzpatrick vs Sanchez. LOL

We could argue over what D line will sack either inept pathetic QB more but I think that's left best to watch it play out.

I'll be targetting either the Jets D or Bills D in my fantasy drafts purely for their matchups against each other.

Archived