How many games does it take for Jets to equal their week 1 point total of 48?

JustInFudge

With 3 of the best D's in the league coming up on the schedule and Miami sandwiched in there - how many weeks or games does it take the Jets to score 48 more points?

I say it takes 4 weeks for them to score another 48 pts. Sometime in the 4th quarter vs. the Texans the Jets will have equaled their week 1 offensive outing.

They will score 10 vs. the Steelers. 20 vs. the Phins. 10 vs. the 49'ers. And 13 vs Houston with a late TD in garbage time to crack 48.

Wait. You mean we aren't gonna hang 40 + on every team this year? Dammit.

Huh? No, we are. But the discussion would be so short lived cause we all agree that we will. So this is more about generating forum action. I can't wait til New England when we go for the ol' 100 pointer.

Two. Twenty against Pitt and they'll hang 28+ on Miami. Book it.

Edit: The obvious caveat being, the Jets as a whole put up 28+ on miami, not the offense. With Tannenhill not looking nearly as good as his wife, i expect another pick 6.

Great point. Didnt think about that. I change my guess to the 3rd quarter of the Texans game.

I think the Jets will drop 24 on the Steelers, and depending on how Tannehill performs, anywhere between 17-28 in the 1st half of the Dolphins game, so I think at the minimum the 2nd half of the Dolphins game is when the Jets will equal the 1st game point total.

Pittsburgh's D is still very good, but it is not what it was 2-3 years ago, and also the Steelers will put up points on the Jets D, and if we want to win that game its gonna take a minimum of 21-24 points IMO, and I also think Sparano knows this, and will call the game knowing the Jets will need to put up 24+ to win.

The big X factor in all of this is how does Sparano, and the Jets offense adjust to a zone blitzing defense after playing a 4 man rush man to man coverage D, if they fall on their face because they can't solve the zone blitz (I really mean Sanchez) then it might take until game 3 against the 49ers, and the Jets will be walking into the Houston game at 2-2 facing 2-3 in the face, time will tell.

I think the Jets will drop 24 on the Steelers, and depending on how Tannehill performs, anywhere between 17-28 in the 1st half of the Dolphins game, so I think at the minimum the 2nd half of the Dolphins game is when the Jets will equal the 1st game point total.

Pittsburgh's D is still very good, but it is not what it was 2-3 years ago, and also the Steelers will put up points on the Jets D, and if we want to win that game its gonna take a minimum of 21-24 points IMO, and I also think Sparano knows this, and will call the game knowing the Jets will need to put up 24+ to win.

The big X factor in all of this is how does Sparano, and the Jets offense adjust to a zone blitzing defense after playing a 4 man rush man to man coverage D, if they fall on their face because they can't solve the zone blitz (I really mean Sanchez) then it might take until game 3 against the 49ers, and the Jets will be walking into the Houston game at 2-2 facing 2-3 in the face, time will tell.

Steelers home opener with the defense just getting humiliated in the 4th quarter on Sunday Night Football for the world to see is not a good recipe for the Jets. This is going to be a dog fight. I could see this game being won in the teens. Seriously.

Steelers home opener with the defense just getting humiliated in the 4th quarter on Sunday Night Football for the world to see is not a good recipe for the Jets. This is going to be a dog fight. I could see this game being won in the teens. Seriously.

I agree on the dog fight part, and the fact the Steelers are coming home for their home opener after a loss, that spells big trouble for the Jets if they let it be big trouble. But I also think that will put the score higher than the teens, the Steelers are gonna come out looking to please the home crowd, and take the Jets out of the game, if they are succesful early on offense then the Jets will have to match them to keep it close.

I have been wondering if Sparano has picked Tebow's brain about the game plan to beat the Steelers all out blitzs with the deep ball from last years playoff game, and if so would the Jets try, and burn the Steelers deep with Hill, Holmes, Kerley, and/or Schillens every chance they get against the Steelers zone blitz, send more guys on deep routes then they can cover, and hope the blitz gets picked up for just long enough so Mark can find the one on one coverage, or the open area of the zone down field. The Patriots, and Brady have exploited this the last few years against the Steelers D. and they can be picked on in the passing game IF you read, and pick up the blitz, Brady makes it look easy, this obviously is not very easy, but not impossible either.

When it comes to teens and winning Sanchez is the man. We should feel fortunate it doesn;t come down to chubby twenty somethings in bathroom stalls. Jets by 3. Book it

and this Sunday's Jets game is the national game at 4:25. The Jets have not performed well in regular season nationally televised games. At least not recently....

I agree on the dog fight part, and the fact the Steelers are coming home for their home opener after a loss, that spells big trouble for the Jets if they let it be big trouble. But I also think that will put the score higher than the teens, the Steelers are gonna come out looking to please the home crowd, and take the Jets out of the game, if they are succesful early on offense then the Jets will have to match them to keep it close.

I have been wondering if Sparano has picked Tebow's brain about the game plan to beat the Steelers all out blitzs with the deep ball from last years playoff game, and if so would the Jets try, and burn the Steelers deep with Hill, Holmes, Kerley, and/or Schillens every chance they get against the Steelers zone blitz, send more guys on deep routes then they can cover, and hope the blitz gets picked up for just long enough so Mark can find the one on one coverage, or the open area of the zone down field. The Patriots, and Brady have exploited this the last few years against the Steelers D. and they can be picked on in the passing game IF you read, and pick up the blitz, Brady makes it look easy, this obviously is not very easy, but not impossible either.

Very true. Peyton started figuring out the blitz's and diced them up the other night. But he's the best pre-snap QB I've ever seen. Sanchez, not so much. I'm nervous.

and this Sunday's Jets game is the national game at 4:25. The Jets have not performed well in regular season nationally televised games. At least not recently....

Now I'm double nervous.

Archived