What if we trade for.....

brian101193

Matt Flynn, think about it, our O-line isn't bad and he couldn't be worse then Mark Sanchez. If he works out we have a QB we can build on after next years draft. Tebow is not the answer going forward, he can't throw the ball and if Sanchez doesn't get over this mediocre hump we're going to either have to draft someone this year or next year. We can't win a SuperBowl with a "servicable" quarterback.

I'm not saying give up a 1st rounder for him, but if we can get him cheap, 3rd, maybe a 2nd, i'd say do it. He's shown he can sling the ball when he has receivers, something Sanchez obviously cant. What do you guys think?

From a spending standpoint this can't even be an option. His salary for 2013 is over $5 million and moves like this are exactly what have landed the Jets in their current kerfuffle. It's not the notion of, "oh, it's just a 2nd or 3rd rounder," it's the fact that guys in those rounds are still graded high and come ridiculously cheap. The Jets are going to be looking to shed salary big time next year, (Pace and Harris especially), and they're going to need every single one of their picks for affordable guys at all sorts of positions. The Jets heading into 2013 do not have the luxury of taking chances like this. Between both Sanchez and Tebow's rates for next year we're already committed to something like $15 million at QB already.

The Seahawks aren't trading him, anyway. He's a relatively inexpensive insurance policy for them at this point.

I don't know man, that's an awfully expensive price to be paying for a backup. It's over twice as much what we're paying for Tebow. Have to believe they'll be looking to move that if Carroll's really committed to Wilson.

However, there's also the possibility that Crazy Pete does not care about numbers.

As far as Flynn goes, going back to last year, what I wanted more than anything was for the Jets to sign him to come in and compete with Sanchez while the Jets groomed a mid-round pick at QB behind the winner. That all went to hell when Flynn went and had the week 17 game that he had, and I knew the investment simply wasn't going to be worth it. Add in trading a draft pick on top of that? Well, I think RJF said it best as to why that's a completely awful idea.

I don't know man, that's an awfully expensive price to be paying for a backup. It's over twice as much what we're paying for Tebow. Have to believe they'll be looking to move that if Carroll's really committed to Wilson.

However, there's also the possibility that Crazy Pete does not care about numbers.

It's easy for them to swallow because Wilson makes peanuts.

There's no way they trade him this season. Maybe next winter, if they've determined that Wilson is the real deal, they try to pull off something. But even then, Wilson + Flynn will be making less than the average 1-2 QB tandem. If Flynn's being a good soldier, I really wouldn't see a reason to move him. Although, he definitely could be brought into the office to discuss a salary reduction.

It's easy for them to swallow because Wilson makes peanuts.

There's no way they trade him this season. Maybe next winter, if they've determined that Wilson is the real deal, they try to pull off something. But even then, Wilson + Flynn will be making less than the average 1-2 QB tandem. If Flynn's being a good soldier, I really wouldn't see a reason to move him. Although, he definitely could be brought into the office to discuss a salary reduction.

The only reason would be if another team came along and offered them something of a decent value in return, then there's no real reason not take it and go pick yourself up a new backup QB. I'm not sure that's going to happen though and if it does, the Jets sure as hell shouldn't be the ones making that offer.

What if we did something not stupid? Like trade for a running back? Steven Jackson maybe? Trade David Harris, Greene and some picks bet we could get him from shotty

What you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

What you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

OK, a simple no would of done just fine....

How about this... We trade our players to contenders for their draft picks, and then use them to pick players that improve the roster and this teams long-term competitiveness?

You're talking about a team that won't put Revis on IR cause they need him for the SB

How about this... We trade our players to contenders for their draft picks, and then use them to pick players that improve the roster and this teams long-term competitiveness?

This is the approach I would take.

I actually think this team will grind out a 7 win season, mostly due to schedule, which will give some false hope.

Everyone will think with Revis coming back, Holmes coming back, and a few solid moves we will be back in contention.

I think this team is now setup for mediocrity to be it's upper limit for years to come.

Building an offense is absolutely necessary in today's NFL, and Rex has blatantly ignored that side of the ball for 4 years now, chosing to keep Schitty, and replace him with someone as bad.

Why? Because both of them could be a HC of the offense, and he could completely ignore the offense and work on his monster defense.

They would need to bring in the right guy to develop a modern day offense, and they need a sh*t ton of players on offense to execute it. That will never happen because the defense is completely shot, and Rex will insist on fixing the defense so he does not look like more of a slouch.

Archived