With What we Know Now, Where would we Be with Peyton?

Jet27

Hard to say. Manning's $18M guaranteed this year probably would've led to a number of cuts from an already thin roster.

Denver's defense is doing a better job than the Jets, and they have a genuine home field advantage - yet they're only 3-3 with him after making the playoffs last year.

Not happy with the current state of affairs, but I don't think I'd be happy with Manning, either.

Not happy with the current state of affairs, but I don't think I'd be happy with Manning, either.

Of course we would. The Broncos are 3-3 and in first place after facing the NFL's toughest schedule by far. Think there's a chance in hell Manning loses the Steeler or Pats games? We'd be 5-1 right now, no matter who we would have had to cut to make room for him.

Denver is probably the 2nd best team in the AFC going forward now that Webb and Lewis are hurt for Baltimore. And that's with their defense being pretty pedestrian.

we would have the second best QB in the area- no change

Just because Eli is perhaps better than Peyton at this point doesn't mean "no change". We'd be going from the # 30 or so QB in the league to a top 10 guy, maybe even top 5. That would have made an enormous difference.

Did you watch the Denver-San Diego game? Do you think there's any chance Sanchez wins that game if we were in the same shape at halftime (down 24-0 on the road)?

Of course we would. The Broncos are 3-3 and in first place after facing the NFL's toughest schedule by far. Think there's a chance in hell Manning loses the Steeler or Pats games? We'd be 5-1 right now, no matter who we would have had to cut to make room for him.

Denver is probably the 2nd best team in the AFC going forward now that Webb and Lewis are hurt for Baltimore. And that's with their defense being pretty pedestrian.

I agree......

With what we know now, where would we be in the Jets had drafted Tom Brady?

See how pointless that question sounds? It's the same thing.

Maybe, but one of those things happened in 2000 while the other just happened in the past offseason and wasn't exactly a completely "out there" possibility. We were rumored to be dark horses to get Manning, even if we'd be led to believe Peyton never considered us. Still stupid to think about now but not the same thing.

Maybe, but one of those things happened in 2000 while the other just happened in the past offseason and wasn't exactly a completely "out there" possibility. We were rumored to be dark horses to get Manning, even if we'd be led to believe Peyton never considered us. Still stupid to think about now but not the same thing.

My meaning was that neither happened. It's not even like the Marino or Ed Reed arguments. In those situations they had complete control of the situation. Manning picked where he was going. Everyone passed on Brady (as we've heard a million times) -- i.e. NO ONE saw his career coming.

I just feel like there's no point in wondering what we'd be like with Brady or Manning. Why torture ourselves over something that didn't happen, isn't going to happen, and was completely out of our GMs control?

We wwould be $100,000,000 poorer.

Did you watch the Denver-San Diego game? Do you think there's any chance Sanchez wins that game if we were in the same shape at halftime (down 24-0 on the road)?

Good grief it was the Chargers and yes, I would hope Sanchez could win a game where the other QB throws 4 ints (one for a TD) and fumbles twice (one for a TD).

Denver won by 11 and the defense scored 14. Of course the headlines were all about Peyton's heroic comeback but if Tebow had been the QB in that same game the headlines would have been "Bronco D overcomes Tebow's pick six". :animal0029:

Come on, let's be serious, this is the Jets we're talking about. Best case scenario would have been a 2008 Favre-esque cock tease that would eventually come all crashing down, with the most likely scenario being a preseason injury that landed Manning on IR.

If we really must be serious it's obvious that Peyton would lead the Jets to the Super Bowl and get sacked on the first play, causing a career ending injury. McElroy would then set a Super Bowl record for INT's thrown and the Jets would get blown out by 40+.

See...that was no fun at all.

We wwould be $100,000,000 poorer.

Good grief it was the Chargers and yes, I would hope Sanchez could win a game where the other QB throws 4 ints (one for a TD) and fumbles twice (one for a TD).

Denver won by 11 and the defense scored 14. Of course the headlines were all about Peyton's heroic comeback but if Tebow had been the QB in that same game the headlines would have been "Bronco D overcomes Tebow's pick six". :animal0029:

lol....the trolling has reached levels we havent seen before.

Your schtick is played out. Might as well drop it. Wasn't ever funny really.

If McElroy was any good he would have been given a shot. Mark Sanchez gives this team the best chance to win games. Period.

Better than if we had Peyton?

Archived