When do we start talking about the Dolphins ?

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt his contract status had anything to do with it. Say what you want about Greene, but he certainly isn't afraid to run into things. He seems like he'd try to run through a wall at top speed.

Oh sure. Not doubting his play. But most players would not want back on the field after that kind of head injury. I have not seen this kind of initiative from Greene before. Maybe i missed noticing it.

Greene came back and it was his head. He was asking back in before they took him to the lockers. He seemed like he was out cold, so I'm shocked they let him back. He should be good to go on Sunday. Hopefully McKnight didn't suffer any setback.

I think we overrate guys that we haven't seen. Backs that aren't ready can get a QB killed. I know we might be in favor of that, but it isn't helpful to the passing game. McKnight was running very well early and then went downhill a bit. Maybe it was because his leg was getting worse or maybe the change of pace wore out.

There was good 10 seconds he looked like he was laying on the ground there motionless and then suddenly he just jumped up. It seemed a little fishy he was ok laying on the ground that long.

I understand Grimes is probably just trying to soak up the playbook at this point, so maybe they played it smart by keeping his snaps very limited. I think we are gonna need McKnight as the year goes on, so we don't wanna risk further injury also.

The Pish will get hammered at MetLife this weekend....not least because of my 3243 mile trek to get there.....but more so the fact that we cannot afford to lose the small amount of credibility (and faith...but not the Tebow type) we regained last night in Foxboro.

Pats fans booing their own team.....awesome!

This weekend Metlife will be rockin oot to a HUGE Jets win....or you can punch a Scotsman in the face!

McKnight was on crutches, but they said he didn't suffer any setback, just the expected soreness with having a high-ankle sprain. Say what you will about this kid, but playing with that type of injury and to carry the pile like he did a few times took absolute balls. I'm sure the jets had zero plans on using him yesterday besides kickoff, but he manned up when he needed to. Hopefully we can get by without using him on anything besides kickoffs against miami and can give him the rest of the bye week to heal up. With the cold weather on the way and the second half the season, it's definitely the right time for the Oline to start exerting itself and green and mcknight showing some life. I can't help but drink the koolaide sometimes, but the offense seems like it's about to click.

I'm drinking it too man. Past few weeks they seem to be building momentum. Hopefully they build on it this week. They were actually clicking yesterday for 90% of the game outside of a few mental mistakes...which this board has covered ad nauseam!

I'm really looking forward to this game. The last time we played it was just a horrible game, neither team could execute worth a damn and it effectively came down to who sucked less. They’ve improved with each week though, mainly through Tannehill, who doesn’t look like the joke I thought he’d be, in fact he looks a fine prospect. The Jets have improved significantly as well, despite the injuries, we just seem to be coming together. You only have to look at the improvements from the 49ers game to see that, not just a 34-0 loss, a bad 34-0 loss. We were fortunate they didn’t put 70 on us.

Against the Pats we were solid all over. The ground game is finally getting going and even Sanchez is sucking less than he was, although I think that’s more down to the WR’s actually getting wide open, which they are consistently. The defense looked great Sunday, tired a bit towards the end but it’s getting there. I’m confident enough going into this game, as long as there’s no hangover from last week.

Jets by 7.

Not our record against you ;)

Win this game and we're 4-4 with a 3-1 record in our division heading into the bye. Before the season started everyone knew that the first half was going to be brutal and most felt with games against san fran, pitt, new england and houston it would leave us right round 4-4, give or take a game. If we're able to steal one out west (luckily we get a 4 oclock game, which actually isn't too bad for us east coast teams) and handle the Rams, we once again have the opportunity for the division with New England at home.

Win this Miami game and it's all still a possibility. I was as down on Sanchez as everyone else, but I actually like what I've seen the last two weeks with him and this receiving corp and I'm a blind optimist sometimes, but playoffs are a legit possibility and that's all I could really ask for with this team.

Same thought process...we need Sanchez to step it up.....

Rex Ryan?

Dont make me say it.......in all seriousness...on my way home yesterday I heard Rex's call to Kay, and the guy just doesnt sound like he knows whats going on around him. I mean I really want to like the guy but when Kay is asking him about the offense he is completely clueless. When asked about injuries he doesn't know...I mean WTF is going on over there?

Go to the bye at 4 and 4 and 3 and 1 in the division gives you hope. In the AFC playoff spots are there to be taken

This is true, hopefully the bye will give the team time to regroup....as long as we are 4-4. If we go to 3-5 it is going to get ugly real fast....

Ahh...another big talking snout who will vanish the moment the Dolphins are defeated.

Well, win or lose I probably won't be around here until the next game. I'll probably look for a Colts forum since we play them after the Jets.

It should be interesting how you all defense us. Tannehill has been pretty good at facing blitzes as teams have been stacking the box on us. I think the best way to play him is not blitz as much and force him to go through the receiver progressions, but that would open up our running game. As far as Sanchez is concerned, I'd put pressure on him and force him to throw in the run or to force passes to his receivers. He has a tendency to throw behind his receivers and force the ball. I'd defeinitely stack the box on him and make Sanchez win the game.

Dont make me say it.......in all seriousness...on my way home yesterday I heard Rex's call to Kay, and the guy just doesnt sound like he knows whats going on around him. I mean I really want to like the guy but when Kay is asking him about the offense he is completely clueless. When asked about injuries he doesn't know...I mean WTF is going on over there?

I heard it too but that wasn't the impression I got.

I wouldn't worry about the injuries. A lot of times you don't know until a couple of days later. Coughlin sounds the same way about them and he's apparently the greatest coach ever now. As for the offense, well, Rex doesn't say bad things about the team ever, no matter what he thinks. I thought it sounded like he was trying to avoid the question more than anything.

Stop worrying what Rex says. Its all crap anyway. Only way to evaluate him is team performance.

I heard it too but that wasn't the impression I got.

I wouldn't worry about the injuries. A lot of times you don't know until a couple of days later. Coughlin sounds the same way about them and he's apparently the greatest coach ever now. As for the offense, well, Rex doesn't say bad things about the team ever, no matter what he thinks. I thought it sounded like he was trying to avoid the question more than anything.

But he is the HC.....you can't stumble around when interviewed especially after losing...you just can't do that or worse yet sound like that.

Well, win or lose I probably won't be around here until the next game. I'll probably look for a Colts forum since we play them after the Jets.

It should be interesting how you all defense us. Tannehill has been pretty good at facing blitzes as teams have been stacking the box on us. I think the best way to play him is not blitz as much and force him to go through the receiver progressions, but that would open up our running game. As far as Sanchez is concerned, I'd put pressure on him and force him to throw in the run or to force passes to his receivers. He has a tendency to throw behind his receivers and force the ball. I'd defeinitely stack the box on him and make Sanchez win the game.

Definition of trolling. GFY!

Archived