Gutty Ryan would welcome firing if "Woody" doesn't fix offense. (From the YeahOKGuy Dept.)

T0mShane

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the most ridiculous thing going on this board. Mangini's roster, not Tanny's but now its Tanny's and Rex and Mangini was the real genius. lulz. Rex brought in all sorts of new blood in 09 and more in 10.

Again, nobody was complaining about Holmes when he was winning games. Instead, everyone was posting pictures of him doing the fly boy and putting him in their avatar and sucking his balls. Now, everyone was right all along. Too funny. Seriously.

Ha! 2010 was hands down the most exciting year in my life time as a Jets fan. That show was awesome, that season was awesome filled with great memories. I guess I should apologize for finding enjoyment out of the Jets. lulz

The Mangini roster sh*t is to funny, Rex inherited an offense with K Clemens at QB, 60 year old T Jones, best WR on the roster was a possession guy in J Cotchery, who was good at his skill set, but by no means a game changer, D Keller was a 2nd year TE who we still knew nothing about other than potential, and as far as skill position players thats it. Oh, and not to mention Rex's biggest mistake one of the worst offensive coordinators in football forced on him, he needed to bring in his own guy he could trust, and feel comfortable with managing that side of the ball, and help hide his offensive coaching deficiencys.

The Mangini roster sh*t is to funny, Rex inherited an offense with K Clemens at QB, 60 year old T Jones, best WR on the roster was a possession guy in J Cotchery, who was good at his skill set, but by no means a game changer, D Keller was a 2nd year TE who we still knew nothing about other than potential, and as far as skill position players thats it. Oh, and not to mention Rex's biggest mistake one of the worst offensive coordinators in football forced on him, he needed to bring in his own guy he could trust, and feel comfortable with managing that side of the ball, and help hide his offensive coaching deficiencys.

And that offense ended up leading the league in rushing.

The Jets offense sucks, but to act like its Rex Ryan's fault means you probably havent been paying attention to Jets Football for very long .

The Jets offense sucks, but to act like its Rex Ryan's fault means you probably havent been paying attention to Jets Football for very long .

It may not be directly his fault but Rex has become obsessed with "his defense" being the reason the Jets win games. He never addresses the offense the way he addresses the defense...spouting out numbers after beating Jacksonville and Arizona like anyone cares.

What Rex doesnt realize is no one will think less of him as a coach if the offense is better than the defense. His father had the same problem

If there are firings this week whether it's everyone, or either Tanny, Rex, or/and Sparano, we will probably get some real answers to who is ACTUALLY calling the failing shots, and it's going to be a bigger circus after the firings if they all talk.

Not sure which NFL teams you watch, but typical protocol is that if any of the components of team are failing in performance, it is the head coach that is held accountable. He does not get to pick and choose areas that only he is held to standards for.

Rex had his chance last off season to fix this off season. He has given us Sparano, an outdated ground and pound philosophy, and unlimited loyalty to a failing qb.

It may not be directly his fault but Rex has become obsessed with "his defense" being the reason the Jets win games. He never addresses the offense the way he addresses the defense...spouting out numbers after beating Jacksonville and Arizona like anyone cares.

What Rex doesnt realize is no one will think less of him as a coach if the offense is better than the defense. His father had the same problem

You mean from a coaching/game plan standpoint, probably? Or from a player perspective. If its player, then I disagree. During the Rex era, the Jets have drafted more offense than defense 14-7. His first order of business was a QB, swing and miss. He's brought in players like Holmes, Edwards, LT, Burress, Mason, etc. Some worked, some didnt...but who cares, their QB miss was the real problem.

Your last comment is misunderstood IMO. Rex wants a great offense, he just doesnt know that side of the ball. He needs someone who can identify talent and install a system to the strengths of the team....and a QB.

Who knows who's calling the shots. Maybe some firings might help sort that out, but I'm not putting a lot of stock in the media smear campaign that is going on.

And won all of 9 games and barely amde the playoffs. Rushing the ball, ground and pound, establishing the run, all bullhsheet cliches. Several teams have made the Super Bowl recently despite bing lousya t running the ball. Throw the ball or die.

Which is why when Ryan says ground and pound he needs to be hit in the head with a shovel.

You mean from a coaching/game plan standpoint, probably? Or from a player perspective. If its player, then I disagree. During the Rex era, the Jets have drafted more offense than defense 14-7. His first order of business was a QB, swing and miss. He's brought in players like Holmes, Edwards, LT, Burress, Mason, etc. Some worked, some didnt...but who cares, their QB miss was the real problem.

Your last comment is misunderstood IMO. Rex wants a great offense, he just doesnt know that side of the ball. He needs someone who can identify talent and install a system to the strengths of the team....and a QB.

Who knows who's calling the shots. Maybe some firings might help sort that out, but I'm not putting a lot of stock in the media smear campaign that is going on.

Really quite comical...this smear campaign...all we can do is guess as to the motives...maybe Manish will write a book and let everyone know.

Thanks for the great line earlier...2010 was a great year to be a Jets Fan!

Not sure which NFL teams you watch, but typical protocol is that if any of the components of team are failing in performance, it is the head coach that is held accountable. He does not get to pick and choose areas that only he is held to standards for.

Rex had his chance last off season to fix this off season. He has given us Sparano, an outdated ground and pound philosophy, and unlimited loyalty to a failing qb.

Never said any different. But I'm not buying these reports.

Rex always takes responsibility for the teams performance any time I've seen him talk in a public forum.

Never said any different. But I'm not buying these reports.

Rex always takes responsibility for the teams performance any time I've seen him talk in a public forum.

Taking responsibility is not saying "it is on me". Taking responsibility is FIXING it.

He has not fixed unattributed quotes from his locker room.

He has not fixed unattributed quotes from his staff.

He has not fixed the offense, and has actually made it worse.

That will get you fired in many places

And won all of 9 games and barely amde the playoffs. Rushing the ball, ground and pound, establishing the run, all bullhsheet cliches. Several teams have made the Super Bowl recently despite bing lousya t running the ball. Throw the ball or die.

Which is why when Ryan says ground and pound he needs to be hit in the head with a shovel.

And had a rookie QB, who was the worst in the league by every standard, yet still some how managed to make a deep run in the playoffs. The fact Rex's first move as a HC was to get a QB, shows that he wants to be able to throw the Football whenever they want. He just missed. Lots have and it typically costs them their job. lol

Ground and pound is just a saying. But I think its interesting to note that of the top 10 teams in rush attempts, 8 of them are going to the post season. Seahawks, Texans, Patriots, Redskins, Chiefs, Jets, 49'ers, Vikings, Broncos, Bears - in that order.

Really quite comical...this smear campaign...all we can do is guess as to the motives...maybe Manish will write a book and let everyone know.

Thanks for the great line earlier...2010 was a great year to be a Jets Fan!

Its strange. No doubt. The media is turning the NFL is into the WWF.

You're welcome! Hands down my favorite year as a Jets fan. Heartbreaking finish. But I believed all the way to that back breaking 3rd down conversion by Big Ben, was convinced we'd score if we got the ball back. lol. Oh well.

Taking responsibility is not saying "it is on me". Taking responsibility is FIXING it.

He has not fixed unattributed quotes from his locker room.

He has not fixed unattributed quotes from his staff.

He has not fixed the offense, and has actually made it worse.

That will get you fired in many places

He can only coach who he has available. This offense is going to get people fired, no doubt. The victims should indicate who was really pulling the strings. If thats Rex Ryan, he 100% deserves it.

A good QB quiets all. Look at Seattle. This is the same people that traded for Whitehurst and then Flynn. Redskins brought in a washed up McNabb and Grossman, but struck gold now.

Jets just happened to strike out with Sanchez. Maybe they get it right next time.

A good QB quiets all. Look at Seattle. This is the same people that traded for Whitehurst and then Flynn. Redskins brought in a washed up McNabb and Grossman, but struck gold now.

Jets just happened to strike out with Sanchez. Maybe they get it right next time.

Pretty much. Unfortunately, I dont trust anyone on the current regime to find a QB.

I think Rex is so much like his father. he doesnt like offense. He doesnt like the way the league operates with it favoring offense and QB's. Rex wants to stand on the podium with the trophy telling everyone I told you I could win with my defense. Its in his ego...its in his blood.

Buddy was probably the most divisive coach ever and I dont think rex is too far behind

I think Rex is so much like his father. he doesnt like offense. He doesnt like the way the league operates with it favoring offense and QB's. Rex wants to stand on the podium with the trophy telling everyone I told you I could win with my defense. Its in his ego...its in his blood.

Buddy was probably the most divisive coach ever and I dont think rex is too far behind

Maybe. I doubt it. I think he knows you need to score to win. How many great defensive performances has he watched squander away because of the offense? He knows.

Archived