Rex opens his mouth and trouble comes again

faba

Showalter snaps back at Rex Ryan

Loading... Share No Thanks Must Read?Thank YouYes     42

17 hours ago

BALTIMORE (AP) — Orioles manager Buck Showalter has some advice for New York Jets coach Rex Ryan: Mind your own business and worry about your own team.

Ryan suggested the Orioles should have played on the road on Sept. 5 so that the defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens could open at home instead of playing at Denver.

Ryan said Thursday, ``You've got 81 at home, maybe you could have done the right thing and given one up.''

Showalter on Friday said of Ryan: ``I'd be a little more concerned about Nov. 24 when the Jets come here and try to figure out a way to beat the Ravens.''

Showalter added, ``I try to stay out of things I don't know about. I would stay in what is my area of supposed expertise.''

The Associated Press

Showalter had to say something.  His professional sport and his own team was attacked by the head coach of another sport. 

Rex was just trying to be friendly to the Ravens, but football and baseball have a cordial relationship, at least on the surface, in the cities where they both play. Rex probably should have said nothing.

Archived