Is Kyle Wilson ready to be the starting CB?

joewilly12

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He already was the starter for just about all of last season.  He's far from great, but at least showed some improvement over the course of the season and while there were numerous factors that played into this (like the horrid offense and run D), the fact still remains that the Jets were the #2 ranked pass D with him starting.  The only point is, he wasn't last season nor is he now amongst the Jets' biggest problems.  That said, he's probably a good bet to be a goner once his contract is up (which still has 2 more years on it) and I'm sure they'll look to upgrade the position at some point, but they'll make do with him for the time being.  They've got much bigger priorities to address than #2 CB.

I just think trying to replace the star that got away, that early, off the bat, basically with the pick you got for him, is always a really bad idea.

yea but its not because we lost our CB that we would draft milliner. He would just be a great draft pick at 9 for about anyone. People are comparing him to revis too but hes definitly going top 6 imo

the fact still remains that the Jets were the #2 ranked pass D with him starting.

10th, but no one's really counting. The only thing the pass defense ranked 2 in was raw yards allowed.

Wilson's alright enough probably, depending on how the rest of the defense looks. 

yea but its not because we lost our CB that we would draft milliner. He would just be a great draft pick at 9 for about anyone. People are comparing him to revis too but hes definitly going top 6 imo

I agree he's probably gone anyway. But I just think when you trade a star for a pick, make that pick as sure a thing as you can get..but at a different position..a la I thought the Mangold pick for Abraham was money. Also, why I'd like Warmack with the pick. Bc you're gonna get that added pressure.

For me it's like, if I'm a Bills fan, taking one of the OGs would suck. It's like, even if they're great, well, it's a wash sorta. A money swap per se.

Even in the scenario of losing an all pro FA and then taking that position in the first round to replace your all pro is kinda, blah. It's like unnecessary comparisons etc.

10th, but no one's really counting. The only thing the pass defense ranked 2 in was raw yards allowed.

Wilson's alright enough probably, depending on how the rest of the defense looks. 

So the thing that they were ranked 2nd in was the thing I said they were ranked 2nd in, huh?  Go figure.

He's horrible. I remember thinking how can anyone be this highly touted when they never know where the ball is? That's when he was a rook... certainly he would adjust and be able to cover. He didn't and he can't ... but like everyone else has said he's done after this season.

Nice way of saying he is not elite....not even good!

how the hell did you come to that conclusion from what you bolded ? I think Wilson has the skills to be a good player he does seem to cover very well it may come down to a few adjustments.

how the hell did you come to that conclusion from what you bolded ? I think Wilson has the skills to be a good player he does seem to cover very well it may come down to a few adjustments.

Because the part that i bolded essentially separates the men from the boys as far as CB skills are concerned.

Because the part that i bolded essentially separates the men from the boys as far as CB skills are concerned.

Revis has never been a big INT guy he plays the receiver as well, so is he a boy ??? Doubt it/ Once again you can guard a receiver and make a play on the ball to knock it down which is what Revis does more often than not hes not a chance taker like some CB's with big INT numbers. Wilson needs to improve in getting his head around quick enough to knock the ball down like Revis does and once he gets that going I think he can be a good player and i think him not doing it is what troubles him the most

Revis has never been a big INT guy he plays the receiver as well, so is he a boy ??? Doubt it/ Once again you can guard a receiver and make a play on the ball to knock it down which is what Revis does more often than not hes not a chance taker like some CB's with big INT numbers.

But being able to turn around and know where the ball is helps. WHich Revis can do and Wilson cannot. If you do not do not that you are suspectible to PI penalties. Which Kyle WIlson gets caught for more times than i would like.

Revis has never been a big INT guy he plays the receiver as well, so is he a boy ??? Doubt it/ Once again you can guard a receiver and make a play on the ball to knock it down which is what Revis does more often than not hes not a chance taker like some CB's with big INT numbers. Wilson needs to improve in getting his head around quick enough to knock the ball down like Revis does and once he gets that going I think he can be a good player and i think him not doing it is what troubles him the most

But can that be taught OR you gotta have nature given talent to be able to do that. I think later is the case. I just do not think WIlson has the ability to do that and it cannot be taught!

revis was just replaced with cro. Bam replaceable

People were complaining about Cro, too, before last year. As far as cornerbacks go, we've been spoiled.

Which is probably a good thing though, because as far as quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends and pass rushers go, we've been anything but spoiled.

People were complaining about Cro, too, before last year. As far as cornerbacks go, we've been spoiled.

Which is probably a good thing though, because as far as quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends and pass rushers go, we've been anything but spoiled.

the sad life of a jets fan

Archived