Braylon

stoicsentry

Something tells me Braylon will still be available after the draft.

Ya think? lol

As the draft approaches, teams wait. It happens every year. You get a rouge signing here and there but once April roles around, the signing frenzy typically slows down and teams see what they yield out of the draft before they start filling the roster with players like Braylon.

Idzik was in Seattle last year when they cut Braylon. I'm sure he's got a file on him that's not too complimentary.

Yep

He was cut during the season which indicates to me that he was making a pain in the rear end of himself.  Nobody left on the O staff that is really going to push for him.  Sanchez has little to say, and it appears neither does Rex.

Braylon seemed to have something left the two games he played for the Jets last year, but i don't think anyone is going to howl for him except some fans, like me,

Something tells me Braylon will still be available after the draft. 

Idzik was in Seattle last year when they cut Braylon. I'm sure he's got a file on him that's not too complimentary.

Both of these things I'm sure are factors plus, with the exception of Pace who they brought back for nothing and could potentially be starting (and was cut anyway), it seems as though they're leaving all of their own FAs out there in hopes that they still get picked up and add to the Jets' potential pile of comp picks next year.  If they walk away from the draft and still have needs at those positions, then I can see them looking back at guys like Edwards or Brandon Moore, but I'm sure Idzik figures if he can walk away from the draft with those positions filled and then end up having more picks coming his way if some other team comes in and picks them up, then he's coming out way ahead.

Sanchez and the offense went to crap after Braylon left.

He's cheap.  Sign him.

The offense and Sanchez were pretty much crap when he was here.  And FWIW, Sanchez broke the franchise record for TD's in a single season after Braylon left and the offense actually stayed exactly the same at 13th overall in total points.

The offense and Sanchez were pretty much crap when he was here.  And FWIW, Sanchez broke the franchise record for TD's in a single season after Braylon left and the offense actually stayed exactly the same at 13th overall in total points.

Way to give the offense credit for the ridiculous field position.  Defense gave up 5th fewest yards, and when they gave up a TD or a FG - often as a result of Sanchez turning the ball over - McKnight was averaging 40 yards per KO return for most of the season.  That's how a team is 13th in points (which incorporates defensive and special teams scoring) while being a lowly 25th in yards and even lowlier 27th in yards per offensive play.  

In 2011, Sanchez's 6.4 yards per pass attempt was identical to Tim Tebow's and 0.1 better than Curtis Painter's.  Three months after that Jets' season ended, Tannenbaum gave him an extension that guaranteed >$20M over the next 2 years.

The guy is and was total garbage.  

Does anyone think he would make the team better next season? I just saw this article, and the author doesn't really give a fair assessment of Bray last season. He was coming off of knee surgery, and when he came back, the team totally sucked and he didn't know Sporano's moronic system (actually, I don't think Sporano even knew his own system).

Personally, I think he should be signed on. He's still a good receiver and since it looks like, by some genuine miracle (or curse) that the complete waste known as Mark Sanchez will somehow be playing next season, Bray has a QB whom he knows and had a little success with.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/04/24/2013-nfl-draft-new-york-jets-should-make-offense-the-top-priority-with-13th-pick/

Way to give the offense credit for the ridiculous field position.  Defense gave up 5th fewest yards, and when they gave up a TD or a FG - often as a result of Sanchez turning the ball over - McKnight was averaging 40 yards per KO return for most of the season.  That's how a team is 13th in points (which incorporates defensive and special teams scoring) while being a lowly 25th in yards and even lowlier 27th in yards per offensive play.  

In 2011, Sanchez's 6.4 yards per pass attempt was identical to Tim Tebow's and 0.1 better than Curtis Painter's.  Three months after that Jets' season ended, Tannenbaum gave him an extension that guaranteed >$20M over the next 2 years.

The guy is and was total garbage.  

They were also top 3 teams in the league in the Red Zone that season.

Take that!

They were also top 3 teams in the league in the Red Zone that season.

Take that!

Those scoring stats don't take into account field position we start at, and certainly don't account for QB/offense fumbles and picks that resulted in TDs (as opposed to those that were mere turnovers).  Turnovers and scoring turnovers are not the same but offensive ranking stats treat them like they are.  If an offense scores 3 points, but gives up two fumble return TDs and fumbles another deep enough in our own territory where the other team could kneel 3x and still kick a FG, the offense is credited with 3 points.  In reality they scored -14 points.

These are the top-10 defenses we played that year: 

Baltimore (#3, avg 16.6 ppg) 

Philadelphia (#10, avg 20.4 ppg)

Miami (#6, avg 19.6 ppg)

Baltimore: our offense scored 3 points and surrendered 17 points.  Offense actually net scored -14 points.

Philadelphia: our offense scored 16 points

Miami: our offense scored 17 points and 17 points (with 7 completely meaningless)

-14, 16, 17, 17.  A sterling 9 ppg average.  That's what Sanchez & company did against defenses that weren't trash.  But hey, we put up 34 points on Washington, 7 of which they literally allowed Greene to walk into the EZ after recovering an onside kick with under 2 min left, where a smart team stops & kneels on the 1.

Our 2011 offense was garbage. 

Those scoring stats don't take into account field position we start at, and certainly don't account for QB/offense fumbles and picks that resulted in TDs (as opposed to those that were mere turnovers).  Turnovers and scoring turnovers are not the same but offensive ranking stats treat them like they are.  If an offense scores 3 points, but gives up two fumble return TDs and fumbles another deep enough in our own territory where the other team could kneel 3x and still kick a FG, the offense is credited with 3 points.  In reality they scored -14 points.

Miami (#6, avg 19.6 ppg)

Baltimore: our offense scored 3 points and surrendered 17 points.  Offense actually net scored -14 points.

Miami: our offense scored 17 points and 17 points (with 7 completely meaningless)

-14, 16, 17, 17.  A sterling 9 ppg average.  That's what Sanchez & company did against defenses that weren't trash.  But hey, we put up 34 points on Washington, 7 of which they literally allowed Greene to walk into the EZ after recovering an onside kick with under 2 min left, where a smart team stops & kneels on the 1.

All because we didn't have Braylon!!

Miami (#6, avg 19.6 ppg)

Red. Zone. Efficiency. 

If Holmes can't go I am all for bringing Braylon back to have a vet out there. But if Holmes is a go I dont want to lose a possible young WR who could be here for a few seasons so Braylon can have a roster spot.

No that's Tebow.  Braylon will def make sense for Sanchez.  I don't know why this team doesn't stick with what works 

Um... he didn't exactly set the world on fire in his return last year.  He doesn't work.  The offense sucked whether he was here or not.  In 2012 with the Jets he put zero points on the board and caught 10 balls in 3 starts. I'm pretty sure that the team didn't break 20 points in any game after his return.  He is the kind of guy you sign if you have nobody due to injury or other problem and you do so after opening day so that he isn't guaranteed.  

Archived