Sanchez vs Smith

NCJETSFAN

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a Giant troll has started a topic --or Kim Jones aka miss Flicka the horse face---Geno passed for 4k 42 tds and 7 ints and this guy wants John Elway

John Elway's teeth are bigger than Geno Smith's hands.

So we can't say anything bad about the jets?

Do u really think geno is a top QB in this league .

My prob is they are rebuilding and prob will win between 2 - 4 games and we will be possible a qb pick again and therefore geno was a wasted pick!!

If u wanna rebuild then be bad it's the only way

They way I see it both of these guys on there best days are maybe a 15 th best qb so it doesn't matter who starts we still need a franchise QB!!

If Geno Smith is the 15th best QB on his best days, he's already about league average as a rookie.

So we can't say anything bad about the jets?

Do u really think geno is a top QB in this league .

My prob is they are rebuilding and prob will win between 2 - 4 games and we will be possible a qb pick again and therefore geno was a wasted pick!!

If u wanna rebuild then be bad it's the only way

Wow...your posts are getting worse by the second. Do us a favor and not post anymore, please?

Geno was a 2nd round pick that hasn't even played a football snap yet and you are talking as if we sold the farm for the kid.

Bill Walsh said Draft a QB every year, I don't know the real knock on Geno. He's a steal in the 2nd on potential alone. He was very accurate in Collage. Something we lacked with Sanchez.

If he ant the guy and we have to go Q.B next year it means you could have a quality cheap backup.

Zero downside, besides the injury to Dave G would have ment Sanchez would have been our 100% starter for 2013.

You know this how? Just "because"? There is zero evidence one way or the other, and we're in June. No one knows who will start yet, not even Rex or Marty.

We all know how this movie ends. We've all seen it before. Smith is too raw and not ready. No sense in throwing him out there if he isn't ready. After the bye week, sure but not week 1.

We all know how this movie ends. We've all seen it before. Smith is too raw and not ready. No sense in throwing him out there if he isn't ready. After the bye week, sure but not week 1.

Actually no we haven't seen "how this movie ends", at all.  The Jets haven't had a legitimate QB competition since......when, exactly?  And we have nothing to compare it to in the NFL currently.

On one hand, we have a QB who is mind-numbingly bad, who runs into his linemen and fumbles, and throws interceptions to defensive linemen.  On the other, we have a very talented QB who had a stellar college career and has the prototypical physical attributes to be a successful QB, but who is extremely raw.

What "movies" have you been watching where the above scenario is the case, and is so easy to predict?

Actually no we haven't seen "how this movie ends", at all. The Jets haven't had a legitimate QB competition since......when, exactly? And we have nothing to compare it to in the NFL currently.

On one hand, we have a QB who is mind-numbingly bad, who runs into his linemen and fumbles, and throws interceptions to defensive linemen. On the other, we have a very talented QB who had a stellar college career and has the prototypical physical attributes to be a successful QB, but who is extremely raw.

What "movies" have you been watching where the above scenario is the case, and is so easy to predict?

Because this is the Jets and things never work out, ergo, Sanchez starts the first half of the season and Geno starts the second half of the season and we end up drafting another QB next season anyway.

Because this is the Jets and things never work out, ergo, Sanchez starts the first half of the season and Geno starts the second half of the season and we end up drafting another QB next season anyway.

New regimes mean new QB's.  There's no predicability here.  Rex is coaching for his job so he needs to send the best guy out there.  If its Geno, he'll start.  Anything else is mere speculation and you cannot act like you know one way or the other what will happen yet.

New regimes mean new QB's.  There's no predicability here.  Rex is coaching for his job so he needs to send the best guy out there.  If its Geno, he'll start.  Anything else is mere speculation and you cannot act like you know one way or the other what will happen yet.

what if its not geno. Do we have another season like last year?

On one hand, we have a QB who is mind-numbingly bad, who runs into his linemen and fumbles, and throws interceptions to defensive linemen.  On the other, we have a very talented QB who had a stellar college career and has the prototypical physical attributes to be a successful QB, but who is extremely raw.

For the record, Sanchez was a better prospect than Geno. Your description of Geno here easily could've applied to Sanchez in 2009. While Sanchez had quite a few fewer starts, he at least started in something of a pro-style offense. The real scary thing is that Sanchez' mental makeup was supposed to be a positive for him coming out of school (that certainly didn't stand up), while Geno's was being questioned during his senior season.

Don't fall too hard for Geno, 80, you're just asking for another heartbreak.

For the record, Sanchez was a better prospect than Geno. Your description of Geno here easily could've applied to Sanchez in 2009. While Sanchez had quite a few fewer starts, he at least started in something of a pro-style offense. The real scary thing is that Sanchez' mental makeup was supposed to be a positive for him coming out of school (that certainly didn't stand up), while Geno's was being questioned during his senior season.

Don't fall too hard for Geno, 80, you're just asking for another heartbreak.

Sanchez sucks.

Turn the clock back, what was Sanchez' calling card out of USC? Accuracy. 

The analysis of Sanchez from when he was coming out of college means less than nothing now, because we have 4 years of watching him completely suck ass in the NFL to evaluate based on.  Geno's college performance is relevant simply because it is the only data presently available to us.  What Sanchez turned out to suck ass at will have absolutely no bearing on what Geno does or doesn't turn out to suck at himself in the NFL.

The analysis of Sanchez from when he was coming out of college means less than nothing now, because we have 4 years of watching him completely suck ass in the NFL to evaluate based on.  Geno's college performance is relevant simply because it is the only data presently available to us.  What Sanchez turned out to suck ass at will have absolutely no bearing on what Geno does or doesn't turn out to suck at himself in the NFL.

Benching Sanchez doesn't make the Jets better.

what if its not geno. Do we have another season like last year?

personally speaking, i gave sanchez the benefit of the doubt last year after all, everyone is entitled to a bad year and seeing how he didnt suffer a sophmore slump i just looked at it as that but a year later.  But two bad years and actually doing even worse in his second bad year has given me all i can handle from him.  if he is the starting QB, I will root for him and hope the new offense and OC/QB Coach has fixed his double pump to his target allowing all defenders in the area to swarm on his target.  it was a total abortion of a year on the offensive side of the ball and it affected our defensive side of the ball as well.  just a total sh!t show.

Turn the clock back, what was Sanchez' calling card out of USC? Accuracy. 

I thought it was his footwork.  I remember reading articles about how little sanchez would hang out at USC practice emilating carson palmer and working on his footwork off to the side of practice.

we've seen alot of QBs come and go in the draft and when a guy isn't RG3 fast, Cam Newton big, but he's still an elite prospect, they point to accuracy.  We do have other data by the way minicamps where Sanchez is getting more reps and scoring more TD's. 

we've seen alot of QBs come and go in the draft and when a guy isn't RG3 fast, Cam Newton big, but he's still an elite prospect, they point to accuracy.  We do have other data by the way minicamps where Sanchez is getting more reps and scoring more TD's. 

More INTs to Dlinemen, too!

personally speaking, i gave sanchez the benefit of the doubt last year after all, everyone is entitled to a bad year and seeing how he didnt suffer a sophmore slump i just looked at it as that but a year later.  But two bad years and actually doing even worse in his second bad year has given me all i can handle from him.  if he is the starting QB, I will root for him and hope the new offense and OC/QB Coach has fixed his double pump to his target allowing all defenders in the area to swarm on his target.  it was a total abortion of a year on the offensive side of the ball and it affected our defensive side of the ball as well.  just a total sh!t show.

dont get me wrong i hate sanchez and was hoping hed get benched. The problem is i dont want double standards if sanchez outperforms geno in practice he should be the starter.

Archived