The Division

Lizard King

So. Objectively as possible.........

Figuring that we all play the teams below.  --- I am trying to post pic of sched. It didn't paste nicely.

Rough guess because I will be working on my actual team by team predictions tonight.

1)           Jets

2)           Pats -- No Wildcard

3)           Fish

4)           Bills

I know i post 4-12 every where and that is exactly where i think we will be. 

Pats 12-4

Dolphins 10-6

Bills 7-9

Jets 4-12

Wins- Buffalo at home, Dolphins in Miami, Raiders and Browns. 

So you're predicting the Jets are going to be 1-12 before they get their 2nd win?  lmfao.  Okay.

I know i post 4-12 every where and that is exactly where i think we will be. 

Pats 12-4

Dolphins 10-6

Bills 7-9

Jets 4-12

Wins- Buffalo at home, Dolphins in Miami, Raiders and Browns. 

Meh, Dolphins are massively overrated this offseason.  Mike Wallace isn't going to magically carry them into competency.  Pats will run away with the division again, while the Jets, Fins and Bills will all fall in around a win or two away from each other, just like the past two years.  If this year's (seemingly) tougher schedule is going to be such an impossible mountain for the Jets to climb, it's not going to be any easier for those 2 teams.

Meh, Dolphins are massively overrated this offseason.  Mike Wallace isn't going to magically carry them into competency.  Pats will run away with the division again, while the Jets, Fins and Bills will all fall in around a win or two away from each other, just like the past two years.  If this year's (seemingly) tougher schedule is going to be such an impossible mountain for the Jets to climb, it's not going to be any easier for those 2 teams.

I don't think the Fins are overrated at all. I had forgotten about Wallace, but I think Tannehill is better than anyone on this board gives him credit for. 

I will admit that I may have over rated the bills, but i still think 6-10 at worst for them. 

Dolphins definitely won the offseason in the AFCE...but truth is, top to bottom, they might have the best roster in the division.  Problem for this is, Tom Brady.  Pats probably have the worst roster outside of Brady and Wilfat but will still walk away with the division.

That is exactly what I am saying. Okay.

Sweet.  If we've seen anything with Rex Ryan teams, its that a 1-12 start is totally reasonable. lmfao

Dolphins definitely won the offseason in the AFCE...but truth is, top to bottom, they might have the best roster in the division.  Problem for this is, Tom Brady.  Pats probably have the worst roster outside of Brady and Wilfat but will still walk away with the division.

Sweet.  If we've seen anything with Rex Ryan teams, its that a 1-12 start is totally reasonable. lmfao

Truth is I dont know the schedule, just who we are playing. So if it works to 1-12 than that is what it works to.  and you can LMFAO all you want, but it doesn't change what I said. 

I don't think the Fins are overrated at all. I had forgotten about Wallace, but I think Tannehill is better than anyone on this board gives him credit for. 

I will admit that I may have over rated the bills, but i still think 6-10 at worst for them. 

I'll believe it when I see it with the Dolphins.  People like to point to all of the talk around the Jets in recent years, but we've been hearing this crap about how the Dolphins were finally going to turn it around for many years now, and it never happens.  The only time they did a damn thing at any point in recent history, they needed two teams in the division to lose their QBs to injury and even then all they could do was make the playoffs off of tiebreakers and then get absolutely embarrassed in their one playoff game.  It's great in theory that they supposedly have finally gotten their crap together, but we've heard this plenty of times before with them.

Truth is I dont know the schedule, just who we are playing. So if it works to 1-12 than that is what it works to.  and you can LMFAO all you want, but it doesn't change what I said. 

The same "Tough Teams" like the Falcons, Steelers, and Saints are going to cause just as much trouble this year for New England as they will for us. I base that off of, a bad New England D facing strong offenses, weakened NE Offense from losing Hernandez as well as Gronk's questionable health. I think those teams wins almost consistently across all members of the Division, with the exception that our defense has a legitimate shot of stopping those offenses. Where we may stop some points, the Patriots may put some up, so my money is on a net-effect.

Therefore I am looking at the strength of  this year's mutual schedule as an equalizer to us against the rest of the division.

So then with that in mind, the argument has to come down to a few individual match ups between the rest of the division and the aforementioned opponents, other intra-divisional play, and then us versus the division.

Like I said, things need to be evaluated, but I think our chances are better than being given credit for.

Also just watching this pessimistic side of the boat get even more crowded, I take some gut consideration that the Jets tend to do better in underdog years.

Anyway I have $100 at 18-1 because there are much worse bets.

Cool, tough guy.  Well there you go.  Thats how it would go down.  The Jets would be 1-12 by your logic.

I'll believe it when I see it with the Dolphins.  People like to point to all of the talk around the Jets in recent years, but we've been hearing this crap about how the Dolphins were finally going to turn it around for many years now, and it never happens.  The only time they did a damn thing at any point in recent history, they needed two teams in the division to lose their QBs to injury and even then all they could do was make the playoffs off of tiebreakers and then get absolutely embarrassed in their one playoff game.  It's great in theory that they supposedly have finally gotten their crap together, but we've heard this plenty of times before with them.

True.  And I'm just saying if you went position by position roster vs. roster, the Dolphins would probably be the paper champs. 

Cool, tough guy.  Well there you go.  Thats how it would go down.  The Jets would be 1-12 by your logic.

True.  And I'm just saying if you went position by position roster vs. roster, the Dolphins would probably be the paper champs. 

They said the same thing about Buffalo for a few years before this past season.  Aint sh!t, aint gunna be sh!t...

Well then that is what's happening. LMFAO

i'm not gonna make an exactl prediction because i don't really care that much but i will say that i think the pats and fins will probably be fighting for the division but that the winner will be no better than 9-7. the jets and bills will be somewhere around 5-11 to 8-8

in other words i think the division will become a mediocre division and that it will be anyone's for the taking in the next few year, where i hope the jets will finally become a dominant team for a run

Figuring that we all play the teams below.  --- I am trying to post pic of sched. It didn't paste nicely.

Rough guess because I will be working on my actual team by team predictions tonight.

1)           Jets

3)           Fish

4)           Bills

YOU_DONT_SAY.png

If the Patriots receivers perform as bad as they did in 2006, I could see the Patriots winning only 9 wins.

I am having trouble seeing the Jets winning 9 or 10 games.

1)           Jets

3)           Fish

4)           Bills

How do the Jets win the division with no QB?

Have Sports Illustrated picked the Dolphins to win the Superbowl yet? Here's hoping they do soon, so it can confirm that they'll suck for another decade.

If the Jets do nothing else this season, they must finish higher than the f*cking Dolphins. 

Your big weapon this year is, Danny Amendola?

I've seen several instances of Jets fans bashing Danny Amendola. Mark my words this guy will be an absolute stud for the Pats. He went to Texas Tech just like Wes Welker, and just like Welker he's sure handed and runs sharp routes, especially out of the slot. No one remembers Wes Welker was a kick returner and WR3 when he was with the fins. With the Pats, in that system, with Brady throwing to him, he became Wes Welker All Pro. That's what will happen to Danny Amendola. Write it down. 

I've seen several instances of Jets fans bashing Danny Amendola. Mark my words this guy will be an absolute stud for the Pats. He went to Texas Tech just like Wes Welker, and just like Welker he's sure handed and runs sharp routes, especially out of the slot. No one remembers Wes Welker was a kick returner and WR3 when he was with the fins. With the Pats, in that system, with Brady throwing to him, he became Wes Welker All Pro. That's what will happen to Danny Amendola. Write it down.

Ok I will take the other side of that. You don't strike lightning in a bottle twice, especially when everyone knows you are going to use the same strategy. Hernandez was key in keeping defenses honest, he really screwed that pooch up. See how the draft picks do but not gonna just go throwing my unconditional praise at Brady and Belichick on this one.

True. And I'm just saying if you went position by position roster vs. roster, the Dolphins would probably be the paper champs.

Meh. They lost Jake Long and want to lean on a Sophmore QB with questionable blind-side protection.

I also like our DL to theirs, and the potential of our secondary.

He has no weapons? No wepponz? Wait, I know I'm not doing it right but I forget how it goes.  No weaponz? *sigh*

What do you want to bet he doesn't turn the ball over two dozen times, and still passes for ~4000 yards & 25-35 TDs and maybe 10-12 picks max, even with no weppinzz?

He has no weapons? No wepponz? Wait, I know I'm not doing it right but I forget how it goes.  No weaponz? *sigh*

What do you want to bet he doesn't turn the ball over two dozen times, and still passes for ~4000 yards & 25-35 TDs and maybe 10-12 picks max, even with no weppinzz?

Womp womp womp

Gronk may miss season opener recovering from surgery.

You guys are gonna be tough to gameplan.

What does that have to do with the Jets having no QB? The fans are already booing Sanchez and the Jets havent played a preseason game.

Sanchez wont last 6 games.

Archived