The OFFICIAL Preseason Game 1 Gameday Thread

gangreenman

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick observation, Geno Smith CAN NOT run the Read Option offense, IF he starts, and they force this on him he will fail miserably, he is a pocket passer that can move on occasion when the opportunity presents it self.  MAYBE with A LOT of practice at it he could be OK on occasion, but from what I just saw he has no idea about the proper read, or has no interest in actually pulling it down, and keeping it himself.  On the FB trap if he keeps that, and runs the option left with Powell thats a 20+ yard gain, and with a big time playmaker a TD.

Think this stunts Smith's growth in the NFL, and M Sanchez will start the year.

Quick observation, Geno Smith CAN NOT run the Read Option offense, IF he starts, and they force this on him he will fail miserably, he is a pocket passer that can move on occasion when the opportunity presents it self.  MAYBE with A LOT of practice at it he could be OK on occasion, but from what I just saw he has no idea about the proper read, or has no interest in actually pulling it down, and keeping it himself.  On the FB trap if he keeps that, and runs the option left with Powell thats a 20+ yard gain, and with a big time playmaker a TD.

Think this stunts Smith's growth in the NFL, and M Sanchez will start the year.

I don't get the reason behind this at all.  They didn't really let Tebow do this last year and he is that kind of QB.  

Smith is more the traditional pocket passer. He's not going get you 500 yards rushing in a season.  So what is the point of this?    

It just gets back to sometimes the Jets don't seem to have a clue who the hell is on their team.    Forcing Smith into trying a Read option offense never made sense and I hope they don't ever do it again.   Did they not watch the guy in college at all?   

You typically shouldn't draw many conclusions used on preseason games. But it's the same sheet-no offense. Neil Glat-your colorless team president. Ticket sales are great! PSLs-a great deal! 

New security procedures; you are a criminal by virtue of going to an NFL game. 

"Entertainment elements"-YEAH!

You typically shouldn't draw many conclusions used on preseason games. But it's the same sheet-no offense. Neil Glat-your colorless team president. Ticket sales are great! PSLs-a great deal! 

New security procedures; you are a criminal by virtue of going to an NFL game. 

"Entertainment elements"-YEAH!

Racist.

On the plus side, the top ten of the 2014 draft is STACKED.

1. Jadeveon Clowney DE SC

2. Teddy Bridgewater QB Lousville

3. Taylor Lewan OT UMich

4. Anthony Barr OLB UCLA

5. Marqise Lee WR USC

6. Tajh Boyd QB Clemson

7. Anthony Sefarian-Jones TE Washington

8. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

9. Bradley Roby CB Ohio State

10. David Fales QB San Jose State

What I see is the makings of a playoff team.  I am really happy.  A few things to be cleaned up, all easy to fix.  I predicted a Jets loss tonight and a win against the Jaguars. 

Things are coming along nicely.

What I see is the makings of a playoff team. I am really happy. A few things to be cleaned up, all easy to fix. I predicted a Jets loss tonight and a win against the Jaguars.

Things are coming along nicely.

Reminder: Max would suck a D for a press pass.

Archived