Santonio Holmes Foot Injury (MERGED)

joewilly12

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more.  I don't like Woody, never have, but he did nothing wrong with Revis.  Revis was a pain in the ass from the time the Jets drafted him.  His uncle, Sean Gilbert, had one of the worst attitudes in the history of the NFL, and he counseled Revis well.  Revis held out or threatened to every time.  I'm not gonna wish an injury on him, but as far as I'm concerned I won't shed a tear if he can never play again.  I despise his greedy ass.

You are so brain washed by the old way of thinking, the way of thinking the owners want everyone to beleive is correct!

Please tell me how Revis is being greedy in comparison to every single NFL OWNER, please oh please tell me how! Revis is talking in MILLIONS, and every single NFL owner is talking in BILLIONS, and soon to be TRILLIONS if our dumb asses don't stop letting them take advantage of our wallets! I find it unthinkable to to say a player who is just trying to get his piece of the pie before the game spits him out, and he has nothing left, while the owners keep on GREEDILY sucking everyone dry year after year with only death, or their own stupidity to stop them, the players have a shelf life, and they need to get every single dollar possible in that shelf life if this game is going to be treated like a business plain, and simple, the owners have no such shelf life.

You are so brain washed by the old way of thinking, the way of thinking the owners want everyone to beleive is correct!

Please tell me how Revis is being greedy in comparison to every single NFL OWNER, please oh please tell me how! Revis is talking in MILLIONS, and every single NFL owner is talking in BILLIONS, and soon to be TRILLIONS if our dumb asses don't stop letting them take advantage of our wallets! I find it unthinkable to to say a player who is just trying to get his piece of the pie before the game spits him out, and he has nothing left, while the owners keep on GREEDILY sucking everyone dry year after year with only death, or their own stupidity to stop them, the players have a shelf life, and they need to get every single dollar possible in that shelf life if this game is going to be treated like a business plain, and simple, the owners have no such shelf life.

Trillions? Lol

What interests is he protecting? He's almost assuredly going to get cut this year, you'd think he'd want to showcase his abilities this year to get that last contract.  And not for nothing, but "old man?? Cimini?? Most reports were that he was jumping around in place while catching balls and looking anything but old.  

Its training camp, he probably wants to avoid the entire camp and miraculously be able to play a week before the season starts. I don't think he's going to milk the season at all. Hopefully he will be cut at seasons end. I would be willing to bet Idzik wants his ass out of here as well. The Jets will probably have a lot of cap money available to them in the next few years and they already have a young defense so look for them to revamp the skill positions on offense and give this team a chance to contend once again. If Idzik does want to get the offense rolling Holmes will be the last person he wants influencing new arrivals and young players.

I am not brainwashed.  If anything, imo, you're the one who sounds brainwashed.

Revis held out before he had even played a down in the NFL.  How's that just trying to get his due?  He held out every subsequent time.  He was never satisfied with just being very highly paid, he wanted to be the highest paid player at his position in the NFL.  That's greed pure and simple, my man.  Teams have salary caps and there are 52 other players to fit in under that cap. CB  is nowhere near the most important position on a football team and doesn't deserve QB type money, yet that's what he not only wanted, but demanded.  $16 million a year for a CB is absurd and nothing but greed.  Sorry if you can't see that.

If he makes it back and contributes, I don't see how he's not pulling for Geno.  Holmes, for all his faults, is actually a damned good route runner with the ability to make things happen after the catch, provided he has a QB who's accurate and can lead him, something the chez is not.  As much as I want him off the team, I would be very interested to see what a healthy Holmes could do with Geno at the helm.  

Rex says Santonio has been “phenomenal” this offseason

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 12, 2013, 6:56 PM

Jets coach Rex Ryan doesn’t buy any talk that receiver Santonio Holmes

is milking his injury

because he wants to miss training camp, or that Holmes cares more about getting a new contract next year than he cares about helping the Jets this year.

Asked if he senses that Holmes is not trying to return as soon as possible, Ryan answered, “No, just the opposite. It’s just the opposite.”

Holmes has not practiced or played since suffering a Lisfranc injury in Week Four of the 2012 season, and Ryan says he doesn’t question at all whether Holmes is doing all he can to rehab the injury and get back on the field as soon as he can.

“Look, every one of them, even, it’s a Lisfranc injury or whatever, but they’re all different,” Ryan said. “I know a lot has been made of other guys who had the injury later than him and are on the practice field now. Every player’s different. The injury, there could be different severities and all that stuff. But I can tell you this about Holmes, he is doing everything that we’re asking him to do and he is pushing it like crazy. He’s in phenomenal shape, that’s probably as good of shape condition-wise as you can be in.”

Ryan said he is “encouraged” by the progress Holmes has made, and that no one is working harder than Holmes.

“Like I said, he is doing a phenomenal job with his rehab and he’s in there more than anybody. I mean, it’s not even close,” Ryan said.

For his part, Holmes told reporters today that he has made progress in his recovery. But he answered “no comment” when asked about talk that he’s not doing all he can to get back on the field. On that front, Ryan will comment for Holmes, and say that the Jets are satisfied with his work.

He told all the beat guys he couldn't run yet, then one of them produced a video of him running today. Some chicanery going on.

I saw that video...I think I can actually run faster than he was running.  It was more like a light jog.  It's not like he was running full speed, not even close.

Edit:

Here it is (not sure how to embed this so if someone else wants to, be my guest:

http://instagram.com/p/c6sqRbwVco/

I saw that video...I think I can actually run faster than he was running.  It was more like a light jog.  It's not like he was running full speed, not even close.

Edit:

Here it is (not sure how to embed this so if someone else wants to, be my guest:

http://instagram.com/p/c6sqRbwVco/

Damn, besides the whole foot injury thing if Holmes were likable we might be hearing how he's in the best shape of his life. He looks jacked, kind of like myself but more so. 

Archived