***Official Iggles/Jets Game Thread***

Thor99

How do you know what you have there if he is making is first start? I know what i have with Geno (A mediocre QB that played in a weak conference in college and still got beat plenty that and got a lot of hype cause he was the 2nd QB taken. He wasnt the 2nd pick taken, he was the 2nd QB taken.) You say if Sanchez is healthy he starts. Why cause he YOU believe he gives us the best chance to win or cause the orginazation says so, cause im under the impression that the organization just wants the best player to play at this point. If you find a diamond in the rough youre gonna crap on it cause youre tied to a contract with the guy that pays to you to dig coal. I know the GM wants Geno and Rex wants Sanchez but everyone knows they both suck, and then this guy comes around that shows way more potential than those two QBs youre gonna ignore him? how does that make sense to you? The kid throws great. With a pocket hes got the goods to go down field and so far hes not afraid to step up in that pocket. Id rather spend 2013 grooming him the way our defense is looking...

How do you know what Geno has? I didn't want him but he gets the first crack no matter what.

Matt Simms went undrafted and then got cut last season and was picked up by nobody. He may get an opportunity at some point but you can't start him game one. That's a white flag, much like the Bills are doing.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know what you have there if he is making is first start? I know what i have with Geno (A mediocre QB that played in a weak conference in college and still got beat plenty that and got a lot of hype cause he was the 2nd QB taken. He wasnt the 2nd pick taken, he was the 2nd QB taken.) You say if Sanchez is healthy he starts. Why cause he YOU believe he gives us the best chance to win or cause the orginazation says so, cause im under the impression that the organization just wants the best player to play at this point. If you find a diamond in the rough youre gonna crap on it cause youre tied to a contract with the guy that pays to you to dig coal? I know the GM wants Geno and Rex wants Sanchez but everyone knows they both suck, and then this guy comes around that shows way more potential than those two QBs youre gonna ignore him? how does that make sense to you? The kid throws great. With a pocket hes got the goods to go down field and so far hes not afraid to step up in that pocket. Id rather spend 2013 grooming him the way our defense is looking...

You realize Matt Simms completed 47% of his passes before he lost his job to Bray at Tenn.

If Geno was mediocre in college, what the hell was Simms?

How do you know what Geno has? I didn't want him but he gets the first crack no matter what.

Matt Simms went undrafted and then got cut last season and was picked up by nobody. He may get an opportunity at some point but you can't start him game one. That's a white flag, much like the Bills are doing.

Like the Seahawks did last year? Or SF? Geno had his shot in the last game. we saw it and i wasnt as impressed. Matt Simms isnt even getting a fair shot cause he's playing backups. I dont care what QB plays i just want the best one. So far Simms arm stands out amongst the three guys by miles.

You realize Matt Simms completed 47% of his passes before he lost his job to Bray at Tenn.

If Geno was mediocre in college, what the hell was Simms?

they are on the same level correct? they both suck. But it seems to me that one of the guys that suck has a better arm than the other guys that suck.

Like the Seahawks did last year? Or SF? Geno had his shot in the last game. we saw it and i wasnt as impressed. Matt Simms isnt even getting a fair shot cause he's playing backups. I dont care what QB plays i just want the best one. So far Simms arm stands out amongst the three guys by miles.

So Geno is done after one preseason game in which offenses rarely open the play book at all? Really? I'm not a big Geno supporter but if Sanchez is really out, Geno gets first shot. If he sucks, maybe Simms get a chance or Sanchez will be healthy and he'll be back in there.

Simms stands out playing against third stringers. Cool. Good for him. That argument carries no water.

So Geno is done after one preseason game in which offenses rarely open the play book at all? Really? I'm not a big Geno supporter but if Sanchez is really out, Geno gets first shot. If he sucks, maybe Simms get a chance or Sanchez will be healthy and he'll be back in there.

Simms stands out playing against third stringers. Cool. Good for him. That argument carries no water.

What about the one, where he has a better arm, and more NFL exposure than the new guy?

What about the one, where he has a better arm, and more NFL exposure than the new guy?

Lots of guys have had good arms and it didn't translate. And Simms is basically still a rookie. He has no more exposure than Geno.

What benefit do the NY Jets get by starting Matt Simms if Geno is healthy? None.

Lots of guys have had good arms and it didn't translate. And Simms is basically still a rookie. He has no more exposure than Geno.

What benefit do the NY Jets get by starting Matt Simms if Geno is healthy? None.

Simms has participated in two NFL training camps.  Geno, just one. 

He has taken snaps under center for longer than Geno has, and can stretch the field without staring down his primary target dink n dunk option. 

Simms has participated in two NFL training camps. Geno, just one.

He has taken snaps under center for longer than Geno has, and can stretch the field without staring down his primary target dink n dunk option.

If you're Rex Ryan and John Idzik and Mark Sanchez is out week one, who do you start? An UDFA that didn't even make a team last year or your second round pick who has been taking first team snaps all year?

If they start Simms you'll see a drop in attendance, blackouts, and causes a media firestorm and loses a ton of confidence from the fans.

Look, I understand, small sample size, facing backups all that. But Simms has looked more like an NFL QB than anyone else so far this preseason. If Sanchez had a safety and 2 fumbled complete ions he'd be peeing himself on the sidelines. Simms isn't panicking nor missing a beat. 

If you're Rex Ryan and John Idzik and Mark Sanchez is out week one, who do you start? An UDFA that didn't even make a team last year or your second round pick who has been taking first team snaps all year?

If they start Simms you'll see a drop in attendance, blackouts, and causes a media firestorm and loses a ton of confidence from the fans.

Worrying about status based on draft pick order is EXACTLY how the Jets got in this Sanchez mess. 

Come on, you know the company line:  You play whomever gives you the best chance to win football games. 

Winning games increases attendance, reduces blackouts, and the media firestorm will surround this team regardless of who is under center. 

The big-armed native kid, whose father is a legend in New York isn't going to turn fans away, if he plays well. 

Seriously? UDFA starting in the NFL for one the most media covered teams on the planet? Possible Cinderella cover story or utter sports disaster of the century? Yes, youre right, that wont sell tickets...

Archived