***Official Iggles/Jets Game Thread***

Thor99

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt simms is your starting QB for week 1, please sit him.

I would also like to say that i did not know Barkley was on Philly. I immediately noticed a change of intesity when he was on the field for the eagles. He looked legit on that drive.

Wait can we sit Simms? Is there another QB?

If Matt Simms was the Week 1 QB, he wouldn't be in this game.  No starters play Week 4 of the preseason.  You are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Ok I am sure you are right. We turn out a mean resume of QB talent.

I'm sure you're overreacting to a preseason performance. That's what I"m sure of. 

You haven't seen Smith in a regular season game but you will next week, so caution would be the better part of internet valor here.

I'm tired of this "but, but but Simms is just a UDFA" crap.

Maybe it will take injury or crap play by the other QBs for Simms to get a chance with the ones.

Look at how Brady, a 6th rounder, got his chance.

Maybe Simms is a late bloomer, or had crap teams or coaches in college. I don't watch college ball so I don't know.

All I can say is Simms has played very well in the two games where he was given playing time.

Since half of us believe this season is a throw away, why the hell not give Simms a chance?

If Matt Simms was the Week 1 QB, he wouldn't be in this game.  No starters play Week 4 of the preseason.  You are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Fine. Matt Simms is your backup QB week 1. And you say no starters play Week 4 when the Giants play their starters and the pats started Brady today i believe.

If Matt Simms was the Week 1 QB, he wouldn't be in this game. No starters play Week 4 of the preseason. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Eli Manning played.

David Wilson played.

Andre Brown played, and was injured.

It's unprecedented but it happens.

I'm tired of this "but, but but Simms is just a UDFA" crap.

Maybe it will take injury or crap play by the other QBs for Simms to get a chance with the ones.

Look at how Brady, a 6th rounder, got his chance.

Maybe Simms is a late bloomer, or had crap teams or coaches in college. I don't watch college ball so I don't know.

All I can say is Simms has played very well in the two games where he was given playing time.

Since half of us believe this season is a throw away, why the hell not give Simms a chance?

Agreed, I'm in Puerto Rico right now but I'm trying to keep up with what's going on .

I'm glad they have Simms starting today.

Woodhead

Cruz

....But It will be different this time

Cruz's epic preseason performance came in the 1st preseason game, not the 4th. 

And Woodhead ended up having less rushing yards than Mark Sanchez that year.

0-2

Simms can make throws no other QB on this roster can make. I don't care if its against toddlers or pro bowlers, the kid can do things Sanchez and Smith can't.

Smith can make throws that Sanchez can yet Sanchez was going to be named the starter.  Simms has a strong arm.  Great.  Let's see how he does against real competition.  Browning Nagle could make throws that no other Jet qb over the last twenty years could  make. How did that work out?

Starting the UDFA would do wonders for the confidence of the 2nd round pick you have 1st team reps to all preseason. There is not a single chance in hell they start Matt Simms. Not at all.

I've agreed with everything else you've said in this thread until this post.  I disagree that it would crush Geno's confidence.  He knows his fundamentals aren't right better than anyone else does.  His confidence is already gonna be sh*t until he gets his fundamentals sorted out.  I think he would totally understand and take it in stride.  

I'm not saying that Simms is better than Geno, that he has a chance of starting ahead of Geno, or should start over Geno, but if by some crazy reason it did happen, I don't think it would hurt Geno at all.  I think he's a lot better and a lot more mature than most of you seem to.

Smith can make throws that Sanchez can yet Sanchez was going to be named the starter.  Simms has a strong arm.  Great.  Let's see how he does against real competition.  Browning Nagle could make throws that no other Jet qb over the last twenty years could  make. How did that work out?

2 cuts need to happen. Jason smith and josh bush.bush made a coupla nice plays and endless bone headed plays

I'm sure you're overreacting to a preseason performance. That's what I"m sure of.

You haven't seen Smith in a regular season game but you will next week, so caution would be the better part of internet valor here.

Lol, pass me whatever you are smoking. Trying to argue that coaches who have had access to the team for six weeks, who spent the majority of the time with Sanchez and Smith, who intended to start McElroy tonight, had more of an influence over Simms than his father. You would do well opening an encyclopedia to the page on "rational thought", sleeping with it over your head tonight and hope the concept creeps in.

My point was that Simms success tonight is in part a product of his coaching this summer.  You really think that's irrational? Okay, I'm fine with that. You tell me whether or not this offense makes a qb look good or not?  I maintain that it does in spite of Geno's mistakes last week. 

Lol, pass me whatever you are smoking. Trying to argue that coaches who have had access to the team for six weeks, who spent the majority of the time with Sanchez and Smith, who intended to start McElroy tonight, had more of an influence over Simms than his father. You would do well opening an encyclopedia to the page on "rational thought", sleeping with it over your head tonight and hope the concept creeps in.

There is doubt that while MM has done a good job with Simms, his biggest influence is his dad. While Simms is an UDFA,let's also mention he's kinda unique because his dad had arguably the best day of any QB in Super Bowl history, and is right now part of the top CBS broadcast team. Wonder how this is gonna play out. It's one thing to dismiss, say the pedigree of Kurt Warner. THis is a TERRIBLE offense talent wise, but the best operator this preseason has been Simms. There may actually be more media pressure, subtle and direct, to play Simms. This is going to be interesting.

And having said all that Wrecks is a conventional wisdom braindead decision maker. Simms is the bold move. He won't consider it. "Mark Sanchez gives us the best...blah blah blah....

im all aboard the matt simms train.

just for the fact that geno doesnt deserve (he didnt win job). Unless hes been playing night and day better in practice (then geno all the way)

best players play not some sh*t if they were high draft picks or something. Thats like tryna get a job and the bosses friends son gets it without being qualified

sad to see a guy end his career on a muffed punt after dropping a perfectly thrown pass for a 35 yard gain

if they jets cut simms and keep mcelrat and simms winds up on the pats* I swear to god I'm taking the season off

Archived