Issues that need to be resolved quick.

joewilly12

Great W Geno Smith played a great game the DEFENSE is nasty!!!!!!!!   

But we need to STOP the wildcat,improve on the running game immediately (free agent rbs available?)  and re-sign Braylon Edwards.

2-0 after we beat New England Thursday night.

Discuss

we were running against the #1 rush D from a year ago so we actually did pretty well considering. Resigning Braylon is not necessary yet unless Stephen Hill crapped out a liver after the game. Cumberland, and Kerley are fine i believe and need to bring it Thurs. what needs to be fixed is our hitting. I wanna see our guys hit harder and our pass D is needs to tighten up late in the game. That is becoming (or is?) the mo of the Ryan D, play a great game and then give up the killer play in the 4th. THAT, needs to stop.

But we need to STOP the wildcat,improve on the running game immediately (free agent rbs available?) and re-sign Braylon Edwards.

Discuss

Agree on the wildcat. Early in the game, the Jets had a 3rd and 2, and they tried the wildcat. Why not run the ball or go with a screen pass?

I hope Bray is re-signed. Holmes had one good catch, but was otherwise ineffective as usual, IMO

We squeak by a bad team after getting a giant gift in the final minute and we're going to beat New England on Thursday? Jesus H. Christ.

No one was saying Tampa Bay is a bad team heading into this game.  Most had them at worst going somewhere in the 7-9 / 8-8 territory.  That's a mediocre team but not a bad one.  Our front 7 just beat the sh*t out of this team today, making them look perhaps worse than they are.

But we need to STOP the wildcat,improve on the running game immediately (free agent rbs available?)  and re-sign Braylon Edwards.

Discuss

The most important issue that needs to be resolved is our HC's overly conservative offensive strategy, and overly aggressive defensive strategy, both SHOULD have cost us the game, if he can find a happy medium with both a lot of things will fix themselves.

The most important issue that needs to be resolved is our HC's overly conservative offensive strategy, and overly aggressive defensive strategy, both SHOULD have cost us the game, if he can find a happy medium with both a lot of things will fix themselves.

Agree the play calling was questionable when we needed short yardage to get a first down.

No one was saying Tampa Bay is a bad team heading into this game.  Most had them at worst going somewhere in the 7-9 / 8-8 territory.  That's a mediocre team but not a bad one.  Our front 7 just beat the sh*t out of this team today, making them look perhaps worse than they are.

And everybody said the same about the Bills heading into last years season opener, but when that game was over the Bills were declared dog sh*t, and the Jets were still considered dog sh*t, I am going to say that will be the reaction tonight, and tomorrow just about everywhere, and they will probably be correct, but today is a good day, celebrate a good week 1 Jets win is always a great feeling, nothing like being undefeated!

And everybody said the same about the Bills heading into last years season opener, but when that game was over the Bills were declared dog sh*t, and the Jets were still considered dog sh*t, I am going to say that will be the reaction tonight, and tomorrow just about everywhere, and they will probably be correct, but today is a good day, celebrate a good week 1 Jets win is always a great feeling, nothing like being undefeated!

Sanchez sucks.

Gates and Holmes were nonexistent today. Kerley and Winslow need some help.

I agree but Edwards is not that guy, especially since Sanchez is no longer the QB (those 2 had SOME chemistry but there's no reason to believe Geno would have it with Braylon).

31 other teams aren't giving him a shot, including a few with receiving corps as bad as ours.  We should follow suit.

I agree but Edwards is not that guy, especially since Sanchez is no longer the QB (those 2 had SOME chemistry but there's no reason to believe Geno would have it with Braylon).

31 other teams aren't giving him a shot, including a few with receiving corps as bad as ours.  We should follow suit.

I don't mind it not being Braylon. I just want someone who can get open to be here. Fast or slow.. tall or short... just have hands and be able to garner the attention of someone on the D so that our playmakers can make plays instead of being stuck in double coverage. 

I don't mind it not being Braylon. I just want someone who can get open to be here. Fast or slow.. tall or short... just have hands and be able to garner the attention of someone on the D so that our playmakers can make plays instead of being stuck in double coverage. 

We'll just have to wait and see.  Idzik probably isn't going to go out and trade a 1st rounder for a receiver just because.  Next offseason we'll make the big splash.  For now I don't think Hill-Kerley-Winslow is the WORST trio for a young QB.  More importantly we HAVE to get the running game going to take some pressure off the kid.

We'll just have to wait and see.  Idzik probably isn't going to go out and trade a 1st rounder for a receiver just because.  Next offseason we'll make the big splash.  For now I don't think Hill-Kerley-Winslow is the WORST trio for a young QB.  More importantly we HAVE to get the running game going to take some pressure off the kid.

Jimmy Graham big? 

I don't necessarily want Megatron, but just someone who isn't a colossal turd like Schilens. You think we go big next off season? I don't know, I hope you're right.

I am high on them... well, on Kerley and Winslow. Cumberland > Hill. I just don't think Hill will/is anything special.

Our running game is so one dimensional. Just run up the A gap and fall on our faces to get three yards, and be super excited when somehow we get five. I hope Goodson brings something, if he ever shows up. We need some NFL sized speed.

I don't necessarily want Megatron, but just someone who isn't a colossal turd like Schilens. You think we go big next off season? I don't know, I hope you're right.

I am high on them... well, on Kerley and Winslow. Cumberland > Hill. I just don't think Hill will/is anything special.

Our running game is so one dimensional. Just run up the A gap and fall on our faces to get three yards, and be super excited when somehow we get five. I hope Goodson brings something, if he ever shows up. We need some NFL sized speed.

I imagine Idzik will be smart.  He won't blow a ton of money on any one guy but he'll make some moves.  We have like 10 draft picks too so we've got that going for us.  Gonna be a fun offseason even if this year doesn't end up being fun.

I think you guys are too worried about the run game. 

You can't take too much away from one game against a top run D.

I think the runs will be simple because the O is predicated on throwing constantly so a basic run is practically exotic.  I was happy with the way Geno used his feet.  In the past Sanchez had looked good with the rollout, but his scrambles generally seemed awkward.  Geno looked good and fast. I think Smith is a monumental work in progress at this point.  IMO they ran extra shotgun for him and he seems to stare down his receiver.  If it seems that way to us it is probably very bad on the field.

Discuss

I say we do this to everyone during that NE game. 

I think you guys are too worried about the run game. 

You can't take too much away from one game against a top run D.

I think the runs will be simple because the O is predicated on throwing constantly so a basic run is practically exotic.  I was happy with the way Geno used his feet.  In the past Sanchez had looked good with the rollout, but his scrambles generally seemed awkward.  Geno looked good and fast. I think Smith is a monumental work in progress at this point.  IMO they ran extra shotgun for him and he seems to stare down his receiver.  If it seems that way to us it is probably very bad on the field.

Teams were having trouble running the ball league-wide today it seemed.  Here's the rushing leaders today:

Terrelle Pryor:  112 yds

Shane Vereen:  101

AP:  93

Reggie Bush:  90

Steven Jackson:  77

Charles:  77

DeAngelo Williams:  76

CJ:  70

Fred Jackson;  67

Doug Martin:  65

Not very impressive.  Defenses need to get worn down a little over the course of the season until the running games get going.

Teams were having trouble running the ball league-wide today it seemed.  Here's the rushing leaders today:

Fred Jackson;  67

Not very impressive.  Defenses need to get worn down a little over the course of the season until the running games get going.

Could be these soft ass practice rules and wimpy camps.

We squeak by a bad team after getting a giant gift in the final minute and we're going to beat New England on Thursday? Jesus H. Christ.

No, Bob.  We're awesome now.  Just ask everyone who says so.  There are lots of them.  Geno is a beast and we BEAT Tampa!  Yeah!  Skill, talent and coaching led to that personal foul penalty.  not everyone is awesome enough to get those.  Wake up, man.  Its a new season.  You're just a negative doo-doo head.  But that's cool.  I am too, apparently. 

Fred Jackson;  67

Might be more accurate if you included RB's receiving yards.  more teams are goin to the "long handoff", IE: screen/dump to the RB.  Curious how the numbers change when RB receiving yards are factored in.

Archived