Where's the love? you know you expected 0-3

LionelRichie

Right now this team is playing its collective @sses off for Rex Ryan which is alot more than I can say for that other team who a has a "Countdown to Super Bowl clock" hanging in their locker room.

I don't care who the Jets beat or how they got it done the bottom line is they are 2-1 and heading to Tennessee where you can expect a very physical game Sunday against the Titans. 

Looking forward after that you have an Atlanta team that is banged up. A Steelers team that looks nothing like the Steelers team of old. A Pats team that still is finding its way. All of a sudden games that I had as blowouts against the Jets now look alot more like the Jets can make the games interesting if not flat out win (Pittsburgh)

They are not a Super Bowl team or a playoff team but right now they are fun to watch. Hopefully in December they are still fun to watch.

This team has the ability to get better in so many ways because they are so young at every position. Not only that - but the schedule which looked tough at the beginning of the season looks easier and easier every week.

Reasons the Jets can still even get better:

Coples still isn't 100%

Goodson should add another weapon once he is back (hopefully)

The defense is young across the board and should get their stunts and timing better throughout the season. That coverage mistake against NE, wont happen week 10.

Hill seems to be improving every week, which is typical of a 2nd year WR. By year 3 he will be a stud.

Holmes should get healthier over the next few weeks

If anyone can coach up Milliner, its Rex and Thurman. He should improve throughout the season as well.

There is a ton to be excited about with this team. Because they are young, I'm sure there will be some disappointments throughout the season - but overall the future looks very bright.

This defense is just totally stacked.

The o-line was a very pleasant surprise yesterday (other than the ridiculous amount of penalties). If you look at the starting five individually, you had to believe they are way better than what was shown in the first two games. And the Bills' front seven are not bad. Hopefully, they have turned the corner.

Funny how Powell suddenly looks like a serviceable RB. Smith looks like a potentially good NFL QB. The WRs had time to run their routes. It all starts and ends with the o-line.

56 sacks in one game must be an NFL franchise record. Kinda pissed I missed 48 of them.  LOL

Good post man.  We look like every week we get a little bit better and in tru Jet form a little worse.  LOL

Penalties freakishly high this games, expect that's not a trend. 

It's kind of the perfect situation if Rex does things right this week in practice.  We won but he still gets to be pissed off at the team (which is quite young) and use it as a learning experience.  A coach's dream. 

I said they'd win 4 games but considering how good the D looks, that the offense has nowhere to go but up, and some of their opponents don't look as good as I expected...I'd be surprised if they only won 4 games.

Yeah. We just need to get through October alive and keep Geno confident. 

And yet with all your negativity here we are 2-1 (if not for Gates 3-0) when everybody had us 0-3 and the worst team in the NFL. 

Yeah and if not for an idiot on the Bucs,  they'd be 1-2 or according to you,  2-1.    You can't say they should be 3-0 because of this and then dismiss the fact they won the Bucs game because of one of the dumbest penalties ever.

The team is who most of us expected them to be.   The defense is good, the offense stinks, and they are going to be in most games because of this.

If every game is a close one, boneheaded interceptions, penalties, etc will win or lose them a game.   Yesterday they should have beat down the Bills, but let that team stick around.   Last week they lost to the Pats.   Next week will probably be similar.   The week after that the same.   There will be some games they should win and lose, some they should lose and win, and a bunch of others where the offense can't do enough to win.    That's who they are.  People thinking they are suddenly an 11-5 great team or a Jags team are kidding themselves.   

The unknown coming into the season was Rex and the defense. Could Rex coach up this team to do what he always does, and it seems he has so far.  The defense keeps the team in most games.  You can't ask for more than that.  If the defense has a bad game,  they probably get blown out.  Even yesterday,  if the Bills turned some of those mistakes and turnovers into touchdowns, the Jets probably aren't ever in that game.  It's very hard to be that team week in and week out and win.  Expecting the Defense to hold teams to under 2 touchdowns every week, even with turnovers,  is a hard thing to ask.   A blown play here or there and suddenly the offense needs to play catch up. And like always the Jets don't seem to be able to compete in some 38-35 kind of game.

27 points, 513 offensive yards DESPITE 20 penalties and 2 picks, and the offense "STINKS"???

After three games I think it is a little early to say they stink or, to be fair, can be good just because of yesterday's showing against a banged up secondary.

A new OC, a rookie QB, two new pieces to the o-line, injured RBs, a developing WR, other receivers coming off injuries, etc., we need to see more before we can judge this offense.

But I am liking what I am seeing. If nothing else, we have a QB with guts. Penalties can be fixed. Sanchez will always be a senorita.

i thought the consensus was we have an insanley tough schedule in middle weeks

That was my thought process. I figured the Jets to be 2-2 going to Atlanta, but they could be 3-1 and play the Falcons tough. A win in Tennessee would go a long way to showing the improvement Rex has been talking about. I still think the Jets are a 6-10 team over the long haul, but I hope I am wrong. Is that too negative?

If the Jets dont stop the unforced errors and stupid plays we're not going to be good this year.  This is where coaching needs to fix the things that are wrong.  This is where Rex proves he's a competent head coach.

Or not. I don't believe he is. The way he wastes challenges and timeouts and handles players like Gates and Wilson who foul up all the time and STILL are trotted out there makes me wonder.

The team is who most of us expected them to be.   The defense is good, the offense stinks, and they are going to be in most games because of this.

If every game is a close one, boneheaded interceptions, penalties, etc will win or lose them a game.   Yesterday they should have beat down the Bills, but let that team stick around.   Last week they lost to the Pats.   Next week will probably be similar.   The week after that the same.   There will be some games they should win and lose, some they should lose and win, and a bunch of others where the offense can't do enough to win.    That's who they are.  People thinking they are suddenly an 11-5 great team or a Jags team are kidding themselves.   

The unknown coming into the season was Rex and the defense. Could Rex coach up this team to do what he always does, and it seems he has so far.  The defense keeps the team in most games.  You can't ask for more than that.  If the defense has a bad game,  they probably get blown out.  Even yesterday,  if the Bills turned some of those mistakes and turnovers into touchdowns, the Jets probably aren't ever in that game.  It's very hard to be that team week in and week out and win.  Expecting the Defense to hold teams to under 2 touchdowns every week, even with turnovers,  is a hard thing to ask.   A blown play here or there and suddenly the offense needs to play catch up. And like always the Jets don't seem to be able to compete in some 38-35 kind of game.

I hope this was a typo.  That was the ONLY known, that our defense wouldnt suck.  The unknown is the same as it has always been since Rex came here:

QB play

Could we put points on the board

Could we sustain some drives to keep our defense fresh

Yeah and if not for an idiot on the Bucs,  they'd be 1-2 or according to you,  2-1.    You can't say they should be 3-0 because of this and then dismiss the fact they won the Bucs game because of one of the dumbest penalties ever.

You are the one coming in here every day as I seen so far with your hatred toward this team, nitpicking every time they win.  It is fair to say that if not for the drops against NE especially from Gates the Jets could easily be 3-0 right now.  I only go in that route when facing haters like you trying to take win away.  So in short, you are what the record says you are. Pedro.  Wait I mean, PERIOD.

I was expecting 1-2

very pleased with geno.  I initially mistook his body language and facial expressions for a sort of detached or arrogance, but the truth of it is he is just cold blooded, which is a good thing for a NY QB.  he doesn't get down or scared of big moments

mo wilk is a beast.  it looked like an old fashioned hump move on that late sack.  very beastly

davis and richardson are really making this defense click

didn't realize how much we need kerly until he was out.  nice to have him back

Are you kidding? They held the ball for over 34 minutes, scored 27 points, gained over 500 yards - averaging 7.3 yards per play! That's mediocre?

I'll take mediocre offense every week, then.

7 punts.  That sucks dude.

Yes its nice the Jets had some sustained drives, but you have 14 possessions and score on 4 of them?  yeah..  Not so hot anymore.

There is room for improvement.  Be happy about that.  Not capitalizing on drives & not scoring enough is how we're going to lose tight games to better teams than the Bills.

But keep up the sushine and rainbows and act like everythings wonderful and perfect when it clearly obvious it isnt.

This team has the ability to get better in so many ways because they are so young at every position. Not only that - but the schedule which looked tough at the beginning of the season looks easier and easier every week.

Reasons the Jets can still even get better:

Coples still isn't 100%

Goodson should add another weapon once he is back (hopefully)

The defense is young across the board and should get their stunts and timing better throughout the season. That coverage mistake against NE, wont happen week 10.

Hill seems to be improving every week, which is typical of a 2nd year WR. By year 3 he will be a stud.

Holmes should get healthier over the next few weeks

If anyone can coach up Milliner, its Rex and Thurman. He should improve throughout the season as well.

There is a ton to be excited about with this team. Because they are young, I'm sure there will be some disappointments throughout the season - but overall the future looks very bright.

This defense is just totally stacked.

Agree with everything you said here, but  I think you omitted the most important thing.  I have to hope that Smith will improve as the season goes on.

At this point in 3 games he has 8 turnovers, and yesterday walked away as Mangold snapped the ball surrendering a good chunk of field position.

I'm hoping that crap will stop very shortly.  He did seem to improve his release yesterday, and didn't take any sacks.  If he gets to the point where he is just turning the ball over about the league average, this could be a very imposing team. 

7 punts. That sucks dude.

Yes its nice the Jets had some sustained drives, but you have 14 possessions and score on 4 of them? yeah.. Not so hot anymore.

There is room for improvement. Be happy about that. Not capitalizing on drives & not scoring enough is how we're going to lose tight games to better teams than the Bills.

But keep up the sushine and rainbows and act like everythings wonderful and perfect when it clearly obvious it isnt.

Lulz.

I recognize the room for improvement. I'm more concerned about the two interceptions than the seven punts, but whatever.

But 515 yards, 34 minutes TOP, 27 points? I'll take that every week, and the Jets will win another 10 games -easy- if they could possibly keep that up. I get that you like bitching, but calling the offense mediocre this week is ridiculous. A team finishing the year with those numbers as their season averages would be #1 in yards and TOP, and 6th in points.

Mediocre. Lol!

nonsense. tb game still could of been won without the idiot on the bucs. there was no gift. geno moved the ball 35 yards in a matter of seconds. a 5 to 10 yard out with 7 seconds was obtainable to kick a 50+ yarder to win the game regardless. ya, they stole one but it wasn't a gift

Archived