Winters to start over Ducasse

joewilly12

Hey I'm cool with it.

The Jets hold their guards and cornerbacks to a higher standard than their QB. if the league were fair we'd be hearing about a Matt Simms start in week 5. 

and if the jets were smart, they never should have started geno in the first place

Hey I'm cool with it.

The Jets hold their guards and cornerbacks to a higher standard than their QB. if the league were fair we'd be hearing about a Matt Simms start in week 5. 

Every single team in the NFL handles their QB position different than every other position on the team.  The entire league is built around this concept.  This is in no way unique to the Jets, Geno, Rex or Idzik.

Even if you want to ignore that because it doesn't fit your agenda, you conveniently omitted the fairly significant reality Vlad has over 3 years worth of miserable failures to his credit compared to 1/4 of a season for Geno, which still ultimately invalidates your entire position.

Well Vlad has had multiple years to improve and win this job-maybe we should have cut him after 4 games

Having attended numerous camps and mini-camps anytime I stood by the OL Vlad was the guy getting all the heat from the coaches. His techniques are bad his footwork is bad you name it. Why hasn't he been cut yet?

Every single team in the NFL handles their QB position different than every other position on the team.  The entire league is built around this concept.   

Hey if the pass protection improves and Geno still stinks I can't wait to find out who the Geno-lovers blame. probably society. it can't be Geno's fault because he's learning with every fumble and interception. Learn-terceptions. 

Jets to bench struggling Ducasse for Winters

By Brian Costello

October 1, 2013 | 11:34am

Modal Trigger

ducasse.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
Vlad Ducasse (left)

Photo: UPI

The Jets are making a change to their starting offense this week, but it’s not at quarterback.

The Jets will start rookie Brian Winters at left guard and bench Vlad Ducasse, a source confirmed.

Winters was the team’s third-round pick in April’s NFL Draft out of Kent State. Winters was slowed by an ankle injury during training camp and was beat out by Ducasse.

Ducasse, the team’s second-round pick in 2010, showed promise in the team’s first two games. He played his best game against the Patriots in Week 2, pancaking Vince Wilfork on a touchdown run. But he struggled in the last two weeks. He’s committed four penalties and struggled in pass protection.

Hey if the pass protection improves and Geno still stinks I can't wait to find out who the Geno-lovers blame. probably society. it can't be Geno's fault because he's learning with every fumble and interception. Learn-terceptions

Learn-terceptions

HaHa   I actually like that

Hey if the pass protection improves and Geno still stinks I can't wait to find out who the Geno-lovers blame. probably society. it can't be Geno's fault because he's learning with every fumble and interception. Learn-terceptions. 

I'm dunno, but I'm sure you'll be there to tell everyone.  You've developed yourself quite a nice little niche: on one hand you slam geno as much as you can for whatever reason, then on the other you say you'd like nothing more than for him to be great.  It's exhausting.

Hey I'm cool with it.

If this ^^^^^^ guy is being pay by papa Simms?

I'm dunno, but I'm sure you'll be there to tell everyone.  You've developed yourself quite a nice little niche: on one hand you slam geno as much as you can for whatever reason, then on the other you say you'd like nothing more than for him to be great.  It's exhausting.

it's the reverse jinx. if players I support stink like Drob, Gholston and now Vlad, then for the good of the team I should bash Geno as much as possible. You're welcome. 

If this ^^^^^^ guy is being pay by papa Simms?

did you miss the game? The video highlights are available on NFL.com.  Warning don't eat lunch while you are watching however.

it's the reverse jinx. if players I support stink like Drob, Gholston and now Vlad, then for the good of the team I should bash Geno as much as possible. You're welcome. 

did you miss the game? The video highlights are available on NFL.com.  Warning don't eat lunch while you are watching however.

I saw a rookie making mistake just as I saw a two year veteran yesterday committing the same rookie mistake.  Geno has won two games for us,  remember?  No you wont since you only see green from daddy simms. 

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 3m

I'm told #Jets are going to go with rookie OL Brian Winters over the inconsistent Vlad Ducasse.

Thank you.  Rex needed to send a message here.  Some accountability, finally.

So I've just got to ask, are you entirely aware that you're only really making arguments against figments of your own imagination?  The things you're talking about don't even have any relevancy to each other.  This is a thread about the failure of the Jets starting LG, and how he is subsequently being benched for it.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Geno Smith.  Furthermore, you are actually the only person trying to make a connection between the two of them.

Everyone else is making the rather succinct point (in direct response to you) that Geno has been miserable, but his failures in absolutely no way excuse Vlad for his 3 and 1/2 years of failures.  Yet you continue to go on about Geno, acting as if you're somehow proving a point when you're the only person making that inexplicable and irrelevant connection.

Why the Geno hate?  Is it because he is playing better than you projected?  Isn't it a little early to kick dirt over him?  He may end up sucking, but can we at least wait until the bye week (or year end) to make that assessment?  We gave Skid Mark 4 freakin' years.

Bit is slowly becoming the best troll on the board.

I'm kind of proud of him. 

Arguing with yourself about utter nonsense is something to be proud of?

In that case, perhaps you should go check out some of the lunatics that hang out in front of the White House, they ought to really impress you.

In that case, perhaps you should go check out some of the lunatics that hang out in front of the White House, they ought to really impress you.

Dont be mad that you cant stay away from his bait...

So I've just got to ask, are you entirely aware that you're only really making arguments against figments of your own imagination?  The things you're talking about don't even have any relevancy to each other.  This is a thread about the failure of the Jets starting LG, and how he is subsequently being benched for it.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Geno Smith.  Furthermore, you are actually the only person trying to make a connection between the two of them.

Everyone else is making the rather succinct point (in direct response to you) that Geno has been miserable, but his failures in absolutely no way excuse Vlad for his 3 and 1/2 years of failures.  Yet you continue to go on about Geno, acting as if you're somehow proving a point when you're the only person making that inexplicable and irrelevant connection.

It's infantile.

He was dead wrong about Ducasse, who marginally won the job over an injured 3rd round rookie and a guy who is out of the league.  After week 2, bit came here to gloat about it with incessant I-told-you-so's after Ducasse's one mostly-good game.  Everyone here was supposed to tell him how right he was all along.  

Now it seems all it was was one good game (minus getting beat badly on a passing play on like our own 5).  He's getting replaced by a rookie.  And all bitonti can say about it is to pretend this thread about Ducasse has nothing to do with Ducasse by deflecting and take shots at a different player at a different position.

The rest of us don't give a crap other than we're all pissed off the team drafted this waste of roster space in round 2 and then kept him around for 4 years.

I look for those people when I take the Metro.  Makes the commute fun for me.  I once sat by a guy that yelled at himself then starting punching himself. You can't buy that kind of entertainment.

Dont be mad that you cant stay away from his bait...

Meh, I'm left more puzzled by his posts these days than anything else, considering the ever-increasing frequency of them having no basis in reality.  Whether or not it's intentional, I cannot say, but either way it still raises some very unsettling questions.

Archived