Well, we have no WR's again.

Matt39

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9754250/new-york-jets-hurting-wr-add-david-nelson

Holmes out for a month. Hill out indefinitely. Scrubs being signed off the street that will play.

Good luck Geno.

Holmes for a ******* month????  Jezuus...he's been balling too.  

Well, so much for Atlanta being a winnable game.  

Obviously being without either is going to be brutal, but the only positive is that you get to gameplan all week knowing this, instead of losing Hill on the 2nd play and holmes in the fourth.  Gates, who's still not healthy, and Obamanu are not solid, but maybe they'll show up a bit more with all the first team reps.

Winslow and Kerley are going to be featured and Atlanta will do what they can to take them away, but we'll see what Marty can do as far as scheming to get some of these guys open. 

Obviously being without either is going to be brutal, but the only positive is that you get to gameplan all week knowing this, instead of losing Hill on the 2nd play and holmes in the fourth.  Gates, who's still not healthy, and Obamanu are not solid, but maybe they'll show up a bit more with all the first team reps.

Winslow and Kerley are going to be featured and Atlanta will do what they can to take them away, but we'll see what Marty can do as far as scheming to get some of these guys open. 

Kerley, Winslow, Cumberland, Powell and even Bohanon are probably going to see an increase targets.

They're absolutely devastating injuries.  All the guys who can take the top off the D are out.  The one thing I could see possibly being a positive is that maybe Marty gets a little more conservative which I think we can all agree would have been beneficial in both our losses.  You can run on them.  And you can make them 1 dimensional by shutting down their run game which will still be short Jackson.  

This game was winnable assuming our front 7 got after Ryan, with both these guys out? I just dont see it. 

Kerley, Winslow, Cumberland, Powell and even Bohanon are probably going to see an increase targets.

They're absolutely devastating injuries.  All the guys who can take the top off the D are out.  The one thing I could see possibly being a positive is that maybe Marty gets a little more conservative which I think we can all agree would have been beneficial in both our losses.  You can run on them.  And you can make them 1 dimensional by shutting down their run game which will still be short Jackson.  

This game was winnable assuming our front 7 got after Ryan, with both these guys out? I just dont see it. 

Cumberland will probably be the one who will see the biggest uptick in PT and targets.  More 2 TE sets and he could even potentially line up split out on occasion if needed.  I'd guess they'll probably try to get Goodson worked into the passing game as well.

Lets try to pretend our former skill position players are mostly out of football.

I know it's a new process with Idzik, but Monday nights game is not fair to Geno.

you want to be totally honest ? This team has been sh*t at the skill positions for 14 years

the NY Jets is where QB's go to die. We are the QB graveyard Brady Quinn is crapping his pants as we speak. Highly rated College QB's are wondering , "will the fu@king Jets pick me ?" As they approach the podium and Roger Goodell tries to hug them they throw up in their mouth

I see you're setting yourself up nicely to blame everything on one player again.

I actually think Geno can be a player in this league.  But as we knew from Day 1.....he's raw.  He has very little around him yet still was probably the 2nd biggest reason (behind the front 7) that we won 2 games, so the potential is there.  I like what I see for the most part but it will require patience.

Mark Sanchez, meanwhile, sucks.

the NY Jets is where QB's go to die. We are the QB graveyard Brady Quinn is crapping his pants as we speak. Highly rated College QB's are wondering , "will the fu@king Jets pick me ?" As they approach the podium and Roger Goodell tries to hug them they throw up in their mouth

Yeah, sucks playing for a team where the D typically holds the opponent to about 20 pts or less.  We're not the Raiders, as much as you'd like to think we are.

Lets try to pretend our former skill position players are mostly out of football.

I know it's a new process with Idzik, but Monday nights game is not fair to Geno.

Agreed.  But the pseudo intellectual member of the forum will say otherwise that the second coming that goes by the name of Matt Simms a 25 years old, posting a 47% completion in his Senior year at Tenn would have lit up the Falcons.  Just because they saw it doing it against third stream vanilla defense.  The madness won't stop until this guy go on the field and prove what most already know; that he is not even a backup in the NFL, just as our previous savior Gregg MacElroy.

Simms has nothing to do with this WR corp giving Geno zero chance to succeed even if he doesn't turn the ball over.

The corp Sanchez had to work with was awful as well, as everyone is out of football. Pointing this out doesnt mean Sanchez wa ever any good either.

Simms has nothing to do with this WR corp giving Geno zero chance to succeed even if he doesn't turn the ball over.

The corp Sanchez had to work with was awful as well, as everyone is out of football. Pointing this out doesnt mean Sanchez wa ever any good either.

I will believe that when I see it.  Let him not turn the ball over first.  Then I will believe that Geno has zero chance to succeed without turning the ball over.

Archived