Revis says he's "Not even close to 100%

flgreen

Revis says he’s “not even close” to 100 percent

Posted by Mike Florio on October 24, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT

Smith

AP

As the Bucs struggle to get a win, cornerback Darrelle Revis struggles to get back to full strength.

More than a year since tearing an ACL without contact, Revis says he’s “not even close” to 100 percent.

That’s what he told Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock of NFL Network in meetings conducted prior to Thursday night’s game between the Panthers and Buccaneers.

The still-healing knee has limited the ability of Revis to play press coverage, since he doesn’t know when he will and won’t be able to muster the speed he needs.

“Sometime’s the explosion’s there,” Mayock said Revis told him.  ”Sometime’s it’s not.”

Revis explained that others who have had ACL surgery explained to him that, sooner or later, the explosion shows up on a consistent basis.

Hopefully for Revis and the Bucs, it’s not later.  Even more hopefully, it’s not never.

never happen... MEVIS ego won't let him, Woody won't sign players using MEVIS current agents. They encourage holdouts.

Perhaps

This is a year and a half +- after Revis knee.  He's still saying he isn't even close to 100%, and he's not.   Rex loves the guy, his price will be way down.  if Idzik really is wanting to win, he'll give this a lot of thought.

Never say never.  We'll see 

Perhaps

This is a year and a half +- after Revis knee.  He's still saying he isn't even close to 100%, and he's not.   Rex loves the guy, his price will be way down.  if Idzik really is wanting to win, he'll give this a lot of thought.

He's the difference of top 5 defense and top 2 defense. Rex does the rest and Revis knows this.

Lol yeah I'm about as virgin as ur bung hole tuttie fruity

LOL

tuttie fruity?  Really?

The post I made was in jest.  90% of the posters on here would have realized that. At least I hope they would. I thought you were mature enough to be one of them.   I was mistaken

I apologize 

LOL

tuttie fruity?  Really?

The post I made was in jest.  90% of the posters on here would have realized that. At least I hope they would. I thought you were mature enough to be one of them.   I was mistaken

I apologize

Lol mine too was in jest and the 99% posters here are just enuff immature to realize that

Man up fruit cake its afootball forum not an intelectual circle jerk for spell checkers and bloggerts

Revis always seems to have excuses.  If he wants to blame his health for him not living up to the hype, then I guess he hasn't been close to 100% for over 3 years now, because he's never been able to replicate the level of that 2009 season of his, and this season is just more of that.  He's still certainly a great player, but simply not as great as he's paid, or hyped, to be based on that one long past season.  At this point there's nothing that separates him from the other league's top corners.  And while he's certainly very good in coverage, I couldn't help but laugh at how awful he looked when Carolina ran straight at him for 2 TDs on Thursday.

LOL

tuttie fruity?  Really?

I apologize 

Lol mine too was in jest and the 99% posters here are just enuff immature to realize that

Man up fruit cake its afootball forum not an intelectual circle jerk for spell checkers and bloggerts

I think this might have been the quickest confrontation in internet history.  You guys resolved this in record time.  The internet now works.  :)

Hah!  spell check much?  Its spelled "enough"...there isn't even one "f" in it, let alone two. 

Also, fruitcake is one word.  One moist, delicious word.  And there should be a dash between "circle" and "jerk".  One moist, delicious dash. 

I just think he's writing the excuses for a move away from Tampa after they cut his ass at the end of the year. He will be a FA and at 29? By then may get 12 Max, no way is he getting any where near 16 again. He's become the poster boy for way you don't pay a Corner 16 mill per.

Hah!  spell check much?  Its spelled "enough"...there isn't even one "f" in it, let alone two. 

Also, fruitcake is one word.  One moist, delicious word.  And there should be a dash between "circle" and "jerk".  One moist, delicious dash. 

ooooooo keep typin.... no one is looking...say it again... moist...delicious..ooo.  put ur finger up my....

oh sorry ...got a little carried away

how bout them jets! J E T S jets jets jets

Perhaps

Roscoe Diner 2.0

Imagine Revis talking like Revis-Remus from Boardwalk Empire.  

Sitting there in the Roscoe Diner, talking in 3rd person:  "You know Revis is the best CB in the league.  Revis wants $16M dollars per year.  Revis has a family to feed and you're insulting Revis by lowballing Revis.  Unless Revis gets that, Revis will continue his holdout.  That is what Revis wants.  Oh, and Revis also wants a toasted English muffin with grape jelly."

Archived