Jeff Cumberland out Sunday vs Saints due to concussion

Jetlife33

2 years straight, we cant keep the skills players (or lack there of) on the field.

When you start to think about how terrible Geno's surroundings are...it almost makes you feel like you have to give him another year to see if he can do better with a strong cast of weaponz.  Then if he sucks, bring in Famous Jameis.

2 years straight, we cant keep the skills players (or lack there of) on the field.

When you start to think about how terrible Geno's surroundings are...it almost makes you feel like you have to give him another year to see if he can do better with a strong cast of weaponz. Then if he sucks, bring in Famous Jameis.

What makes you think he will have weaponz next year? We have needs at LB'r, outside and possibly in, corner backs and safeties. I don't think we will have enough draft picks/cap space to address all those things and then get some weaponz.

What makes you think he will have weaponz next year? We have needs at LB'r, outside and possibly in, corner backs and safeties. I don't think we will have enough draft picks/cap space to address all those things and then get some weaponz.

Don't underestimate the power of Idzik

We have no need at LB'er.  Barnes is hurt, he'll be back.  If they really wanted, they could resign Pace cheap.  He's playing alright.  McIntyre isnt terrible and while everyone is dismissing Coples as a bust, he was a monster vs. the Pats, inconsistency comes when learning a new position.  Davis and Harris are your ILB's.  

Landry sucks, Allen looks like a keeper.  Safety is an issue but its a devalued position in today's NFL.  Not worried. Corner is obviously a problem.  

With 10+ picks and a ton of cap space, they should have no problem addressing almost all of them in one offseason.  Weaponz, will be a primary focal point of the 2014 offseason. 

We have no need at LB'er.  Barnes is hurt, he'll be back.  If they really wanted, they could resign Pace cheap.  He's playing alright.  McIntyre isnt terrible and while everyone is dismissing Coples as a bust, he was a monster vs. the Pats, inconsistency comes when learning a new position.  Davis and Harris are your ILB's.  

Landry sucks, Allen looks like a keeper.  Safety is an issue but its a devalued position in today's NFL.  Not worried. Corner is obviously a problem.  

With 10+ picks and a ton of cap space, they should have no problem addressing almost all of them in one offseason.  Weaponz, will be a primary focal point of the 2014 offseason. 

2014:

1.  Bring in weaponz.

2.  Revamp the secondary.

3.  ?????

4.  Profit.

This statement is absolutely true. Future safeties are just going to be de-glorified CB's. The whole nuance will change 

Pretty much.  Which is why I'd like to see them give Milliner a look at safety.  He's got some of the worst technique I've ever seen trying to chase so maybe he's a little better in space watching the whole play develop. 

We have no need at LB'er. Barnes is hurt, he'll be back. If they really wanted, they could resign Pace cheap. He's playing alright. McIntyre isnt terrible and while everyone is dismissing Coples as a bust, he was a monster vs. the Pats, inconsistency comes when learning a new position. Davis and Harris are your ILB's.

Landry sucks, Allen looks like a keeper. Safety is an issue but its a devalued position in today's NFL. Not worried. Corner is obviously a problem.

With 10+ picks and a ton of cap space, they should have no problem addressing almost all of them in one offseason. Weaponz, will be a primary focal point of the 2014 offseason.

Nah, here is how it will go.

Round 1 draft pick, BPA will be a corner, book it.

Round 2, safety, while you are right about safety, we value defense ten times offense, so we go with the BPA.

Round 3, RB or a project TE, BPA!

Round 4, who cares for 2014, will not be any weaponz found that late or beyond.

FA we will scoop up a corner and an OLB, probably a right tackle and a third tier WR that we will overpay for.

Weaponz!

Pretty much.  Which is why I'd like to see them give Milliner a look at safety.  He's got some of the worst technique I've ever seen trying to chase so maybe he's a little better in space watching the whole play develop. 

We said that about Wilson too.  I'm not so sure that you can just take bad corners and carve them into safeties, lol.  

Pretty much. Which is why I'd like to see them give Milliner a look at safety. He's got some of the worst technique I've ever seen trying to chase so maybe he's a little better in space watching the whole play develop.

Truth, how this guy was highly rated is very disturbing. He could end up looking Gholston bad.

Gholston, Sucksballs and D- Millner as our last three top ten picks. Put that in your pope and smoke it!

Baby Gronk time on Sunday

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- In a move that comes just two-and-a-half weeks before a Jets-Patriots rematch, New York claimed former New England tight end Zach Sudfeld off waivers on Friday.

The Patriots released Sudfield, 24, on Thursday to add wide receiver Austin Collie.

Sudfeld, at 6-foot-7 and 260 pounds, was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Patriots last May. He was nicknamed "Baby Gronk" after New England tight end Rob Gronkowski.

Nah, here is how it will go.

Round 1 draft pick, BPA will be a corner, book it.

Round 2, safety, while you are right about safety, we value defense ten times offense, so we go with the BPA.

Round 3, RB or a project TE, BPA!

Round 4, who cares for 2014, will not be any weaponz found that late or beyond.

FA we will scoop up a corner and an OLB, probably a right tackle and a third tier WR that we will overpay for.

Weaponz!

Damn cuz...what the winning Lotto #'s? 

We said that about Wilson too.  I'm not so sure that you can just take bad corners and carve them into safeties, lol.  

I never did because Wilson never had a problem chasing.  He's actually a pretty good corner, he just takes mad sh*t from this board for a couple of bad games.  His problem was getting his head around when the ball was arriving.  His footwork/technique is solid and light years ahead of Milliner.

Milliner literally looks lost as a corner.  Which is why I suggested safety.

Baby Gronk time on Sunday

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- In a move that comes just two-and-a-half weeks before a Jets-Patriots rematch, New York claimed former New England tight end Zach Sudfeld off waivers on Friday.

The Patriots released Sudfield, 24, on Thursday to add wide receiver Austin Collie.

Sudfeld, at 6-foot-7 and 260 pounds, was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Patriots last May. He was nicknamed "Baby Gronk" after New England tight end Rob Gronkowski.

So Konrad Reuland time........

Can we bring back the rugby player?

We don't need a starting ILB. We have Harris and Davis there.

OLB, CB and S are needs to varying degrees. But at the same time, this defense is already more than competitive. So you can call them needs but the fact of the matter is that if we went to war with this defense next year as it is, we'd be just fine.

In the draft, I expect Idzik to go about it as he did last year---drafting on talent and not on need. So we'll likely end up with a couple offensive players there, but also some of those defensive players there as well.

But as to free agency, we have a lot of $$$ to spend and we'll probably use most of it on WR, RB and TE.

We don't need a starting ILB. We have Harris and Davis there.

OLB, CB and S are needs to varying degrees. But at the same time, this defense is already more than competitive. So you can call them needs but the fact of the matter is that if we went to war with this defense next year as it is, we'd be just fine.

In the draft, I expect Idzik to go about it as he did last year---drafting on talent and not on need. So we'll likely end up with a couple offensive players there, but also some of those defensive players there as well.

But as to free agency, we have a lot of $$$ to spend and we'll probably use most of it on WR, RB and TE.

Harris gonna be cut, and if the BPA is ILB and the next BPA is WR/TE, we go ILB! BPA baby!

Harris gonna be cut, and if the BPA is ILB and the next BPA is WR/TE, we go ILB! BPA baby!

Only reason they would cut Harris is if it saves them a ton of money and they feel like they can get a replacement for less or similar $$$. In which case, he'd be replacing himself.

Odds are, unless Patrick Willis rolls around, ILB will not be BPA; the only ILB that's in the first round as of now is probably CJ Mosely and I really don't see us going that direction as ILB is not a glory position here. I know a lot of people are terrified that all of the elite offensive skills guys will be off the board, but with how many QB and OT needy teams there are, I have a feeling one of Evans, Lee and Watkins will be there when we pick...if our FO is high on them or not is another story. 

Just out of the buzz you hear, you have to assume that  Bridgewater, Clowney, Barr, Lewan, Matthews, Kouandjio are probably all going top 10 and then usually once the top QBs, OTs and OLBs are off the board, the others start to go a bit higher: so it's possible that other QBs can go in Hundley, Manziel, Boyd, Mettenberger, Fales etc. all be picked high, other tackles like Richardson and ERving go and then the OLBs like Mack, Mosely, Shazier and Beasley all go.  The buzz is that there are so many teams who's LT and QB situation is a mess, you could see as many as 4 or 5 of each go in the first round.  Who knows what will happen, but there's a very good shot if we wend up 7-9 to 9-7 that we'll have a choice of some very good offensive talent.

Odds are, unless Patrick Willis rolls around, ILB will not be BPA; the only ILB that's in the first round as of now is probably CJ Mosely and I really don't see us going that direction as ILB is not a glory position here. I know a lot of people are terrified that all of the elite offensive skills guys will be off the board, but with how many QB and OT needy teams there are, I have a feeling one of Evans, Lee and Watkins will be there when we pick...if our FO is high on them or not is another story.

Just out of the buzz you hear, you have to assume that Bridgewater, Clowney, Barr, Lewan, Matthews, Kouandjio are probably all going top 10 and then usually once the top QBs, OTs and OLBs are off the board, the others start to go a bit higher: so it's possible that other QBs can go in Hundley, Manziel, Boyd, Mettenberger, Fales etc. all be picked high, other tackles like Richardson and ERving go and then the OLBs like Mack, Mosely, Shazier and Beasley all go. The buzz is that there are so many teams who's LT and QB situation is a mess, you could see as many as 4 or 5 of each go in the first round. Who knows what will happen, but there's a very good shot if we wend up 7-9 to 9-7 that we'll have a choice of some very good offensive talent.

The Milner pick has me rattled big time. There was good offensive talent around there and Milner looks like a huge bust.

It seems that since the Mangini days, this organization puts no value on offensive playmakers, and from the last draft it would appear Idzik shares that philosophy.

Hence our crap offense since forever.

Who even plays TE this weekend?

Reuland and Sudfeld are the obvious answers.  Presumably Sudfeld is more of a "weapon" but less trustworthy.  I wonder if they will use Bohanon there at all.  He supposedly played some TE at Wake and they seem to like him. 

Sheldon !

No shackles!

what happen to th good ol days of football where guys like al toon would get their cocksack broken and still play or players like ronnie Lott would bite off his own finger to play

fb is turning into fairy baseball

The players will play with concussions.  The League and NFLPA don't allow them to play until they pass the test.  The reason for that is to they don't get alzheimer's or end up like Seau, Duerson or countless others.  Hell, how long did Al Toon suffer?  Unable to stand light, headaches, unable to move.  I like hitting as much as the next guy, but it's not like traumatic brain injury is something to ignore. 

Archived