The Dolphins have a serious bullying problem?

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I agree. Since the beginning the only problem I had was those blaming Martin for not physically assaulting Incognito just because he's large of stature. Other than that, I think Richie is just a douchebag, but that's not a crime: I've had civil friendships with guys like that during the season and maybe probably just said hi out of it, I blame the atmosphere in Miami more than anything.  I don't expect someone like Richie to be able to read people well enough to know if he's going too far, guys like that usually can't. There should have been a leader there to realize either Martin wasn't responding to it or was responding negatively. I personally don't feel he should be banned from the NFL or other teams: if they feel he should be suspended for conduct unbecoming, sure. But this is a league that employs felons, wife-beaters and drug-dealers, I'm not going to take away a guy's living just because he's a disgusting human. 

However, if it does turn out to be true that both Richie and the Dolphins were aware of Martin's suicidal history (if that is indeed true), then I start leaning the way of the Dolphins deserve whatever punishment they get and Richie can be allowed to play, but possibly seek some counseling in addition to the anger-management that he was forced to join back in college. I mean, f*cking with a guy who's suicidal? You can't be that stupid and if you are, maybe some sensitivity classes would be okay, because he may just be that stupid to not know what he did was wrong.

Oh I agree. Since the beginning the only problem I had was those blaming Martin for not physically assaulting Incognito just because he's large of stature. Other than that, I think Richie is just a douchebag, but that's not a crime: I've had civil friendships with guys like that during the season and maybe probably just said hi out of it, I blame the atmosphere in Miami more than anything.  I don't expect someone like Richie to be able to read people well enough to know if he's going too far, guys like that usually can't. There should have been a leader there to realize either Martin wasn't responding to it or was responding negatively. I personally don't feel he should be banned from the NFL or other teams: if they feel he should be suspended for conduct unbecoming, sure. But this is a league that employs felons, wife-beaters and drug-dealers, I'm not going to take away a guy's living just because he's a disgusting human. 

However, if it does turn out to be true that both Richie and the Dolphins were aware of Martin's suicidal history (if that is indeed true), then I start leaning the way of the Dolphins deserve whatever punishment they get and Richie can be allowed to play, but possibly seek some counseling in addition to the anger-management that he was forced to join back in college. I mean, f*cking with a guy who's suicidal? You can't be that stupid and if you are, maybe some sensitivity classes would be okay, because he may just be that stupid to not know what he did was wrong.

Exactly. Incognito is an a$$hole- however in Miami, he was their a$$hole. A lot of teams have that guy. With the social climate involving bullying being what it is, it's easy to just scream bloody murder here and want Incognito thrown out of the league....but there's clearly something going on with Martin that we dont know about. I dont think its out of the realm of possibility he was being guided by his parents here to set himself up for a lawsuit. Not sure why that bothers so many people here, but I've never blindly followed the media.

The elephant in the room here is- if Incognito were black, this story probably never surfaces.

I dont think its a race thing.  I know the former players are on their soapbox about how if anyone said those words to them there would have been some "furniture moving" but I think they are deflecting from the actual hazing that goes on and went on when they played.  You cant tell me that Keyshawn wasnt one of those "jerks" that LT was talking about.  He called his own teammate a flashlight to his star.  Bullying is such a hotbutton topic right now in the media that this situation has gone supernova(in keeping with the star/cellestial theme). RI is a dick, yeah, we get it but is he a criminal?  Did he torment his own linemate?  I guess????  Sh!t, idk....

I dont think its a race thing.  I know the former players are on their soapbox about how if anyone said those words to them there would have been some "furniture moving" but I think they are deflecting from the actual hazing that goes on and went on when they played.  You cant tell me that Keyshawn wasnt one of those "jerks" that LT was talking about.  He called his own teammate a flashlight to his star.  Bullying is such a hotbutton topic right now in the media that this situation has gone supernova(in keeping with the star/cellestial theme). RI is a dick, yeah, we get it but is he a criminal?  Did he torment his own linemate?  I guess????  Sh!t, idk....

Yeah a lot of these former players have selective amnesia. Keyshawn especially. 

It's not a race thing internally- its a race thing for the media because that's what sells.

It's not nearly as scandalous though.

With people getting shot up or killing themselves it seems daily because people finally snap it might be time to start pointing fingers at sh*theads like Incognito. They serve no purpose in society and to that point it sounds like he probably got it from his father.

With people getting shot up or killing themselves it seems daily because people finally snap it might be time to start pointing fingers at sh*theads like Incognito. They serve no purpose in society and to that point it sounds like he probably got it from his father.

I aint have 6 friends in high school. sh*t. I aint got 6 friends now.

OH LORD when will the OPPRESSION of the WHITE man end?  It's just so hard to be a white man like Richie Incognito.

That's exactly what I was getting at. Bravo. 

But if you want to bring it up Incognito was born in a trailer park while Martin was born into Harvard.

i do agree that the racial aspect is what's making this a big story. But class does also play a role if Martin had the same upbringing and experience as Incognito maybe he'd be able to handle abuse better. or maybe he wouldn't be such a target. But none of that makes Incognito's behavior acceptable. I keep repeating this but hazing lasts a couple weeks, Richie was hazing this guy for two+ years even in the offseason.  that's more like stalking.

this wasn't hazing

this wasn't initiation

this wasn't bonding

this wasn't busting balls

this was intimidation and harrassment and extortion

martin is going to have incognito by the short hairs in about a week

lawyers make it hurt forever, lol

this wasn't hazing

this wasn't initiation

this wasn't bonding

this wasn't busting balls

this was intimidation and harrassment and extortion

martin is going to have incognito by the short hairs in about a week

lawyers make it hurt forever, lol

Ryan Tannehill: "If you asked Jonathan Martin who his best friend is on this team two weeks ago, he'd say Richie Incognito."

Another element to this story the source believes has been overlooked is Martin “going AWOL’’ on the team and having never asked team officials for help.

“Nobody’s asking where [Martin] is right now,’’ the source said. “[We think] he’s in California in treatment. But is he OK? What’s going on with him? What’s his state of mind? No one has defined his specific issue, because he didn’t relate it to anyone before he left.

“There is money involved. There is a contract and does the team have to pay [Martin]? When you leave the team, the team doesn’t have to pay you. That’s where this health issue comes into play. It’s a very complicated matter.’’

The source made it clear Dolphins owner Stephen Ross encouraged the NFL to come to South Florida to conduct an investigation, saying, “We invited the NFL to come in. It was not the NFL telling us they were coming here. We feel good about the environment here and invited the NFL to come here for an open-door review.

yes. being a kickass o-lineman doesn't necessarily mean that you are necessarily going to stick up for yourself off the field. I knew a guy in high school who played hockey. tough guy on the ice, wouldn't hurt a fly off it. he got picked on til a couple other kids stuck up for him.

now agree with me, or no french toast! :tongue:

100% agreed. Triple syrup please!!!!

OH LORD when will the OPPRESSION of the WHITE man end?  It's just so hard to be a white man like Richie Incognito.

no, he is an honorary black dude as voted by his teammates.

That's exactly what I was getting at. Bravo. 

But if you want to bring it up Incognito was born in a trailer park while Martin was born into Harvard.

i do agree that the racial aspect is what's making this a big story. But class does also play a role if Martin had the same upbringing and experience as Incognito maybe he'd be able to handle abuse better. or maybe he wouldn't be such a target. But none of that makes Incognito's behavior acceptable. I keep repeating this but hazing lasts a couple weeks, Richie was hazing this guy for two+ years even in the offseason.  that's more like stalking.

Well... we made it to page 18.

Tick tock tick tock the fatman eyes the lock button and decides to trust his fellow posters. 

If you listen to local radio in S Fla it is ALL Martins fault. The Big O 640AM went on a tirade yesterday defending Incognito, saying the locker room mentality is different, stand up for yourself, yada, yada, yada. Went as far as telling his intern, in no less words, STFU, I didn't ask for your opinion. Claiming all the teammates defend RI. Guess what? All his teammates always defended him until he wasn't a teammate anymore. It is sickening the way the media is portraying this down here.

#Florida

Ryan Tannehill: "If you asked Jonathan Martin who his best friend is on this team two weeks ago, he'd say Richie Incognito."

Heard the two interviews on Francesa. What a ******* mess this is going to be. Clearly, the team has closed ranks around Incognito, and clearly the coaches sent him after Martin. Just a huge ****fest all around.

Heard the two interviews on Francesa. What a ******* mess this is going to be. Clearly, the team has closed ranks around Incognito, and clearly the coaches sent him after Martin. Just a huge ****fest all around.

That's the thing I didn't see coming.  Every player I've seen quoted seems to be in camp Incognito.  I thought as late as yesterday this was open/shut but now I just don't know.  Is it the 'Aqua Line of Silence' or is there actually more here than meets the eye?

Now being reported Martin was passing around the voicemail earlier in the year and was laughing about it with teammates.

Also, for kicks, go look at Martins second tweet down on his page. Tell me this dude didnt know what he wa doing.

Now being reported Martin was passing around the voicemail earlier in the year and was laughing about it with teammates.

Also, for kicks, go look at Martins second tweet down on his page. Tell me this dude didnt know what he wa doing.

I just don't see what he has to gain by this, though.

Archived