Here is what the Jets are missing!

Lupz27

You won't hear this kids name again until the scouting combine, right now people are talking 3rd to 4th round, but when he runs a sub 4.2 at the combine he probably will shoot up the draft boards like Chris Johnson did, only difference is this dude can return kicks, and run good routes.

Jets just missed on T Austin last year, hopefully this kid is still around come the 3rd round, and the Jets scoop him up!

Looks pretty fast.

Also seems to have those shifty moves without losing speed, and gets to top speed in an instant, he is my favorite offensive player in this whole draft, kid has been doubted his whole life, and told he was to small to play football at every level, and all he did was become an all American as a Junior, missed most of this season (his senior year) with an injury, but finished his last game with 194 yards, and a 29 yard TD run with 1:29 to go in the game, the last touch of the football he would see in college.

Aw...he's absolutely adorable! There are bigger kids on the sixth grade team I coach. Of course they tend to be a bit slower. Lil dude certainly has the wheels.

Same exact size as T. Austin, and will run a faster 40 time by almost .2 seconds, and as you can see that speed translates on the football field.

Also seems to have those shifty moves without losing speed, and gets to top speed in an instant, he is my favorite offensive player in this whole draft, kid has been doubted his whole life, and told he was to small to play football at every level, and all he did was become an all American as a Junior, missed most of this season (his senior year) with an injury, but finished his last game with 194 yards, and a 29 yard TD run with 1:29 to go in the game, the last touch of the football he would see in college.

he is so fast I cannot tell what jersey he is wearing

Guy looks great out running all those DII players. Where is he from Kent State? I can't tell except there is a big K on the side of his helmet. Not saying he isn't a player, but RB is a pretty solid position right now. Jets absolutely need guys like Beckham (LSU) or Matthews (Vandy) and offensive linemen galore. If I was John Idzik I wouldn't draft anything BUT WR, OL, CB and TE. Those are the areas of greatest need. If this guy somehow slips into the second or third round I would take him in the blink of an eye, but no way do I take him with a first round pick. Jets need speed for sure, and this guy looks like a Darren Sproles type. But Sproles is not an every down player due to his smallish size.

Stephen Hill has  speed- look what we are getting with him so far-Hah

Hill was yet ANOTHER Tannenbaum ego pick along with Vlad Ducasse. Tanny somehow got it in his head that he was so much smarter than everyone else (Call it curse of Jets management, because it seems to happen to them ALL). Tanny saw Hill's size, speed ratio and saw Megatron Lite. He did NOT do his due diligence in finding out if the guy could actually catch a football, run a pass route correctly or recognize a blitz and adjust his route accordingly. He thought Hill could be TAUGHT everything he lacked but failed to realize that Rex Ryan is NOT a developer of talent.

Guy looks great out running all those DII players. Where is he from Kent State? I can't tell except there is a big K on the side of his helmet. Not saying he isn't a player, but RB is a pretty solid position right now. Jets absolutely need guys like Beckham (LSU) or Matthews (Vandy) and offensive linemen galore. If I was John Idzik I wouldn't draft anything BUT WR, OL, CB and TE. Those are the areas of greatest need. If this guy somehow slips into the second or third round I would take him in the blink of an eye, but no way do I take him with a first round pick. Jets need speed for sure, and this guy looks like a Darren Sproles type. But Sproles is not an every down player due to his smallish size.

He is from Kent St. No one else offered him a scholarship out of high school, he can play RB/WR/, and return both punts, and kick offs, the best highlight in that whole reel IMO is against Kentucky a SEC school, when he splits the middle of the defense pops the last defender in the mouth with a stiff arm without losing a ounce of speed, and taking it the rest of the way to the house.

Chris Johnson went to East Carolina, does that matter now?

I agree the Jets do need a Matthews type, but they also need a guy who can take a screen pass, swing pass, HB draw, or a punt to the house on any given play when he touches it, and we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds we can get both.

If you watch the highlights again, he had 2 pass catches, one was a great post corner route, and another was him out jumping a defender in the back of the end zone to catch the ball, and then making an acrobatic catch while getting his feet in bounds.

He is from Kent St. No one else offered him a scholarship out of high school, he can play RB/WR/, and return both punts, and kick offs, the best highlight in that whole reel IMO is against Kentucky a SEC school, when he splits the middle of the defense pops the last defender in the mouth with a stiff arm without losing a ounce of speed, and taking it the rest of the way to the house.

Chris Johnson went to East Carolina, does that matter now?

I agree the Jets do need a Matthews type, but they also need a guy who can take a screen pass, swing pass, HB draw, or a punt to the house on any given play when he touches it, and we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds we can get both.

If you watch the highlights again, he had 2 pass catches, one was a great post corner route, and another was him out jumping a defender in the back of the end zone to catch the ball, and then making an acrobatic catch while getting his feet in bounds.

Kentucky is an SEC school in name only. They suck.  I am not trying to diss the kid, I am just saying the level of competition matters as much as his talent. East Carolina is a DI school and like I said I see the kid as a Sproles type and in the second or third round I would snatch him up in a tick.

Stephen Hill has  speed- look what we are getting with him so far-Hah

Big difference here, Archer is not a project, he has produced for 3 years, and part of his senior year (he was hurt for most of it, but came back to finish the year as hyped).

1st team all American Division 1 his junior year.

Has more receptions in his career then Hill ever did including his NFL time.

And as you can see on the film his speed translates on the football field.

You can't teach what this kid has, if he was on a team like Baylor the last 2 years he would be looked at as a sure fire 1st round pick like T Austin was.

There is nothing to develop except your offensive play book on how to get this kid the ball in open space, and smile at the results it yields.

Seriously can anyone remember the last time the Jets had a guy who was a threat to take the ball for a score every time he touched it? Maybe Santana Moss, but he had noodle arm throwing the ball, but did not have the vision, and quickness this kid has, and yes we took him in the 1st round.

Kentucky is an SEC school in name only. They suck.  I am not trying to diss the kid, I am just saying the level of competition matters as much as his talent. East Carolina is a DI school and like I said I see the kid as a Sproles type and in the second or third round I would snatch him up in a tick.

Kent St. Is a D 1 school also!

He was 1st team All American last year his Junior year for Division 1!

If you read my OP, I state I really hope he is there for the Jets to take with 1 of their 2 third round picks, as much as I love him you are correct it would be tough to argue not snatching a much bigger need like a (really hope we either miraculously make the playoffs, but if not play ourselves into the top 10 in the draft) M Evans, S Watkins, M Lee, or maybe even D Carr, or J Manziel if Jets look QB.

Manziel might go off on a stretcher, but imagine running the NFL version of the read option with him, Archer, Ivory, and Goodson as backs, and if a guy like J Mathews, or my favorite 2nd round WR B Cooks from Oregon St. That would be a lot of fun to watch with the right offensive mind teaching, designing, and calling the plays, and this would open up Hill deep single coverage, I haven't given up on him just yet, kid still has the skills he is only 22-23 years old, and needs the pressure off of him of being a #1 WR when he shouldn't have even played much his 1st 2 years with how raw a talent he is, and it's not his fault he got drafted where he did, he didn't make that choice the Jets did, and they deserve the wrath not him, year 3 is when most WR's start to get better, I don't think he will ever be a run every route type of #1 WR, but I think he will develop into a decent deep threat like a D Henderson was for the Saints, and the way R Moss was used in his career, not saying he will be R Moss, just saying he will be the same type of routes ran WR like Moss, Go routes, deep posts, and such.

Other players drafted, or playing/played in the NFL who played at Kent St.

Josh Cribbs WR/KPR

Brian Winters OL

Antonio Gates TE

Julian Edelman WR/PR

James Harrison OLB

Abram Elam S

Not the best, but also not the worst college program for NFL talent.

Kentucky is an SEC school in name only. They suck. I am not trying to diss the kid, I am just saying the level of competition matters as much as his talent. East Carolina is a DI school and like I said I see the kid as a Sproles type and in the second or third round I would snatch him up in a tick.

Talent >>>>> competition.

They are going to need an OLB too.  Pace looks to be sub-JAG at this point and I'm not sold on Antwan Barnes or Guy McIntyre as full time OLBs, especially with Coples on the other side. I'd expect a 3-5 round draft pick and a reasonable mid-level FA.

They are going to need an OLB too.  Pace looks to be sub-JAG at this point and I'm not sold on Antwan Barnes or Guy McIntyre as full time OLBs, especially with Coples on the other side. I'd expect a 3-5 round draft pick and a reasonable mid-level FA.

Gotta see of Rex is staying next year, and if not what type of D we will run, if its a 4-3 I would guess the Jets move, or release D Harris insert D Davis as starting MLB, and go out, and sign 1 OLB, and draft another possibly pretty high (2nd round) while moving Coples back to DE, and use Wilkerson on the other end the 1st 2 downs with Richardson, and Snacks inside, and moving Wilkerson inside for Snacks on passing downs, and bringing in a situational DE pass rusher (probably not on the roster now, more than likely will be a Veteran FA pickup).

With Rex staying its not that big a deal, the Jets play more of a 5-2 D on running downs, and a 3-3-5, or 3-2-6 on passing downs anyway, and Rex wants to the 2 guys on the ends of the 5-2 to be more of a run containment assignment then a big play/rush the passer type of player.

I also think if Rex stays the Jets sign Ed Reed to a 1 year deal if they feel he will get healthier (probably a mistake) like it, or not. At Reed's age it could take well over a year to fully heal if its a fully heal able type injury. He has played hard, and beat up his body, but if he can learn his limits, and accept the fact he isn't the same player speed wise he once was, I think he could adapt into a decent FS for 1, or 2 more years, but if he still thinks he can under cut rocket passes, and layout dudes on crazy angles he will find himself picking his head up of the turf to see the receivers dancing in the end zone an awful lot.

Archived