Jeremey Kerley

Lupz27

Is he really that good? Is he the difference maker the Jets offense needs, but we just haven't realized it?

The numbers speak for themselves, with Kerley 6-3, without Kerley 0-4!

Maybe add 1 more playmaker at WR as good as Kerley, but with size, and maybe Geno isn't so bad?

I don't think this is true, I find it to be odd about the stats with, and without Kerley, and think its just coincidental, Geno made a lot of bad throws today to wide open receivers that went up, and made good catches for him time, and time again.

Kerley changes the game on third down. He's a solid slot receiver and the Jets don't have another one. I'm not sure how the Jets were on the first two games he was out, but they had been atrocious on third down in Weeks 12 & 13.

I think he is severely underrated, not like he has #1 WR stuff but he is a solid/above average #2 WR.

Kerley changes the game on third down. He's a solid slot receiver and the Jets don't have another one. I'm not sure how the Jets were on the first two games he was out, but they had been atrocious on third down in Weeks 12 & 13.

Kerley is a great #3 receiver/slot receiver.  And calling him a #3 is not a shot at him since, ideally, a team's top three receivers all need to be targeted  and should make plays in today's NFL.

Well if true it's good to know we have something at least on offense, and not starting completely from scratch!

Looks like it's over for Hill.Would be surprised if he's on the team next year.

Dude enough with Hill is done, you don't cut a 23 year old kid who is struggling because the fans think he should be all pro by now! Yes if he was making Holmes $$$$ of course he is gone, but the kid is making peanuts, the Jets control him for 3 more years for peanuts if they want to. Watch Brandon LaFell tonight, kid is in his 4th year, was a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick, and is just starting to get it this year, and is a big part of why the Panthers are playing as good as they are on offense this year.

Is he really that good? Is he the difference maker the Jets offense needs, but we just haven't realized it?

Maybe add 1 more playmaker at WR as good as Kerley, but with size, and maybe Geno isn't so bad?

I don't think this is true, I find it to be odd about the stats with, and without Kerley, and think its just coincidental, Geno made a lot of bad throws today to wide open receivers that went up, and made good catches for him time, and time again.

geno smith sucks no matter who the receivers are

It's not that surprising and it's not coincidental: Kerley is the only guy who teams have to account for out of the slot, which draws a safety or linebacker outside the box and allows us to face a normal 7 or less. Go back and watch the difference between today, as well as the other games he's played in and the ones he's missed, there's no one to draw defenders away from the box like he does. Besides possibly holmes, there's just no one who can consistently beat man coverage like Kerley does, his routes are impecable.  

Winslow did a great job today as well, which just further emphasizes how an athletic tight end like Ebron or Amaro should be a priority in the upcoming draft. With the rules like they are, linebackers can't stay with you and safeties can't cover you, it's almost unfair seeing what Jimmy Graham and these guys can do.

It's not that surprising and it's not coincidental: Kerley is the only guy who teams have to account for out of the slot, which draws a safety or linebacker outside the box and allows us to face a normal 7 or less. Go back and watch the difference between today, as well as the other games he's played in and the ones he's missed, there's no one to draw defenders away from the box like he does. Besides possibly holmes, there's just no one who can consistently beat man coverage like Kerley does, his routes are impecable.  

Winslow did a great job today as well, which just further emphasizes how an athletic tight end like Ebron or Amaro should be a priority in the upcoming draft. With the rules like they are, linebackers can't stay with you and safeties can't cover you, it's almost unfair seeing what Jimmy Graham and these guys can do.

Agreed, but you better well be right if your gonna go after that TE with a 1st, because if he isn't J Graham like, the Jets world will be out with the pitch forks you can guarantee that, if we take Ebron, and he needs 2-3 years to get used to the blocking schemes, routes, and his responsibilities, you as the GM in NY just got fired!

Agreed, but you better well be right if your gonna go after that TE with a 1st, because if he isn't J Graham like, the Jets world will be out with the pitch forks you can guarantee that, if we take Ebron, and he needs 2-3 years to get used to the blocking schemes, routes, and his responsibilities, you as the GM in NY just got fired!

I'm not 100% sold that all three of Amaro, Ebron and ASJ go in the first round, but that's not really the point.  If I do draft someone like that, I'm not drafting them for their blocking ability: maybe he doesn't play more than in the red zone or on third downs like Graham and Gronk did, but he'd be a difference maker with that big frame. All that being said, with it being such a seemingly deep draft at WR, I don't think us as fans should be too surprised with the Jets' going OLB (mack, beasley etc.) or another position of need should the value be there and go WR/TE in the 2nd-4th rounds. **Hopefully in addition to the WR help they bring in via free agency. 

I'm not 100% sold that all three of Amaro, Ebron and ASJ go in the first round, but that's not really the point.  If I do draft someone like that, I'm not drafting them for their blocking ability: maybe he doesn't play more than in the red zone or on third downs like Graham and Gronk did, but he'd be a difference maker with that big frame. All that being said, with it being such a seemingly deep draft at WR, I don't think us as fans should be too surprised with the Jets' going OLB (mack, beasley etc.) or another position of need should the value be there and go WR/TE in the 2nd-4th rounds. **Hopefully in addition to the WR help they bring in via free agency.

Can't really say what the Jets can, and can't pick in the 1st round until Free Agency plays out since we have 50 million. If by some miracle Jimmy Graham isn't tagged, and the Jets sign him, there is no way their taking any of those TE's.

Can't really say what the Jets can, and can't pick in the 1st round until Free Agency plays out since we have 50 million. If by some miracle Jimmy Graham isn't tagged, and the Jets sign him, there is no way their taking any of those TE's.

Pretty sure the Saints' FO would cut half the offensive roster before allowing Graham to go anywhere else. With Gronk perpetually hurt the last couple of years, there's no one even close to Graham's level of production and consistency.  The point remains though:whether it's TE or WR, the Jets desperately need someone that defenses have to account for on every single snap. 

Pretty sure the Saints' FO would cut half the offensive roster before allowing Graham to go anywhere else. With Gronk perpetually hurt the last couple of years, there's no one even close to Graham's level of production and consistency. The point remains though:whether it's TE or WR, the Jets desperately need someone that defenses have to account for on every single snap.

The Jets do, but no matter how good, and deep a draft is at WR, and WR type TE's doesn't guarantee any of them will be ready for this type of role their 1st year right out the gate! Not to mention there also needs to be a competent QB in place to be able to get these players the ball if the Jets finally acquire a playmaker, or two!

He'll be in camp next year, hopefully against very tough competition.

Pretty much and I'm guessing he's still nearly a sure money bet to at least make the roster as a #4/#5 WR to start the season, barring there being both multiple FA signings AND multiple draft picks at WR that they feel are ready to contribute early on.

Pretty much and I'm guessing he's still nearly a sure money bet to at least make the roster as a #4/#5 WR to start the season, barring there being both multiple FA signings AND multiple draft picks at WR that they feel are ready to contribute early on.

Outside the Jets having some amazing turn around on their roster, and having a Seattle Seahawks type WR depth chart Stephen Hill will be the #2 WR here next year to start the season formation wise, Kerley will in theory if all goes as planned be #2, but playing the slot technically #3. Now the Jets have to decide how to get that #1 WR, free agency, or are they confident they can land one in the draft. Not saying he will stay the #2 WR all year, but because the WR's coming in will all be new it will be very tough for the Jets to find 2 new WR's to unseat A HEALTHY non recently concussed Stephen Hill to open next season. Only scenario I see this happening is if they keep MM as OC, or worse HC, and we sign Maclin, and use a 1st, or 2nd on a WR, and actually hit on him being an immediate impact player (very unlikely unless we trade up, or get lucky).

Yep, the problem isn't that Hill is a Jet it's that he's been 1-3 on the depth chart since he was drafted.

This

He should never have been asked to be a #1, or even a #2/#3 WR with his football experience, or should I say inexperience. He should have been developed properly, and brought in as a #4 deep threat WR while learning how to become a NFL WR like guys like Vincent Jackson were. The main problem with Hill is he doesn't need to just learn how to run routes like an NFL WR, he also needs to learn how to come back, attack, and catch the ball with his hands at its highest point using his size, and athletic ability, he is the poster child for the phrase "project player" who could pay off huge, or bust big. The Jets dropped the ball with drafting him in the 1st place for the need they had, and putting him in a role he clearly was not ready for.

But in no way do you give up on him after this season, I think the Jets have done the best thing for him by dropping him down the depth chart hopefully coaching him up, and not acting like he is in the dog house, a guy like Kerley who is already an established NFL WR was put in the dog house in the offseason, that works, but not with a kid who doesn't truly understand what it is he should be doing at the NFL level at the ripe young age of 22, he needs to be coached, and slowly brought along until he is ready to understand the position, and play at 100% speed without having to think, if he can learn the position to that point then he will be a star, if he can't get to the point where he doesn't have to think then he will always be a 4th, or 5th WR depth chart wise who can have 1, or 2 good games a year like he is now.

Confession, when Kerley scored on Sunday, Holmes was knocked down in the end zone, I thought because the ball wasn't thrown to him there was no way he would get up. I was thinking that's it for him lol, time for another "injury" . sorry but I had to say it

Archived