Manziel Ponders Life With New York Jets

flgreen

The big question does he wear panty hose?

Or open Bars where the Mob hangs, and having the Commish suspend you until you divest, hang out with the Rat pack , or date movie stars, or make movies, or predict wins when you are a record underdog.

I was going to say Joe Willie X 100, but then I thought, you know, to this day, really no one has still come close to the Rock star status of Joe Willie.

And to top it all off, that Delivery, the way he slung it, still the best I have ever seen, with Marino second.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This all may be true. It could be true about any QB we draft (I mean, they do this wrong, or they cant do that), but again, and I know you disagree, and look, even until I saw the Alabama game this year, I was not sold on him, but that game changed my mind.

Ok, let me ask you this, If they draft any QB, not just Manziel, in the 1st round, which I assume they would be then saying that this is "oor guy", would you want them to keep Geno around?

Here's how I think it goes:

--Jets end up with the 13th overall pick.

--Top five picks are Bridgewater, Clowney, Matthews, Anthony Barr, and Brett Hundley.

--Next tier of picks is Sammy Watkins, Derek Carr, Taylor Lewan, Bortles, and Mosley.

--When the Jets pick comes, they'll be picking from Marqise Lee OR Mike Evans, Jace Amaro, Manziel, Ha Ha Clinton Dix, or one of the OTs.

IMO, Idzik disqualifies Manziel because he's not a guaranteed upgrade (in terms of skillset) from Geno. He could go with Clinton-Dix in the hope that he's Earl Thomas. Or, he could tilt the board away from BPA and realize that he desperately needs one of the wideouts OR the big TE immediately, or he'll risk killing Geno entirely.

--I think Manziel goes to preseason workouts where teams will find out he doesn't really throw it all that well and he'll drop to the bottom of the first, where some dope GM will grab him.

Draft for need.

1st round corner?

Being a Jets fan can be like watching groundhog day. Again.

idzy is a slave to BPA in my opinion, so he needs to do great in FA.  he'll have a lot of money, but will need starters at expensive positions like WR, CB, OLB, and he needs to extend Mo and get a veteran back up QB that can walk

And what if Joe Willie stunk, no superbowl, no Jan12th 1969, no hall of fame, no merger BUT what if he doesnt stink like Joe Willie.

I'm willing to take the risk. Come on Jets, grow a pair, the rookie wage scale isnt a killer, you are clearing tons of cap, and as I said before, and I know people gasp at this, but if we drafted MANZIEL, I would trade or cut GENO, SANCHEZ, GARRARD etc, and have Manziel compete with Simms and another veteren. I wouldnt want Geno around screwing up our new "franchise guy".

Are we that satisfied with the mediocrity, the status quo, cant we finally take a "risk" on someone who has supersatr, rock star written all over him. Look Iknow the consequences, I know he could fail, but the UPSIDE is just unreal with this kid, and well worth the risk.

This. At a loss why this franchise is going to allow themselves to give a flying F--- about 2nd rounder Smith who has done nothing here to justify handing him this job. The jets piss away 2nd round picks as often as they change their socks. 

Here's how I think it goes:

--Jets end up with the 13th overall pick.

--Top five picks are Bridgewater, Clowney, Matthews, Anthony Barr, and Brett Hundley.

--Next tier of picks is Sammy Watkins, Derek Carr, Taylor Lewan, Bortles, and Mosley.

--When the Jets pick comes, they'll be picking from Marqise Lee OR Mike Evans, Jace Amaro, Manziel, Ha Ha Clinton Dix, or one of the OTs.

IMO, Idzik disqualifies Manziel because he's not a guaranteed upgrade (in terms of skillset) from Geno. He could go with Clinton-Dix in the hope that he's Earl Thomas. Or, he could tilt the board away from BPA and realize that he desperately needs one of the wideouts OR the big TE immediately, or he'll risk killing Geno entirely.

--I think Manziel goes to preseason workouts where teams will find out he doesn't really throw it all that well and he'll drop to the bottom of the first, where some dope GM will grab him.

Smith is terrible. Simms should be playing anyway. If Idzik takes a look at where this franchise has repeatedly screwed up, it's not admitting mistakes and moving on, instead they continue to indulge awful players because they drafted them. Admit Geno was a mistake and fix it. 

They'll pick a corner or a DL guy anyway. 

Smith is terrible. Simms should be playing anyway. If Idzik takes a look at where this franchise has repeatedly screwed up, it's not admitting mistakes and moving on, instead they continue to indulge awful players because they drafted them. Admit Geno was a mistake and fix it.

They'll pick a corner or a DL guy anyway.

Manziel doesn't "fix" the Smith problem. It just throws another body at it.

Meaning you'll break your back defending him even as he sucks until the day he leaves the organization, at which time you'll claim you knew he sucked all along?

First of all I will always think Rex is a good coach regardless of what happens

Second, I just meant in terms of their electric personalities. Rex is a better head coach than Johnny will be as an NFL QB.

First of all I will always think Rex is a good coach regardless of what happens

Second, I just meant in terms of their electric personalities. Rex is a better head coach than Johnny will be as an NFL QB.

Since REX is mediocre, then you think that Manziel will be, well, below average or worse. Is our current QB a worse QB than our current Head Coach is at Head coaching?

We dont need to waste another first round pick on a QB. Id rather spend it on either more picks or get a star WR who is gonna be successful no matter who is throwing to him.

Your post and the phrase "no matter who is throwing him the ball" seems like a complete indictment on our current QB, but yet you seem to indicate that a first round pick on a QB is a waste. We cant have it both ways can we?

Dude is from oil money, pretty sure he doesn't personally know a single person who's ever worked a day in their lives. 

So lets see, dude has the Heisman, has Money, has already had his share of controversey with his autographs, has his picture on the internest with 2 hotties, and obviuosly many more. Except for the money, the guy is already starting to act like my namesake. How is he at predicting games where he is a 16 point underdog?

So lets see, dude has the Heisman, has Money, has already had his share of controversey with his autographs, has his picture on the internest with 2 hotties, and obviuosly many more. Except for the money, the guy is already starting to act like my namesake. How is he at predicting games where he is a 16 point underdog?

If your namesake acted like that in college, Bear would have beat the piss out of him. If Manziel brings that act to the pros, where he hasn't done a damned thing, he'll get chewed up and spit out as quick as Jimmy Clausen. I understand you like him, but not only can I not stand the kid off the field, I don't like his style of play on the field, it's not that conducive to thriving in the NFL.  I don't like his size, his arm or his ability to play in the pocket, nor the fact that every time he's played an NFL style defense in my LSU, he's looked like dogsh*t.  Maybe if he's drafted in the second or third round by a team that can bring him a long slowly, but if he's forced to start from day one, he's going to look like a tiny, under-prepared Tony Romo.

Hundley, I am iffey on, Boyd is an absolute NO WAY. My list is:

1. Manziel

2. McCarron

3. Carr

4. Murray

5. Mettenberg

Mettenberg is capital G, Garbage imo. I'd be more interested in Blake Bortles if he enters, than anyone on that list. Agree on Boyd, although I could see Boyd being a back up and in like 4 years the starter gets hurt and he becomes a solid NFL QB. Manziel is either gonna star or totally implode. Either a total embarrassment or total star. Everyone likes Carr which I personally have no idea on. And what if Braxton Miller declares?

But for me, unless you're taking Bridgewater in the first, I think I might like Hundley in the second as a next best option.  If Murray is around in the mid-late rounds, would be a good pick too imo.

Archived