Josh Gordon

Jetsfan80

This is an old topic. Gordon is one strike away from a big suspension and I wouldn't risk a first round pick on the guy for at least one more year to see if he can fly straight. Stick with the draft, solid and lower priced FA's unless we get a guy that is really good. Character counts and Gordon should be in the Jets 'no fly zone.'

This is an old topic. Gordon is one strike away from a big suspension and I wouldn't risk a first round pick on the guy for at least one more year to see if he can fly straight. Stick with the draft, solid and lower priced FA's unless we get a guy that is really good. Character counts and Gordon should be in the Jets 'no fly zone.'

Yeah because that's worked so well for the Jets.

Anyone still out there who thinks we shouldn't have given up a 1st rounder for this guy?  Anyone think he burns us for any less than 200 yards this week?

Trade 2 first rounders and player to be named later.

We can win a Super Bowl when our roster has a majority of players with a J in their name.

i think we should have offer two #2 for him one this year and one next year this kid makes QBs look good  the draft is a great idea but can we any body say who was the last good player we got on O from the draft.you need players like him to build a team 

i think we should have offer two #2 for him one this year and one next year this kid makes QBs look good the draft is a great idea but can we any body say who was the last good player we got on O from the draft.you need players like him to build a team

Does more than one person post from this account, or do you have Multiple Personality Disorder?

If we change coaches and get someone who is a disciplanarian, then Maybe I take a shot at Gordon, but with Rex as the coach, are you kidding? He really did a great job controlling Holmes, who did whatever he wanted when ever he wanted, he took plays off, took games off, called out his QB, quit on his team, and Rex's response: Good job Kid, we need you.

Gordon would have Rex for lunch, but new coach with some discipline, I am all over this kid.

I think you'd be crazy NOT to want Josh Gordon on your team.

I guess we don't need him though, since we have David Nelson and Greg Salas.

They showed the amazing stat the other day where NO Jets wideout has at least 400 yards for the entire 14 game achedule, and this kid in a TWO GAME STRETCH had like 480, and thats with Weeden, or Hoyer, or some other practice squad QB slinging it.

max said it in another post if rex wins out and goes 8-8, he can save his job

the more likely outcome is 6-10 and firing, yes that's tough but fair.

When you're mathematically eliminated by Week 15 for the second straight year, it's safe to say he's done-zo.  Beating Cleveland and Miami to give us the 15th pick in the draft would just be a final Rex "F*** you", nothing more.

That dumb ass Idzik wouldnt pull the trigger.

Probably Rex's fault.

Of course it's Rex's fault. As head scout/GM/HC of the organization the man had a chance to get a stud and didn't. Gordon's the last of a dying breed - the big, fast, play and trouble making WR. To miss on something so rare...Further proof that this man, this Rex Ryan, is responsible for the dark, dark path the organization is on. 

When you're mathematically eliminated by Week 15 for the second straight year, it's safe to say he's done-zo.  Beating Cleveland and Miami to give us the 15th pick in the draft would just be a final Rex "F*** you", nothing more.

With our luck, Rex wins these last two games, gets fired and ends up getting hired by a team, that because he won those last two games as a going away present for us Jet fans, gets to pick ahead of us and grabs the QB we wanted.

Oh wait, scratch that, he will still pick some d-lineman and hand us our QB on a big green platter. Good ole Rex, keep winning with defense.

Is Gordon the last very good receiver to ever come out of the college ranks?  I do not want to give up multiple draft picks for a WR -- let alone one that is one strike from being put on the shelf.   Draft a WR early and sign a FA or two rather than pissing away draft picks.  Trades like this just keep the team from building quality young depth for the long haul.  It's not like the team is exactly loaded at every position.   If the Jets were one or two players away from a SB, I might feel differently.

Is Gordon the last very good receiver to ever come out of the college ranks?  I do not want to give up multiple draft picks for a WR -- let alone one that is one strike from being put on the shelf.   Draft a WR early and sign a FA or two rather than pissing away draft picks.  Trades like this just keep the team from building quality young depth for the long haul.  It's not like the team is exactly loaded at every position.   If the Jets were one or two players away from a SB, I might feel differently.

Well, not really.  

Say the asking price for Gordon was a 2 and a 4, or a 2 and a player (I forget now which the rumor was).

Well, in order to get someone else, we have to burn a minimum of 1 pick.  Minimum, because the odds of finding someone of his production level 1 pick out of 1 is pretty slim.  First there has to be a receiver like him that comes out annually, and there just isn't.  Then we have to be the one to take him, which also assumes we're in a position to do so (Megatron, for example, was not attainable no matter how much anyone in a fictitious Jets FO wanted him).

Then you're going to sign a FA or two, at whatever unknown cost or production potential with sub-standard QBs like we have been trotting out there.

Gordon would have been dirt-cheap for 2013, 2014, and 2015.  

Now consider our crackerjack scouts felt Stephen Hill was worth a 2 plus a 4 (or whatever the second pick was that we used to trade up to get Hill).

There is a risk in burning a pick or two on Hill and there is a risk in burning a pick or two on draftees.  At least with the former, you know the guy is a GREAT wideout at the NFL level who requires no learning of the position to perform at an elite level instantaneously.  The odds of finding someone like that are very slim, which is why there are so few great ones out there.

Name another WR that could make those Clowns QBs look good, and rewrite receiving record books while incompetents are tossing the football his way, and while everyone is well aware of where he is at all time.  They have one other receiving target (a TE) and no other WRs nor a ground attack whatsoever.  So Gordon is getting plenty of attention from opposing D's, and he's still putting up video game numbers with scrubs delivery the ball.

If he was a FA next year who needed an expensive, new contract (like was required when we traded for Holmes, Edwards, Cromartie, Jenkins) or if we were trading up for a rookie making veteran superstud money (like Gholston and Sanchez and Robertson and Ferguson got), then you have to take character into consideration big-time.  Because Gordon was dirt-cheap for 8 games in 2013 plus two more full seasons, the risk is only that of the pick(s).  And we get to save the cap $ you'd spend on multiple FAs who won't approach Gordon's production or potential.

If he was truly available, which is still not really known, we should have made a move for him.  Then again, rookie Geno would have been throwing to him and he'd have nowhere near his Browns' numbers, and the trade would have therefore looked foolish.  So there's that.

Well, not really.  

Say the asking price for Gordon was a 2 and a 4, or a 2 and a player (I forget now which the rumor was).

Well, in order to get someone else, we have to burn a minimum of 1 pick.  Minimum, because the odds of finding someone of his production level 1 pick out of 1 is pretty slim.  First there has to be a receiver like him that comes out annually, and there just isn't.  Then we have to be the one to take him, which also assumes we're in a position to do so (Megatron, for example, was not attainable no matter how much anyone in a fictitious Jets FO wanted him).

Then you're going to sign a FA or two, at whatever unknown cost or production potential with sub-standard QBs like we have been trotting out there.

Now consider our crackerjack scouts felt Stephen Hill was worth a 2 plus a 4 (or whatever the second pick was that we used to trade up to get Hill).

There is a risk in burning a pick or two on Hill and there is a risk in burning a pick or two on draftees.  At least with the former, you know the guy is a GREAT wideout at the NFL level who requires no learning of the position to perform at an elite level instantaneously.  The odds of finding someone like that are very slim, which is why there are so few great ones out there.

Name another WR that could make those Clowns QBs look good, and rewrite receiving record books while incompetents are tossing the football his way, and while everyone is well aware of where he is at all time.  They have one other receiving target (a TE) and no other WRs nor a ground attack whatsoever.  So Gordon is getting plenty of attention from opposing D's, and he's still putting up video game numbers with scrubs delivery the ball.

If he was a FA next year who needed an expensive, new contract (like was required when we traded for Holmes, Edwards, Cromartie, Jenkins) or if we were trading up for a rookie making veteran superstud money (like Gholston and Sanchez and Robertson and Ferguson got), then you have to take character into consideration big-time.  Because Gordon was dirt-cheap for 8 games in 2013 plus two more full seasons, the risk is only that of the pick(s).  And we get to save the cap $ you'd spend on multiple FAs who won't approach Gordon's production or potential.

hasis being on the 

If he was truly available, which is still not really known, we should have made a move for him.  Then again, rookie Geno would have been throwing to him and he'd have nowhere near his Browns' numbers, and the trade would have therefore looked foolish.  So there's that.

Here's the problem I have with all the supposed trade scenarios, nobody knows if the Browns were serious about trading him in the first place.  Obviously, there was no fire sale.  And if, in fact, they were dangling the idea it was to see if some team offered them something stupid-good like a 1+ 2/3 -- with the emphasis being on the stupid part of good.  No way they were, or will, let him go for a 2 and a 4.  

The Jets are not one player away.  We really are in a re-building process.  No QB, terribly weak secondary, needs at OLB, OL and, obviously, at WR.  We are going into the offseason with draft picks and plenty of cap room.  I want to see the team be efficient in allocating assets rather than shooting from the hip like they have done in recent years.

If we change coaches and get someone who is a disciplanarian, then Maybe I take a shot at Gordon, but with Rex as the coach, are you kidding? He really did a great job controlling Holmes, who did whatever he wanted when ever he wanted, he took plays off, took games off, called out his QB, quit on his team, and Rex's response: Good job Kid, we need you.

Gordon would have Rex for lunch, but new coach with some discipline, I am all over this kid.

Big difference thou, Gordon is 3 years away from his Santonio pay day, think 2010 Holmes on Barry Bonds type steriods/HGH!  At 6-4, and much faster, Gordon is probably the 2nd best WR in th NFL right now, and if he screws up over the next 2 seasons he will cost himself 50+ million dollars, that is a lot of reasons to stay straight, and narrow! 

Well, not really.  

Jets probably win 2 more games easily if they pulled the trigger on Gordon, if for no other reason it pulled the 8 man box option defenses use almost every play with no deep threat, and one of those games could have been the Ravens game, and/or Dolphins game putting us in a nice spot as Gordon gets ready to punish his former team this week with a big old FU for trading me you dumbasses!  Holmes now stops seeing double, and triple team rolled coverages, has a great attitude again because he is free to get wide open, and the team is winning, Kerley is one on one every play, and he wins one on one's more often than not, and now with only 6-7 guys in the box Ivory is pounding defenses into submission every 4th quarter while Geno is just handing off balls with a nice lead not forcing INT's trying to bring his team back from behind, and even if he is behind Josh Gordon might snatch some of those balls that are getting picked off!

Damn stupid Rex Ryan for not making that trade!

That dumb ass Idzik wouldnt pull the trigger.

Probably Rex's fault.

the Gayne rule of thumb: if it worked out, it was Idzikiots decision, if it didn't, it was Rex's

it's actually a very simple rule and brings great clarity of mind when followed

Gordon is locked up for cheap through the 2015 season, so the Jets have 2 more years to build a SB team around the 2nd best WR in football who happens to only be 23 years old!  Please tell me with a straight face you trust the Jets to draft a WR who could be elite in any round, never mind in an early round, they have picked 2 WR's in the 1st 2 rounds in the last 10 years that's it!

Big difference thou, Gordon is 3 years away from his Santonio pay day, think 2010 Holmes on Barry Bonds type steriods/HGH!  At 6-4, and much faster, Gordon is probably the 2nd best WR in th NFL right now, and if he screws up over the next 2 seasons he will cost himself 50+ million dollars, that is a lot of reasons to stay straight, and narrow! 

I agree, this dude is scary, and really, I dont believe for a minute that Cleveland is about to trade the only receiver in the league you can even mention in the same breath as Megatron, and in fact with his speed, he may even surpass Megatron. If that happens and he stays straight, he could be a legitimate HOF.

Sure if the Jets could get him, and not "give up the house" fine, but I would rather save the "house" for a Franchise QB, if not for the reason you mentioned in the other thread , that this draft is loaded with receivers, and I think you said maybe 15 in the first 3 rounds. Incredible.

I agree, this dude is scary, and really, I dont believe for a minute that Cleveland is about to trade the only receiver in the league you can even mention in the same breath as Megatron, and in fact with his speed, he may even surpass Megatron. If that happens and he stays straight, he could be a legitimate HOF.

Sure if the Jets could get him, and not "give up the house" fine, but I would rather save the "house" for a Franchise QB, if not for the reason you mentioned in the other thread , that this draft is loaded with receivers, and I think you said maybe 15 in the first 3 rounds. Incredible.

That ship has sailed, you could have gotten him week 4-6 for 2 2nd's more than likely thou.

I'm loving the Stephen Hill pick along with Clyde Gates. Before its all said and done, they'll be in the hall of fame!

Archived