Rex for how long?

NCJETSFAN

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm in the minority but actually I'd like to see Rex stay. Give him a 2 year deal and see what happens. A lot, of course , will depend on Gino's progress or lack of.

You are not in the minority.  T0m and a few others by trolling the site have made you feel that way.  The poll on here I believe was 58% for Rex.   

Of the  polls  on other sites, and the media, it ranges from 75-90% for Rex staying

guys what if we just let him coach out the last year of his contract

I tried that already.  I'm told it's impossible.  That the last year doesn't really exist and 4-year contracts are actually 3-year contracts.  One dare not enter the 4th year.  Must cut bait or extend.  Do not enter the forbidden zone.

If there is an obvious, available upgrade then replace him.  If he's getting replaced just to replace him, and if Rex is such obvious pre-destined failure, then I'd rather have 1 year of it than 3 or more with a shiny, new incompetent.

You are not in the minority.  T0m and a few others by trolling the site have made you feel that way.  The poll on here I believe was 58% for Rex.   

Of the  polls  on other sites, and the media, it ranges from 75-90% for Rex staying

probably 100% by now for Rex staying. 

If Rex stays I can almost guarantee that the Jets will have another .500 or worse season and miss the playoffs again. So, yeah. Bring him back. People here love mediocrity.

I cannot believe Izdk likes the Jets popping off every other week. Sherman talks some for the Hawks, but Rex takes it another level.

Mo Wilky guaranteed the NE win = loss

Colon ran his mouth to the Bills = loss

Santurdio dissed the Panthers = loss

Rex dared the Ravens to throw deep = loss

Now, Crow bad mouths Miami = if I had to bet another loss.

Sanchez should have never been starting.

The Jets would have at least been to a Super Bowl if a Vet was the starter and Sanchez was on the job training.

Some of your points on this thread like this one are good. But, Bevell is getting a lot of credit for what is a talented offense in Seattle. He was fired not too long ago from the Vikings and has really no coaching history before that. Bevell is a run first coach, and I really do not see him as any upgrade to Rex. Rex, like many coaches, including Belichick has made some mistakes - but seems to have learned from them. If you bring in another first year head coach you are kind of starting over. Especially one with as little experience as Bevell. You really can not blame Rex for the offense this year. It has no talent at all.

Some of your points on this thread like this one are good. But, Bevell is getting a lot of credit for what is a talented offense in Seattle. He was fired not too long ago from the Vikings and has really no coaching history before that. Bevell is a run first coach, and I really do not see him as any upgrade to Rex. Rex, like many coaches, including Belichick has made some mistakes - but seems to have learned from them. If you bring in another first year head coach you are kind of starting over. Especially one with as little experience as Bevell. You really can not blame Rex for the offense this year. It has no talent at all.

Russell Wilson is great, Marshawn Lynch is good, Golden Tate is a #2-3 receiver. They start Doug Baldwin at WR and Zach Miller at TE. To say that he's coaching a "talented" offense is a stretch. He hasn't even had his #1 or 2 receiver all year and they're 2nd in points scored.

Rex is to blame for the offensive talent he has been here for 5 years and only cares about the defense Go look at the the offensive talent last year. It's the same !! Don't give him a pass. When he says this is the most talented team he's had out of training camp ! If he gets an extension of more than a year we might be in trouble

Three years. His last contract year to realize Geno sucks and two years with a new QB, a veteren hardened defense and an offense that should have some weapons. but honestly i dont trust the jets to not try and go after johnny manzel and waste another 1. We should pick nothing but skill players and no QB so there can be no way we are saying "Geno doesnt have any help!" Cause thats what you all are gonna say all next year when he is still sucking balls...

Rex is to blame for the offensive talent he has been here for 5 years and only cares about the defense Go look at the the offensive talent last year. It's the same !! Don't give him a pass. When he says this is the most talented team he's had out of training camp ! If he gets an extension of more than a year we might be in trouble

Even of this were true -and I don't buy in, I put the blame squarely at Tannenbaum's feet, but- even if this were true, it shouldn't matter at all to the new GM if he intends to have complete control over free agency and the draft. Why should it matter to him if when Rex said, "jump!" Tannenbaum said, "how high?" If Idzik has no intention of jumping?

Even of this were true -and I don't buy in, I put the blame squarely at Tannenbaum's feet, but- even if this were true, it shouldn't matter at all to the new GM if he intends to have complete control over free agency and the draft. Why should it matter to him if when Rex said, "jump!" Tannenbaum said, "how high?" If Idzik has no intention of jumping?[/quo

Lol at the draft picks all defense !! But Rex has no say ?

Lol at the draft picks all defense !! But Rex has no say ?

You missed the point. If Rex had all the say in the world with Tannenbaum, that's inconsequential to Idzik if he doesn't plan to give Ryan the same level of input.

Basically, so what?

Sanchez should have never been starting.

The Jets would have at least been to a Super Bowl if a Vet was the starter and Sanchez was on the job training.

All hypotheticals, that I don't necessarily disagree with, but they don't prove that Schotty wasn't awful as well. 

Rex has been here 5 yeArs And besides the. DL the whole team has gotten worse but that's. not his fault ! What is his fault ? I don't get all this support when we haven't been to the playoffs in 3 years !

Austin Howard, Jeremy Kerley, others on defense have all developed pretty well. Cro played better with Rex, than he did in SD. Revis played his best under Rex. D Davis looks to be coming along nicely. Powell and Ivory are playing well. B Edwards played good under Rex. There are more too. 

Russell Wilson is great, Marshawn Lynch is good, Golden Tate is a #2-3 receiver. They start Doug Baldwin at WR and Zach Miller at TE. To say that he's coaching a "talented" offense is a stretch. He hasn't even had his #1 or 2 receiver all year and they're 2nd in points scored.

The Seahawks have one of the best, if not thee best OL's in the NFL. Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate are better than any WR's the Jets have brought through here in like three years. Who are the great WR's that Rex is holding back? Gates? Lynch isnt just good, he is GREAT. 

Offense is the way to go. Jets cannot compete with the 30th ranked offense no matter how good the defense is.

Darrel Bevel is the guy. He developed Wilson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Bevell

Which makes him a great OC or QB coach, but not sure about HC. So many more things (that Rex doesn't know) go into being a HC like instilling discipline and not allowing players to make stupid, outrageous statements to the press (Cromartie, Holmes) and keeping the team on an even emotional level through the entire season, NOT just a game or two here and there. I don't think Bevel is the guy, but he may be Idzik's guy.

If Rex stays I can almost guarantee that the Jets will have another .500 or worse season and miss the playoffs again. So, yeah. Bring him back. People here love mediocrity.

I agree. I also predict that the Jets will NOT make a SB EVER with Rex Ryan as HC. I don't care if he stays 10 more years, the Jets will be close but no cigar. I also predict that next season the Jets will stand with a winning record and people thinking playoffs and a big game coming up against a division foe. Rex will, of course, call it a 'huge game' and guess what? The Jets will LOSE by 20. THAT is who Rex Ryan really is....almost a HC.

Which makes him a great OC or QB coach, but not sure about HC. So many more things (that Rex doesn't know) go into being a HC like instilling discipline and not allowing players to make stupid, outrageous statements to the press (Cromartie, Holmes) and keeping the team on an even emotional level through the entire season, NOT just a game or two here and there. I don't think Bevel is the guy, but he may be Idzik's guy.

Agreed, this is what Rex is not good at. Not sure Bevell coming from that circus in Seattle would change any of that.

Austin Howard, Jeremy Kerley, others on defense have all developed pretty well. Cro played better with Rex, than he did in SD. Revis played his best under Rex. D Davis looks to be coming along nicely. Powell and Ivory are playing well. B Edwards played good under Rex. There are more too.

It's not like any of the great talent provided by the front office that slipped thru Rex's fingers has gone on to greatness, either. I mean, outside of the Great and Powerful Woodhead. In fact, you could look at a guy in Brad Smith who earned a $4M/year free agent contract for his work under Rex, only to be cut by the team who paid him. He hasn't come close to the same production.

It's not like any of the great talent provided by the front office that slipped thru Rex's fingers has gone on to greatness, either. I mean, outside of the Great and Powerful Woodhead. In fact, you could look at a guy in Brad Smith who earned a $4M/year free agent contract for his work under Rex, only to be cut by the team who paid him. He hasn't come close to the same production.

Agreed, if you want to kill Rex for his lack of getting certain players under control. Players that other frachises couldnt control either, btw, then fine. But Rex hasnt had a lot of talent to work with.

I also predict that the Jets will NOT make a SB EVER with Rex Ryan as HC.

Bold prediction, because -you know- without Rex the Jets go to the Super Bowl all the time.

Of course, with Rex the Jets have been closer, more often, than at any other time in franchise history since Weeb. But yeah, whatever.

Bold prediction, because -you know- without Rex the Jets go to the Super Bowl all the time.

Of course, with Rex the Jets have been closer, more often, than at any other time in franchise history since Weeb. But yeah, whatever.

Ancient f-ink history. How have the last three years been? You a happy man now that the Jets might actually be a .500 team? Let's not forget the genius Rex is on the sideline today against a team he rarely beats which also happens to be a division rival, but I guess your ok with that watching it on your big screen TV in your mom's basement while she whips up a batch of Quinos,

And while we are on the subject of Rex getting the Jets CLOSE, let's take a look at how those games turned out. How well did Rex's TOP freakin 5 defense stop the Steelers run game? Nine straight runs right the fu*k at them and BARF Scott whiffs on NOT one but TWO times where he coulda, woulda, shoulda stopped the mighty Rashard Mendenhall BEHIND the LOS. Yeah, the Jets turned up BIG TIME for that one. What REALLY happened was that Rex was so gushy in love with himself after upsetting the Pats that he COMPLETELY forgot to prepare them for Pittsburgh. But that's ok too ain't it?

Archived